2015-2016 Quinnipiac University (Netter) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes. It's not a highly selective screen (like some of the other schools where over half of the applicants get rejected before receiving a secondary), but there is a screen. For the exact numbers, scroll back through previous pages of this thread.
Thank you, nwts!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an email inviting me to interview! So excited!

Reactions: 8 users
Invited to interview!

Reactions: 4 users
FIRST INTERVIEW INVITE!!!!! :D :D :D

EDIT: for those curious, I had everything submitted 7/06. Not sure when I was "complete."

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone who received interviews!!!! :O How exciting! Hoping to hear back soon as well but I submitted mine on July 12 hehe *fingers crossed*

Congratulations to everyone who received interviews!!!! :O How exciting! Hoping to hear back soon as well but I submitted mine on July 12 hehe *fingers crossed*
Same! I submitted July 14th. I suspect we will need some patience before they get to us :(

Finally got my last LOR at 10PM last night, now in AMCAS this morning, ready to push the button today or tomorrow and officially toss my hat into the ring. Good luck to all.

Reactions: 1 users
Looks like they updated the site so you can submit even if your letters aren't in yet

Interview invite! I was complete 07/15. Stats: 3.5 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 3.8 SMP GPA, 30 MCAT. I picked the August 14th interview date. Anyone else going to be there on that day?

Interview invite! I was complete 07/15. Stats: 3.5 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 3.8 SMP GPA, 30 MCAT. I picked the August 14th interview date. Anyone else going to be there on that day?
Congrats!! Did they get in touch via email or did your status change online?

Interview Invite! First MD interview invite, this is awesome.

Reactions: 3 users

Congrats! :O Looks like you submitted later than me so I guess @AgentQuestion we might not have to wait that long?

Does anyone know if they send rejection emails as people are declined or if it's just one mass rejection email at the end / status change?

God the anticipation is killing me. You guys must feel like a million bucks. Congrats!!!

Not until I get that accepted letter.

God the anticipation is killing me. You guys must feel like a million bucks. Congrats!!!
Honestly, I'm shocked to have 2 interviews this early. My application is decent, but not outstanding. I'm just so surprised to have heard back so quickly. I'm hoping all of you receive similar good news in the near future.

Honestly, I'm shocked to have 2 interviews this early. My application is decent, but not outstanding. I'm just so surprised to have heard back so quickly. I'm hoping all of you receive similar good news in the near future.

Woww :oops: 2 invites! that's great! congratulations ^_^ May I ask where else you will be interviewing?

Hi Everyone,

I'm an M2 at Quinnipiac and since it doesn't seem like any of my classmates have been posting responses, I thought I'd chime in. It seems like many of you are wary of our school's "focus" on primary care. It's not entirely just marketing, as we do have the MeSH (Medical Students at Home) program where for the 1st 2 years, once a week, we spend 4 hours working with primary care physicians (family med, internal med, peds, geriatrics). It's part shadowing and part practicing the clinical skills we learn throughout the year such as taking histories, physical exams, giving vaccinations, etc. I find it to be a bit of a double-edged sword. It gives us primary care exposure which some students have found they enjoy (myself included), while solidifying for other students that they will never pursue a career in primary care.

HOWEVER, other than that, there really isn't all that much of a focus on primary care. Nearly 1/3 of the class is in the surgery interest group and I came to the school most interested in sports medicine/orthopaedics. Students and faculty have joked about how we are all a bunch of liars who put down how we would love to go into primary care on our applications. The faculty are well aware that while the school would like many of us to pursue careers in primary care, the school's reputation will also be based on how well students score on Step I and how well match into specialties. So if any of you are worried about not applying here because of our school's emphasis on primary care (I was one of you), DON'T WORRY. You are free to pursue any career you want and won't be pushed into anything. Those of you that are applying to our school because you are interested in primary care will find that MeSH provides great exposure to the field, patients, and physicians.

Now in regards to the essay about what field you envision yourself pursuing, I personally put sports medicine and how I was interested in it because of my own experience as an athlete and how I most identify with athletes as patients. I was not asked about this question directly, however, my interviewers knew my application well and even finished my sentences sometimes based on the responses I wrote. The general consensus and atmosphere of the school is that WHY you are interested in a particularly field is what is important and not so much what field it is. Also, the interviews are more relaxed than most schools' (based on experience from other students) and they want to know about you and your passions. The school doesn't want cookie cutter and BS responses.

Anyways, if anyone has any questions about the school, feel free to post them as I'll be watching this thread until school starts Aug. 10! And maybe even past then if I have time. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 10 users
IS or OOS for interview recipients?

What's the best/cheapest/most convenient way to get to Quinnipiac? Should I fly into Bradley or JFK? Once I'm at the airport, is it best to rent a car, take a taxi, shuttle?

Where do you see the 28th as an option?

They only show the next 3 dates as available. The 28th wasn't even an option for me. I only had the 14th, 17th, and 21st.

When I first logged on, the only options were August 14th, 17th, and 21st. I logged on again, and I now see later dates.

When I first logged on, the only options were August 14th, 17th, and 21st. I logged on again, and I now see later dates.

Do you only see 3 possible dates at a time though? It could be that the earlier dates are already full, and they're displaying the next 3 possible dates.

Do you only see 3 possible dates at a time though? It could be that the earlier dates are already full, and they're displaying the next 3 possible dates.

Yes, you only see 3 possible dates at a time. I suspect the earlier dates must already be full.

What's the best/cheapest/most convenient way to get to Quinnipiac? Should I fly into Bradley or JFK? Once I'm at the airport, is it best to rent a car, take a taxi, shuttle?

Getting to QU from Bradley will probably be your best bet. You won't have to worry about travelling in and out of the city to get to and from the airport. The only downside with Bradley (which isn't a big deal to me, but may be to some) is that it can be difficult to get a direct flight from some cities to Bradley (when I come home to CT every Christmas, I have never been able to find a direct flight from Cleveland). The airport is about a 50 min from QU and I would suggest renting a car. It's probably going to end up being the cheapest and easiest in the end.

II scheduled for Aug 24!! Lizzy M 69 with publications and two years experience as a research technician. Best of luck everyone!

@MedSprinter Does it ever stress you out or worry you to be part of a new school, given that there's no info on where the students will match or things like that? Personally, I don't know if I really care about where students are matching, but I don't know if I should start caring? Is this something that's more important than say, the set up of the curriculum or the clinical opportunities available? I really love Netter's curriculum and think that it matches well with how I view medical education, but I don't know if I should also be concerned about them not having a match list just yet.

II! OOS. Surprised to get an interview before even retaking the MCAT. My gpa is great though.

II! Going to be headed there August 17th via NYC. Anyone else trying to figure out how to get to the campus from the MetroNorth State St station?