2011-2012 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
eeeeexcellent...

also, how do you spell "integrity"?

^literally laughed out loud.
just submitted the secondary, hoping for that complete email in the next couple days

Members don't see this ad.

complete: 7/25
entered screening: 7/26

I really hope to get small pooled!
Good luck everyone!
:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
complete: 7/25
entered screening: 7/26

I really hope to get small pooled!
Good luck everyone!
:luck:
You mean the large pool. Seems like everyone gets into that pool. I wonder what's the point of screening for a pool of applicants who might be interviewed when all of those who submitted a secondary passes the screen

You mean the large pool. Seems like everyone gets into that pool. I wonder what's the point of screening for a pool of applicants who might be interviewed when all of those who submitted a secondary passes the screen

If you're basing this assumption on what you see on SDN, I'd say it's invalid. :p

If you're basing this assumption on what you see on SDN, I'd say it's invalid. :p
I dunno man. If I can get pass the screen, I'm sure most ppl can, since my GPA is in the lower end. I didn't get a single invite the last two years, yet I passed the primary screening of CMS? Sounds like a large pool for me

I dunno man. If I can get pass the screen, I'm sure most ppl can, since my GPA is in the lower end. I didn't get a single invite the last two years, yet I passed the primary screening of CMS? Sounds like a large pool for me

kind of presumptuous of you to make such concrete conclusions especially based off of SDN and anecdotal evidence.

im sure theres more to ur app than just ur low GPA that they saw...im sure people who aren't posting (or aren't even on SDN) have not yet been pooled in while im sure it is not a "small" pool I am quite sure there are people who don't pass the screen.

im sure theres more to ur app than just ur low GPA that they saw...im sure people who aren't posting (or aren't even on SDN) have not yet been pooled in while im sure it is not a "small" pool I am quite sure there are people who don't pass the screen.
Thx soldierboy. I was just making a little joke about how all SDNers were in the pool and other guys seem to be offended by it. I'm just saying that I have low stats compared to fellow SDNers here and was surprised that even I passed the screen :D

The admissions lady told me that they receive about 6500 completed applications and screen (or pool) about 50-60% them and 600-700 will be interviewed. It's always nice to know these statistics.

Completed secondary: 8/1

They e-mailed me a PDF version of my app, but it only shows the part of my essay that fit the boxes provided, even though my essay's a bit longer than that. If this is the printout that the adcom gets, I'm screwed! :scared:

Completed secondary: 8/1

They e-mailed me a PDF version of my app, but it only shows the part of my essay that fit the boxes provided, even though my essay's a bit longer than that. If this is the printout that the adcom gets, I'm screwed! :scared:

don't worry they can expand the box in their reader and see the whole thing.

Entered Screening: 7/18
Small Pooled: 8/2

But I guess I'm still in the ocean of applicants now :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys get an email when you were complete or how does it work?

Did you guys get an email when you were complete or how does it work?

You get an email when you are complete. Later you will get an email that mentions that you entered the screening process.

I guess not everyone can be small pooled... :(

Sorry to hear that :/ Did you get an email notifying you that you weren't small pooled? Just wondering if Rosalind Franklin sends notification about when the screening process ends, whether it's positive or negative.

I guess not everyone can be small pooled... :(

So sorry man :( maybe this cool gif will put everything into perspective? this small set back is only a fraction of a fraction of the things you will eventually forget and not care about.

QfjUn.gif

Entered Screening: 7/18
Small Pooled: 8/2

But I guess I'm still in the ocean of applicants now :p

haha same here, i entered screening on the 18th too and had pretty much assumed i was not getting small pooled because it took so long to hear back!

Yes, it was a rejection letter through e-mail.

Thanks for the pic/words of encouragement slowpoke! I'm sure this is only one of many rejections... all I need is one acceptance!

Good luck to all you small poolers! :luck:

Yes, it was a rejection letter through e-mail.

Thanks for the pic/words of encouragement slowpoke! I'm sure this is only one of many rejections... all I need is one acceptance!

