2016-2017 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder if anymore calls going out today

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Seems pretty likely that we'll be classmates, looking at what schools you've gotten II's at in your post history. Brass quintet and chill?
Definitely! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anybody who is admitted today a current WashU student? (PM me if you don't want to publicly say)

Reactions: 1 user
Ah I can't concentrate on finals studying I'm just staring at my phone

Reactions: 2 users
Got accepted today at ~10AM. Very exciting :)

Same. At interview day they said don't worry if you don't hear back earlier, vast majority get acceptances in the spring, but there sure are a lot of people here getting accepted. I think this just means we're out of the running for merit scholarships at this point.
I think I remember them saying that the majority of class comes from the waitlist too

I remember this comment being more specific to pittsburgh, but I do think WashU said most of us wouldn't hear till like February.
this makes me appreciate non-rolling schools so much i hate this uncertainty

I remember this comment being more specific to pittsburgh, but I do think WashU said most of us wouldn't hear till like February.

At my interview, every student I talked to said they got off the waitlist, except one who got accepted in December and one who got accepted during the first massive roll-out of acceptances. The December acceptee did not get a merit scholarship though. I think it's less calculated and predictable as we think. Also, lets not forget, an acceptance is an acceptance..no matter when it comes or whatever type of decision happens first!

Members don't see this ad :)
At my interview, every student I talked to said they got off the waitlist, except one who got accepted in December and one who got accepted during the first massive roll-out of acceptances. The December acceptee did not get a merit scholarship though. I think it's less calculated and predictable as we think. Also, lets not forget, an acceptance is an acceptance..no matter when it comes or whatever type of decision happens first!

Let's hope so! That does make me wonder what their method is for determining who gets accepted before the new year vs those who get accepted with the spring waves

Accepted yesterday! Didn't have my phone - saw the missed call and received the acceptance in voicemail!

Happy holidays!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted just now. WashU undergrad, interviewed late September.

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone got accepted from November interview?

Congratulations to all accepted! Just out of curiosity, did any of you send post II updates? And in general are post-II updates sent to Dean Ratts or the WUMS admissions email? Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
When does WashU usually send out financial aid info for accepted students?

Has anyone that got accepted Friday received their paperwork to accept a position via snail mail yet? Or anyone accepted last month remember when it got sent to them? I'm paranoid I'm going to miss the chance to take care of it before I leave town for a week

Has anyone that got accepted Friday received their paperwork to accept a position via snail mail yet? Or anyone accepted last month remember when it got sent to them? I'm paranoid I'm going to miss the chance to take care of it before I leave town for a week

+1

I take it they aren't one of the schools with a 2 week window to accept your position then

@efle @billbillbillbill

I find sometimes it takes a while for snail mail to get to you from them. Just give admissions a call and they'll make arrangements for you to send a confirmation by email (in order to meet the deadline) and then you can send in the physical document via snail mail whenever you receive it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So apparently they're still interviewing! Anyone else interviewing in January? Or will I be at this pizza party all alone :bag:

I was in admissions and heard someone calling an applicant to schedule interview. Still happening for sure

Last edited:
So apparently they're still interviewing! Anyone else interviewing in January? Or will I be at this pizza party all alone :bag:

Unless Dean Ratts has changed anything recently, we interview pretty late into the season. I think through February (and maybe early March?), if I remember correctly.

Has anyone received any type of confirmation about admission yet? I got a phone call from my interviewer last Thursday, and I'm hoping to confirm

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone received any type of confirmation about admission yet? I got a phone call from my interviewer last Thursday, and I'm hoping to confirm that I wasn't hearing things about my admission before I have to give my annual update on my life to my relatives during the holidays haha.
Paperwork apparently takes 1-2 weeks to arrive, I'm in the same boat and I live a mile from campus. You def didn't hallucinate the call though lol

Does Washington U reject people pre-interview? Have not heard anything since submitted secondary.

I was looking at the financial aid page for WashU, and it mentioned a full tuition scholarship for women called the Olin Fellowships for Women. On that page, it states that "all women accepted before Jan. 25th will be considered," however, when you click on the link to the fellowship page, it seems very clear that there is an additional application process. Does anyone know more specifics about this program? Do medical students need to complete the additional application, or is it really automatic consideration if we were accepted before Jan. 25? Thanks!

I was looking at the financial aid page for WashU, and it mentioned a full tuition scholarship for women called the Olin Fellowships for Women. On that page, it states that "all women accepted before Jan. 25th will be considered," however, when you click on the link to the fellowship page, it seems very clear that there is an additional application process. Does anyone know more specifics about this program? Do medical students need to complete the additional application, or is it really automatic consideration if we were accepted before Jan. 25? Thanks!
IIRC from the financial aid slides, that scholly was among the list of automatic considerations for early admits (along with like ten others with various criteria)