2011-2012 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldierboy, thinking about adding an MDapps profile? It'd be great to know more about SDN friends here so we can help each other out. I already have 1 convert, lol
unfortunately im embarrassed about my freshman and sophmore yr GPAs (I was an Aerospace Engineering major) and most of my clinical hrs have been my 2 yrs as a combat medic...Im sure we will be seeing eachother at interviews...I cant believe ur applying a 3rd yr!...do u rly not wanna do Osteopathic or what?

Members don't see this ad.

unfortunately im embarrassed about my freshman and sophmore yr GPAs (I was an Aerospace Engineering major) and most of my clinical hrs have been my 2 yrs as a combat medic...Im sure we will be seeing eachother at interviews...I cant believe ur applying a 3rd yr!...do u rly not wanna do Osteopathic or what?
I am applying Osteopathic this year. Didn't know about it much the previous years; I was just not a prepared applicant except for the fact that I had a degree.
Last chance this year, since my MCAT will be expiring for most schools :xf:

I am applying Osteopathic this year. Didn't know about it much the previous years; I was just not a prepared applicant except for the fact that I had a degree.
Last chance this year, since my MCAT will be expiring for most schools :xf:
ull get in somewhere...it definitely shows dedication...

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your application to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science! We have recently completed review of your application for the class of 2016. While your application highlights your many strengths and charts the unique journey you have taken to become a physician, we are not able to offer you spot in the entering class.

Oh well I'm out of the race, good luck to everyone else!!! :xf:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your application to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science! We have recently completed review of your application for the class of 2016. While your application highlights your many strengths and charts the unique journey you have taken to become a physician, we are not able to offer you spot in the entering class.

I'm sorry to hear this. Good luck at other schools. Did you by chance get pooled first?

I'm in the pooool.

Cue obligatory pool jpg

crowded-pool.jpg

Dear Applicant,

woah!

good luck with the rest of your schools! (You got invited to several right?)

woah!

good luck with the rest of your schools! (You got invited to several right?)

Yeah thanks my situation is pretty okay right now.
5 rejections:- Tulane, EVMS, UC-Irvine, Rosalind and Cooper
2 interviews:- VCU and Morehouse.

I'm sorry to hear this. Good luck at other schools. Did you by chance get pooled first?

Nope I did not get pooled at all just straight rejected haha

Now now, no need to bad mouth a school b/c they rejected you. But I do agree that it is better to be rejected early than let it drag forever with a "hold" status and eventually get rejected in Spring. I believe you're a good applicant, so good luck with the other schools this cycle :luck:

I didn't feel a need to bad mouth, just being honest and candid :) good luck or your apps as well :luck:

If anyone is interested, I feel my rejection was in most part due to the fact I had zero non-medical volunteer work. Will update when I get a reply from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
i shadowed an alumni here and he had nothing but good things to say

I still did not get a secondary, but is it because my AMCAS is still not verified???

And, I'm sorry to the person that got rejected; I know how it feels...just keep your spirits up and don't forget your ultimate goal: one med school acceptance, don't lose hope.

OMG they rejected so many people:( I have a bad feeling I'm next unless theres a miracle..

I still did not get a secondary, but is it because my AMCAS is still not verified???

And, I'm sorry to the person that got rejected; I know how it feels...just keep your spirits up and don't forget your ultimate goal: one med school acceptance, don't lose hope.

When was your primary verified. It never hurts to send them an e-mail, considering time is of the essence at this point.

anyone know from last year's thread when ppl generally are getting rejected/invited off the MAY be invited pool? I'm hoping someone else has done the legwork and looked it up for their own curiosities

anyone know from last year's thread when ppl generally are getting rejected/invited off the MAY be invited pool? I'm hoping someone else has done the legwork and looked it up for their own curiosities

I believe the first invites went out on 9/1, so it shouldn't be too much longer. Good luck!

I believe the first invites went out on 9/1, so it shouldn't be too much longer. Good luck!

Yeah hopefully with some good news! I was complete 7/21 and small pooled on 8/11. Good luck to you too!

Where do you guys check your status? Or do they send you an email every time they update your status?

Interview Invite too!!!!!! And my stats are far from stellar (MCAT<30)

Good luck everyone!

Got an interview!!! :D:D Too bad they don't have more october dates, guess I'll make do ;)

Primary Screen 7/20
Small Pooled 8/8
Interview Invite! :love: 8/25

First one! Congrats to everyone else, and good luck for those still waiting!

For reference: cGPA 3.77 sGPA 3.8 MCAT 32R

Primary Screen 7/20
Small Pooled 8/8
Interview Invite! :love: 8/25

First one! Congrats to everyone else, and good luck for those still waiting!

For reference: cGPA 3.77 sGPA 3.8 MCAT 32R

Congrats! When did you submit your secondary?

Interview invite (pooled on 7/20; 3.9/35/international).

how do you know if your pooled or anything? people with interviews what are your stats?

Interview Invite!!!!! 2nd one....awesome!!! really excited about this school, should be a fantastic experience! I'm thinking about going on the 3rd of october? anyone else in the same boat?

how do you know if your pooled or anything? people with interviews what are your stats?

They will email you when and if you are pooled. I was complete on 7/26 and pooled on 8/18...so, it took about 3 weeks.

Still hoping for an II!

Congrats, everyone!

Quick question: did anyone receive an invite that doesn't have research but also doesn't have a 34-35+? I feel a little left out haha. Of course, there will be several more invites, but I'm trying to gauge what RFU is targeting. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.