2015-2016 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any other accepted students get the certiphi background check request this morning, or recently? Just wondering if it was prompted by Cooper...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
any other accepted students get the certiphi background check request this morning, or recently? Just wondering if it was prompted by Cooper...

I got it and was also accepted to cooper, but I've been accepted to other schools as well. I think it has to do with whether or not you've been accepted at this point in time or not, rather than being solely from Cooper.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the waitlist / priority waitlist movement is like here? Do many OOS'ers make in off either of these lists?

suprised by an interview here next week, is this the traditional MMI interview, need some insight

What day are you interviewing? I have one on the 22nd.

Does anyone know what the waitlist / priority waitlist movement is like here? Do many OOS'ers make in off either of these lists?

It seems like there was some movement in March or so and then in May (based on the previous forums). I'm curious, too. They kept saying "the wait list is a real thing" but who knows? IIRC, last interviews are in Feb? Wonder how many people are sitting on the wait lists but it doesn't seem like too many applicants post in the Cooper forums

suprised by an interview here next week, is this the traditional MMI interview, need some insight
As far as I know, it's not traditional. You have a regular interview with a doctor/faculty member and there is also a simulation exercise with a patient, but I'm not sure of the specifics.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone that interviewed: how did you get the contact info of your interviewers to send out thank you letters?

Reactions: 1 users
I had the same issue. I ended up just sending a thank you to the admissions committee and Dr.Kocher that gave the tour.

Do you think the thank you emails have a huge weight, am worried because I can't seem to remember one of my interviewers name
+1, wondering the same thing. i'm pretty sure they said that the interviewers fill out their evaluations right after the interview, so i would think they have a low weight, if at all

Do you think the thank you emails have a huge weight, am worried because I can't seem to remember one of my interviewers name
I emailed admissions asking for the names of my interviewers and they were happy to provide them

thanks guys. I finally called and did the same. They said we should know decisions by thursday on fridays interview. I wonder if thats still true. really keeping my fingers crossed . just scared i didnt do what they were looking for on the OSCE interviews.

thanks guys. I finally called and did the same. They said we should know decisions by thursday on fridays interview. I wonder if thats still true. really keeping my fingers crossed . just scared i didnt do what they were looking for on the OSCE interviews.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well. Absolutely loved the school

I really want an interview here, come on Cooper, show me love please please pretty please with sugar on top.

Called yesterday and she said they were meeting that evening to discuss decisions for friday's interviewees and most of us should get a decision by today. Cant seem to stop refreshing my email. Does cooper send acceptances by call only ? :nailbiting:really just need to know something at this point

Deep breaths! You can't do anything about it now but drive yourself crazy. If you don't hear today DON'T FREAK OUT. It just means they didn't get to you, since they have large interview groups and people left from last time they have to discuss.

Hope good news is coming your way!

you're right. Ill stop now haha , thanks for your kind words dear

I just got ACCEPTED. I've never cried so much in my life . Thank you COOPER.

Reactions: 9 users
Deep breaths! You can't do anything about it now but drive yourself crazy. If you don't hear today DON'T FREAK OUT. It just means they didn't get to you, since they have large interview groups and people left from last time they have to discuss.

Hope good news is coming your way!
your positivity makes me so happy btw! you're going to be a fantastic doctor. I hope Cooper gives me an interview because with people like you in my "hopeful" class is what makes medical school so worthwhile!

Reactions: 2 users
Do the adcom meetings take place every other week? So if I didn't hear anything today, I can probably expect to hear something in 2 weeks?

Yes, every 2 weeks - you might get an email tomorrow telling you as much, just that they didn't get to you and will next time. Really, don't take it as a bad sign. It's just a big group.
thanks! i'll try not to worry haha. they said that if we didn't hear they just didn't get to us, and they also said there were a few extra people interviewing that day

Accepted on Thursday! Received the email at 11:15 am! :)

Wait listed today. Pretty devastated, loved the school so much. Anyone know if they're receptive to updates or letters of intent once it's closer to wait list movement time?

Wait listed as well. Just got the e-mail.

Not rejected so I take that as a positive.

Edit: For those interested, Regular waitlist as far as I can tell, and OOS

Last edited:
They told us they are interviewing on February 5th and 19th and maybe on March 4th.

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? I interviewed on Jan 22nd, but apperantly they are going to review my file at the next meeting.