2011-2012 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Primary Screen 7/20
Small Pooled 8/8
Interview Invite! :love: 8/25

First one! Congrats to everyone else, and good luck for those still waiting!

For reference: cGPA 3.77 sGPA 3.8 MCAT 32R

Congrats bud! You deserve it :) More invites to come!

Members don't see this ad.

Complete 7/14
Entered screening 7/18
Small Pooled 7/29
Interview Invite 8/25

Hope that helps, everyone :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete: 7/18
Pooled: 8/2
....heard nothing yet....:(

When I submitted my secondary, they sent me an email saying they received the secondary app. Now, is this the same email as "the your app is complete" email or do I receive another email saying my app is now complete?

Any advice on how to get from O'hare to the RFU area other than a cab or the Metra? The Metra just seems really out of the way.

Any advice on how to get from O'hare to the RFU area other than a cab or the Metra? The Metra just seems really out of the way.

O'hare is rather far from North Chicago. North Chicago is close to the Wisconsin border and so you would be better off (cost-wise) to take the Metra. A cab from O'hare to North Chicago would run you like 150-200 dollars.

O'hare is rather far from North Chicago. North Chicago is close to the Wisconsin border and so you would be better off (cost-wise) to take the Metra. A cab from O'hare to North Chicago would run you like 150-200 dollars.

Actually I called American Taxi and it would cost about $50

finally pooled here. i was very nervous for a bit there...now the wait continues!

Members don't see this ad :)
Try flying into Milwaukee. You can sometimes get cheaper flights. I'm sure you can get a taxi or even get a limo to pick you up and take you down there and then back.

You can fly into Milwaukee or Chicago and take the Metra. I live in Chicago, and plan on taking the 30-minute train to North Chicago, the night / afternoon before.

Also, keep in mind that their clinical sites are in Chicago, so the commuting distance is reasonable.

When I submitted my secondary, they sent me an email saying they received the secondary app. Now, is this the same email as "the your app is complete" email or do I receive another email saying my app is now complete?

There is another email that says they have received everything and that your app is complete. It's this...

Dear Applicant;

This email is to notify you that your materials have been received, and your application is complete. The next step in the process is the screening stage. When your application enters screening, our office will send you an email confirmation. CMS notifies applicants of status changes through email and/or mail.

If you have any questions, please email the Admissions Office at [email protected].

Thank you,

CMS Admissions Office

The school is kinda out of the way, I think the metra then a cab is going to be your best bet if you do not want to rent a car.

Hi everybody,
so I got my interview invite for September and starting to prepare myself. Does anybody have any ideas as to what questions we should expect???

Hi everybody,
so I got my interview invite for September and starting to prepare myself. Does anybody have any ideas as to what questions we should expect???

Good old SDN providing all our neurotic needs :p There's some toughies, but from the variation in questions asked I would say that either there are a few crazy interviewers or some ppl are being a bit dramatic on their surveys. Have fun!

http://www.studentdoctor.net/schools/?view=allopathic

Seems like I'm a little late here, but...

Complete: 8/9
"Small" pooled: 8/31!!!

Woo hoo for crossing the first hurdle :D Let the waiting continue... :yawn:

Received an interview invite, but not sure if I will attend at this point due to other school invites and costs. Any current students who could offer up an opinion on the program quality?

Last edited:
Interview! :D:D

Congrats Steve! Me too. I AM SO EXCITED. This application cycle has already surpassed my expectations. Here's hoping it goes well! :luck:

(Timeline:
Complete: 7/25
Entered Primary Screening: 7/26
Small pooled 8/18
II 9/1)

where do you guys check the status of your application?

Excited to interview here in a month:love::love:!!! Good luck to everyone:luck::luck::xf:

Small pooled: 8/31
Interview invite: 9/1!!!! Woo hooooooo! :love:

where do you guys check the status of your application?

There's no status website, they just update you on each step of your app (complete, under review, pool, etc) by e-mail!

Interview invite today as well. Congratulations all!!

I want an interview from here so bad!! Congrats to all who is interviewing!

I wonder why some screeners take longer than others to review a file; and by longer, I mean wayyy longer lol. It's weird how ppl who completed/pooled in August receive interview invitations before ppl who completed/pooled in June and July. Not just this school, but other schools as well

does anyone have detailed information about their curriculum? i'm having trouble finding information on their website. Thanks!

complete 8/9, primary screening 8/10. Fingers crossed for an interview invite soon. Seems like an awesome school.

Still no communication from them. Complete here since August 12th. Although my new score came in on August 30th. Maybe, that is the reason?!? Can anyone chime in?

Still no communication from them. Complete here since August 12th. Although my new score came in on August 30th. Maybe, that is the reason?!? Can anyone chime in?

I would say yes..of course this is speculation, but if they were waiting on a score they would probably hold off reviewing until it came in...

wow I need more sleep. posted virtually the same message days from each other

Last edited:
So just a quick question: when you guys completed secondary for Rosalind Franklin, you had to pay in order to get the secondary right? In other words, there is no more paying once you submit the actual secondary.

It's just weird for me to have paid first to get the secondary - other schools ask for payments when I submit the secondary. I just don't want to be charged twice for $105.

So just a quick question: when you guys completed secondary for Rosalind Franklin, you had to pay in order to get the secondary right? In other words, there is no more paying once you submit the actual secondary.

It's just weird for me to have paid first to get the secondary - other schools ask for payments when I submit the secondary. I just don't want to be charged twice for $105.

Correct. You only pay the one time to get into the application.

Interesting. Kind of funny watching some of those scientists "act" though lol.

Haha, ya. You can notice a wide range of acting talents, but I guess I learned a little bit about Life in Discovery for the essay? maybe:laugh:

Whatever, it's over with now. Just submitted, and waiting for that complete email!
:luck::luck::luck: good luck, everyone I'm stoked!

Status
Not open for further replies.