2015-2016 Wright State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They told us at our interview that we'd likely hear something at midnight, Oct 15th. Still no news here!

Members don't see this ad.

You interviewed the week of 9/14 correct? I was the week of 9/21. We were told the same thing as well. Nothing yet.

They said that waitlist and rejections come by mail, so if I don'the hear today I guess I got one of those :/ But I wish us all luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
someone who interviewed as well stated that they were told that 7:00 PM tonight is when the acceptances were going to be sent via email?

If this is the case then I am very excited!

someone who interviewed as well stated that they were told that 7:00 PM tonight is when the acceptances were going to be sent via email?

If this is the case then I am very excited!
Acceptances should come via email and when I was accepted it was around 8pm

Reactions: 2 users
Acceptances should come via email and when I was accepted it was around 8pm

Don't know who told you 7 pm tonight that acceptances via email were going out. Since October 15th is the first day we can send acceptances, those were sent out at 12 am this morning! Acceptance packets were mailed this morning. Rated and rejection letters went out in the mail yesterday so hopefully they will be received today.

From now on, acceptance emails will be sent as soon as I can, could be the same day as the committee meeting or a day or two later. I know this is an anxious time for applicants. If you have any questions please let us know.

Debbie
WSU BSOM Office of Admissions
[email protected]

Reactions: 5 users
Don't know who told you 7 pm tonight that acceptances via email were going out. Since October 15th is the first day we can send acceptances, those were sent out at 12 am this morning! Acceptance packets were mailed this morning. Rated and rejection letters went out in the mail yesterday so hopefully they will be received today.

From now on, acceptance emails will be sent as soon as I can, could be the same day as the committee meeting or a day or two later. I know this is an anxious time for applicants. If you have any questions please let us know.

Debbie
[email protected]
My apologies, I didn't say that they were for certain going out at a certain time I just said that's when I got mine in my case, also everyone I know here got their acceptance via email. Sorry for not clarifying that

Reactions: 1 user
@macdeb59 I just want to say it is awesome that you are active on this site/thread. I can't wait to apply here next year!

Reactions: 3 users

Debbie
[email protected]

So does this mean that acceptances were sent out by email or just mail?

I am pretty sure acceptance emails were sent out.

If it is still like last year (and I'm getting that impression from Debbie's post), you will get an acceptance email, then a follow-up acceptance package (with paperwork to turn in) via snail mail a few days later.

Both, acceptance emails went out at midnight October 15th. The packets to those that were accepted went out in the mail later that day. Rated and rejection letters were mailed on the 14th.

I interviewed on 9/22 and am hoping that my application was not reviewed yet! Channeling my inner @Deranged Medic !

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Submitted 07/19. Interviewing 10/20.

Reactions: 3 users
II today here! Submitted in July, IS.

I was complete in mid september and I was starting to wonder but since people from july/august are just now getting II, I guess I'm gonna be waiting a little haha

Really like this school!

I got an interview invite from wright state! I really love this school! I heard so much good things about it from my friends that attend this medical school.

But i already got an acceptance at my home state school (cheaper tuition). So i am going to have to let that invite go... So i hope it goes to one of you!! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if you can be pulled off the "stand-by" list before the actual wait list in March/April is formed.
I interviewed in September and received a letter on the 16th of October stating that I was not accepted but am on "stand-by".

Will I have to wait until April to hear where on the wait list I am (top, middle or bottom third), or is it possible to be offered a seat before that time?

Does anyone know if you can be pulled off the "stand-by" list before the actual wait list in March/April is formed.
I interviewed in September and received a letter on the 16th of October stating that I was not accepted but am on "stand-by".

Will I have to wait until April to hear where on the wait list I am (top, middle or bottom third), or is it possible to be offered a seat before that time?

I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure you have to wait until the waitlist is formed.

Interviewed in Sep. and still haven't received an email or anything via mail (they delivered on 10/17/15 as well). Getting some hope back here that I may not have been looked at!

Interviewed in Sep. and still haven't received an email or anything via mail (they delivered on 10/17/15 as well). Getting some hope back here that I may not have been looked at!
I hope you get lucky and they didn't review you yet, but I interviewed late September and just got the waitlist letter in the mail yesterday. Good luck!!

I got the waitlist letter two days ago... I was really impressed with this place and hope I still have a chance!

Wow it seems like a lot of people got waitlisted.... Makes me kinda anxious to hear from them. I really liked the school! :confused:

Early October interview here. You guys are lucky to have decisions already!

Really hoping for good news from here, loved this school more than all others

Still waiting for news, love this place as well. Definitely my top choice!

Reactions: 1 users

Debbie
[email protected]

Hi Debbie,
I have heard BSOM does not accept "update" mid-application process as some other schools do... is this correct or will BSOM accept a personal update to add to the application file (ie: free clinic volunteering, shadow opportunities completed?)
Many thanks!

Hi Debbie,
I have heard BSOM does not accept "update" mid-application process as some other schools do... is this correct or will BSOM accept a personal update to add to the application file (ie: free clinic volunteering, shadow opportunities completed?)
Many thanks!
We do not accept updates to applications. If you are invited for an interview you may bring any additional information at that time.

Debbie

@macdeb59

Hello Debbie! I had sent my AMCAS application early July 2015, but I have not received any emails from Wright as of today. Could you tell me if applications are still being processed?

@macdeb59

Hello Debbie! I had sent my AMCAS application early July 2015, but I have not received any emails from Wright as of today. Could you tell me if applications are still being processed?
Please call or email me with your name and AMCAS number so I can help you.

Debbie

Anyone interviewed early October get the impression that we might hear something (good) by the end of the week?

Please call or email me with your name and AMCAS number so I can help you.

Debbie

Hey, thank you for your response earlier. Would it be possible for you to share when the next committee meeting is/when the next round of decisions will be given?

Hey, thank you for your response earlier. Would it be possible for you to share when the next committee meeting is/when the next round of decisions will be given?
The committee meets on a regular basis every two weeks. I won't give you specific dates......because sometimes it may take me an extra day or two to get results out....and I know from experience you will all be waiting anxiously expecting immediate results....and I don't blame you. So to keep all our sanity just expect to hear about 4 weeks from your interview at this point and know that I will get results to you as soon as humanly possible! :)

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted just now! Feels great!!

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!!!! I loved it here! I'm going to be a doctor!!! :love::clap::biglove::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!!! Interviewed 9/30. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Ladies and Gentleman, I have been accepted!!

Huge thanks to @macdeb59 and the whole admissions committee! they truly are a wonderful group of people.

Reactions: 8 users
Anyone know how many more interviews are remaining? (specifically for OOS)

Would really love to get to see this school up close, it sounds great

Anyone know how many more interviews are remaining? (specifically for OOS)

Would really love to get to see this school up close, it sounds great

Me too. I have a specific reason for wanting to apply, so I was bummed that Boonshoft didn't have anywhere in the secondary to discuss that. I'll just have to hope on some more OOS interviews soon!

Interviewing here tomorrow! Super excited to have a 15 min drive since its so close to home :) Hope to see some of you there:)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! Joining the thread and crossing my fingers for an II (OOS) :) I have been complete since the end of July, is there anyway we can find out what our current status is?