2015-2016 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mid-April! You?
Edit: my original WL email said late May though

Same here! Mid-April. it's crunch time!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know where we should send updates to? It doesn't look like the portal has a place for uploads. Thanks and good luck to everyone waiting to hear back about WL movement soon!

Does anyone know where we should send updates to? It doesn't look like the portal has a place for uploads. Thanks and good luck to everyone waiting to hear back about WL movement soon!
I think whoever you send it to, it'll make its way to the right person. I sent my first one to Dr. McGeehan but he forwarded it to Dr. Dayton, and then I just sent my next one directly to Dr. Dayton. So I'd probably just send it to Dr. Dayton if I were you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone seen/heard of any movement lately? I'm on the regular waitlist + OOS and now that it's essentially mid-April, I'm feeling more anxious about spots opening up!

Do we have a guess as to when waitlist movement should start ? Is it late April or May?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, for those accepted
1. CONGRATS!!!!!!
2. Any advice you can give to a overly stressed out, pre med.
Planing on applying here next cycle. Any advice will help!

So much of applying to med school feels like a numbers game and a comparison between other pre-meds. I truly believe CMSRU is different. When people ask about GPA and MCAT, they're asking the wrong questions about Cooper. I personally know people with a 15-point swing in MCAT scores who will be going to CMSRU next year.

They care about *why* you want to be a doctor and that you have a history of well-defined service, especially service to underserved communities. That's not three months of intensive hours in a soup kitchen -- that shows someone checking a box, not someone who serves communities because it's important to them. In many ways, Camden is a city in crisis from all fronts, poverty, health, joblessness, addiction, and more. Your secondary should reflect that you know what it means to partner with your Camden patients and reflect a history of your service to underserved communities.

TL;DR Every school says it's mission-driven. I think CMSRU is one of the few to actually prove that by who they interview.
Thanks so much man!!
yeah I saw no trend whats so ever when it came to GPA, and MCAT. I live in Newark so I can relate.

Has there been any waitlist movement yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted as of yesterday!

Got an e-mail (the second one asking me if I was still interested -- the other one came about a month ago) yesterday predicting wait list movement. A few hours later I got the call! I've withdrawn my other acceptance so I can go to CMSRU and can't wait to meet the rest. Good luck to those in waiting!

Edit: I was on the "high priority" wait list and I interviewed in September.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Got an e-mail (the second one asking me if I was still interested -- the other one came about a month ago) yesterday predicting wait list movement. A few hours later I got the call! I've withdrawn my other acceptance so I can go to CMSRU and can't wait to meet the rest. Good luck to those in waiting!

What was the email yesterday?? Did they say how much WL movement to expect? Are you IS?? Sorry for all the questions but CONGRATS!!!!!

What was the email yesterday?? Did they say how much WL movement to expect? Are you IS?? Sorry for all the questions but CONGRATS!!!!!

Thanks. It was a very personal e-mail and yes I am in-state.

The e-mail mentioned that they predicted that they will get to their waitlist today and that I was at the top of the list. They also mentioned that they know I was holding a seat at another medical school, and then they asked if I was still interested in CMSRU.

Thanks. It was a very personal e-mail and yes I am in-state.

The e-mail mentioned that they predicted that they will get to their waitlist today and that I was at the top of the list. They also mentioned that they know I was holding a seat at another medical school, and then they asked if I was still interested in CMSRU.
Thanks for answering my questions! Congrats again!! Hope I get a similar call in the next few days :)

Congrats!! Is the "high priority" the same
Thing as "priority" waitlist. I just wanted to clarify if there is a difference between priority and high priority at cooper

Accepted off of the High Priority Waitlist on 4/30/2016 early in the morning. I will be attending and am excited, my top choice school. In state student.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off of the High Priority Waitlist on 4/30/2016 early in the morning. I will be attending and am excited, my top choice school. In state student.
congrats!!! hoping they get to the regular WL...

congrats!!! hoping they get to the regular WL...
I was waitlisted at 7 schools. I am extremely relieved to get off this one. I am sure it will happen to you as well

Congrats!! Is the "high priority" the same
Thing as "priority" waitlist. I just wanted to clarify if there is a difference between priority and high priority at cooper

I am guessing there is a difference but I don't know for sure; all I can tell you is that I was told I was on "high priority" wait list.

Here's to you all on the wait list -- I just got accepted to RWJ and distance-wise it is a more favorable option so I will actually be rescinding the offer I was received here. Good luck to those in running.

I am guessing there is a difference but I don't know for sure; all I can tell you is that I was told I was on "high priority" wait list.

Here's to you all on the wait list -- I just got accepted to RWJ and distance-wise it is a more favorable option so I will actually be rescinding the offer I was received here. Good luck to those in running.
Wow congrats on both of your acceptances!! That's amazing! And thank you for withdrawing :)

just got the call!!!!! i'm in off the waitlist!!

Reactions: 9 users
I'm so happy one of us got accepted off the regular WL! I really hope there's just as much movement for OOS regular WL. Has anyone heard anything or been accepted off of the OOS priority WL?

A'HOY OUT THERE! So so happy for @cmo217 I've been rooting for you as you know for quite sometime.

Is anyone on here on the priority out of state waitlist?? At all? I'd love to know how many of us are still left on there and what our chances maybe!

:help::help:

A'HOY OUT THERE! So so happy for @cmo217 I've been rooting for you as you know for quite sometime.

Is anyone on here on the priority out of state waitlist?? At all? I'd love to know how many of us are still left on there and what our chances maybe!

:help::help:
thanks melo! i wouldn't have been able to get through this process without you! (also shoutout to @takeonme for getting me through this process as well :) ) i hope you guys hear some good news soon (and I'm confident you will!)

is there anyone looking for roommates. found a large home in marlton, has 7 bedrooms, if only 5 of us move in it will be $480.00 each and wil have 2 extra rooms for guests or for a study room

Any OOS regular WL people hear anything? :luck:

Don't you worry 'take. I know movement will continue.

Does anyone have any recommendations for laptop models that work best for students here?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

After that "are you still interested" email, does the school respond back with confirmation emails when you send updates/any other letters? I am just wondering if I am the only one not getting any emails back.. not even sure if my emails are being read..

After that "are you still interested" email, does the school respond back with confirmation emails when you send updates/any other letters? I am just wondering if I am the only one not getting any emails back.. not even sure if my emails are being read..
When I sent updates I got responses but I emailed them directly to dr. Dayton or dr. Mcgeehan, not the admissions email

Hey guys, I got the call last week. After so many years of trying, I'm here to tell you to never give up. Believe in yourself and keep trying. It is well worth it! I know how long and arduous this process can be, but the reward is always great. Stay positive and never give up!:=|:-)::=|:-):

Reactions: 4 users