Good luck to all you small poolers! :luck:

sorry to hear that.

i went to chicago for a conference but never got the chance to see that big mirror ball (i forget what it's called).

sorry to hear that.

i went to chicago for a conference but never got the chance to see that big mirror ball (i forget what it's called).

the bean!!!

p.s. what is your icon? i liked your old one better (the dog) :) now you're so scary!

the bean!!!

p.s. what is your icon? i liked your old one better (the dog) :) now you're so scary!

second person to say such things!!

it's Ghost from MW2 (really good video game :) I have to admit adcoms, I play video games)

I will probably change my avatar now

second person to say such things!!

it's Ghost from MW2 (really good video game :) I have to admit adcoms, I play video games)

I will probably change my avatar now
It's alright. I'm a starcraft2 player myself lol

It's alright. I'm a starcraft2 player myself lol

haha I actually wanted to put 'Starcraft' as one of my interests for one of the secondary applications (I dont think it was for Rosalind Franklin), but decided not to for fear of discrimination (?) :p

haha I actually wanted to put 'Starcraft' as one of my interests for one of the secondary applications (I dont think it was for Rosalind Franklin), but decided not to for fear of discrimination (?) :p

Don't get me started, I wanted so badly to put years of leading a raiding mmo guild as "leadership." :laugh: Don't worry, I didn't!

Don't get me started, I wanted so badly to put years of leading a raiding mmo guild as "leadership." :laugh: Don't worry, I didn't!

:lol:haha I wonder if anyone has done this before, putting video games under extra-curricular activities.

Has anyone ever got this error when submitting your secondary application:

Server Error in '/DNN' Application

Please let me know if you have any advice

Has anyone ever got this error when submitting your secondary application:

Server Error in '/DNN' Application

Please let me know if you have any advice

not sure if this is the same error, but a couple of pages back people said they were getting an error and all they needed to do was to upload their picture as well.

It didn't work for me. I inputted everything :S

So I submitted my secondary and got the "please complete your app before the deadline" email...what's the turn around on getting a "your app is complete" email?? I want to get screened!

not sure if this is the same error, but a couple of pages back people said they were getting an error and all they needed to do was to upload their picture as well.

it worked for me when i did NOT upload my picture. also i wrote to RFU and here's what they said:

"Dear citrusguy2010,

Applicants who have issues with submitting the supplemental should try not uploading a picture. For whatever reason, the picture sometimes causes an issue with the system. The picture is an optional portion to the application.

If you should have any other questions, please feel free to contact our office.

Sincerely,

CMS Admissions Office"

hope that helps

So I submitted my secondary and got the "please complete your app before the deadline" email...what's the turn around on getting a "your app is complete" email?? I want to get screened!

It was almost a month for me. I didn't get a "complete" email until August 1st, but I submitted my secondary way back on July 5th. No pending MCAT scores, letters, or anything like that either. Don't know if my case is typical though.

well, for me....

Complete, entered screening, screened-in -> 7/14, 7/18, 7/29

Complete, Entered screening, small pooled --> 7/19, 7/20 and 8/08.

Does anyone know when CMS interview invites typically first start appearing?

Good luck to all.

The admissions lady told me that they receive about 6500 completed applications and screen (or pool) about 50-60% them and 600-700 will be interviewed. It's always nice to know these statistics.

Thanks! Very helpful :)

Complete, Entered screening, small pooled --> 7/19, 7/20 and 8/08.

Does anyone know when CMS interview invites typically first start appearing?

Good luck to all.

Do they send you an email every time there's a change (entered screening, etc) or is there some mysterious status page that I'm just missing?

Complete email received!

Do they send you an email every time there's a change (entered screening, etc) or is there some mysterious status page that I'm just missing?

Complete email received!

They sent me an e-mail every step of the way. All the more reason to love RFU!
Good luck!

Complete email received!

they send you an email

Complete email received!

How long did it take for you to receive the complete email? Thanks!

Submitted 8/4, received the complete email today

I submitted two days earlier on 08/02 and received the complete email the same day. Strange how things vary so much. Did you have all your letters in?

I submitted two days earlier on 08/02 and received the complete email the same day. Strange how things vary so much. Did you have all your letters in?

Yeah, but my letters just got released to AMCAS last tuesday

Complete 7/19
Primary Screening 7/20
Small Pooled 8/8! <--they were waiting for my MCAT I think.

Good luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.