2015-2016 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm so freaking out.

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone elaborate on the OSCE experience and how you prepared?

Is it one standardized patient or are there multiple patients?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone elaborate on the OSCE experience and how you prepared?

Is it one standardized patient or are there multiple patients?

No prior medical knowlege is required. Prepare by being yourself. You get to pretend to be the very thing you've been dreaming about. It's fun! Enjoy and good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Is there anyone who has been on the waitlist at CMSRU? What are acceptable ways of letting them know that you are very much invested in their school?

Is there anyone who has been on the waitlist at CMSRU? What are acceptable ways of letting them know that you are very much invested in their school?
I'm on the wait list, I emailed Dr. McGeehan and he said updates and letters of interest/intent are acceptable and appreciated!

Hello all, AMCAS complete Sept 9, Secondary Application complete 10/7, Interviewed 2/5, Accepted by email a couple of minutes ago. OOS. PM me for more info if you would like.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I was called at 11:12am by Dr. McGeehan who congratulated me on my acceptance. Interviewed 2/5. GPA 3.52 MCAT 30
So excited! Cooper has a unique personality that fits mine perfectly :soexcited::banana::clap:

Last edited:
Literally in tears. Got put on the wait list. Was praying for an acceptance. Philadelphia resident. Loved Cooper and it's mission. 3.7 GPA. 512 MCAT.

Literally in tears. Got put on the wait list. Was praying for an acceptance. Philadelphia resident. Loved Cooper and it's mission. 3.7 GPA. 512 MCAT.

I'm sure you will be getting my spot, I will be declining this acceptance :)

I'm sure you will be getting my spot, I will be declining this acceptance :)
haha i'll take your spot too! (on the wait list as well). in all seriousness though, thank you for doing that so someone else can get the acceptance!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
haha i'll take your spot too! (on the wait list as well). in all seriousness though, thank you for doing that so someone else can get the acceptance!! :)

i'd like a spot too! may is a long time from now :(

Rejected post interview this morning. Pretty disappointed since it was my number one. But congrats to everyone else who got accepted or yet to interview!

Last edited:
just wondering... to those who posted above, did anyone get priority waitlisted? or just regular waitlisted? and what are the chances of making it off of either list? any help would be awesome

Is there a priority waitlist?
It seems like at least from last years thread that they at some point, reevaluate wait listed candidates b/c there were people last year moved from the regular WL to priority WL

does anyone know if Cooper is still giving out II because I would really like one

does anyone know if Cooper is still giving out II because I would really like one
i would assume they are if they haven't sent out all rejections yet, i'm not sure though

any news lately? I know it's only been a couple of days but desperately waiting for an II from here.

any news lately? I know it's only been a couple of days but desperately waiting for an II from here.

quoting my own message. I just got rejected from here pre - II. The amount of sadness I feel right now is huge. I thought they would be one school that connected with my application. man oh man.

quoting my own message. I just got rejected from here pre - II. The amount of sadness I feel right now is huge. I thought they would be one school that connected with my application. man oh man.

Chocolate, I've been following you in multiple forums. I am so sorry for how you are feeling but I can also tell that you're someone who will be persistent and preservere. Hang in there, I know you'll thrive one way or the other!

Reactions: 2 users

Chocolate, I've been following you in multiple forums. I am so sorry for how you are feeling but I can also tell that you're someone who will be persistent and preservere. Hang in there, I know you'll thrive one way or the other!

Like takeonme said, keep your head up. I have also chatted with you in quite a few threads. It's ok! Just keep going strong and the school that you are meant to be will fall in place. Things come together. I have been pursuing this for many years. And I understand the stress, frustration and disappointment but you just have to trust that whatever's meant to be will be.

Like takeonme said, keep your head up. I have also chatted with you in quite a few threads. It's ok! Just keep going strong and the school that you are meant to be will fall in place. Things come together. I have been pursuing this for many years. And I understand the stress, frustration and disappointment but you just have to trust that whatever's meant to be will be.

@takeonme @themelofellow you guys are the best and your support means the world to me. For the majority of today, I have felt pretty down. But, I am going to stop and look forward. Like you both said, I hope the right school interviews me(and accepts me) this cycle and allows me to show them how passionate and dedicated I am in becoming a doctor. thanks guys!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if interviews are still being handed out for March ? Or has the interview season closed for February?

Does anyone know if interviews are still being handed out for March ? Or has the interview season closed for February?
I think at my interview day they said they were probably going to cancel March interview days so I think they might be done cause it seems like there haven't been any invites in awhile

I think at my interview day they said they were probably going to cancel March interview days so I think they might be done cause it seems like there haven't been any invites in awhile

Thanks for the quick response cmo. This is quite the marathon. It's been a long time. :smack:

Hey guys!
I'm applying this upcoming June for the 2017-2018 year and was wondering what some of your stats were for those of you who were accepted. Did any of you apply early decision? If so do you think that helped you? Thanks in advance for all of your help. Best of luck in hearing back to everyone!

Accepted today!!!!! I got an e-mail around7:45am (California time) and a call around 8:30. I am SOOOOOO happy about this acceptance. I fell in love with the school and cannot wait to meet my fellow classmates.

This school really looks for fit above anything else, which is refreshing (especially with my not very impressive numbers :p). LizzyM 65. OOS. Interviewed 2/19. Very non-trad. Public health background. TONS of volunteering with the urban underserved (medical and non-medical). Decent amount of research with 1 publication and 4 abstracts.

Reactions: 3 users
During the tour, Dr. McGeehan mentioned a hospital around the area that lowered health disparities by building it on the first floor of an existing apartment or building. Do you guys remember the details or which hospital he was referring to?

Has anyone been moved from the regular waitlist to 'priority waitlist'?

Keep hope alive guys!

Has any waitlist movement begun? How many people are on priority waitlist vs. regular waitlist?

Keep hope alive guys!

Has any waitlist movement begun? How many people are on priority waitlist vs. regular waitlist?

The Msar said "varies" for waitlist total but 19 were accepted from the waitlist last year. Trying to keep the hope alive! May is coming up fast and I was hoping they'd be moving people from reg wl to priority wl like prev years!

Anyone get an email asking if they're still interested in being on the WL?

Got the same email. Was going to send them an update with my winter quarter grades tomorrow anyways.