2017-2018 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted the secondary I got a week ago. Call me a sucker.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 11/17 and still haven't heard anything

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 12/1, accepted the following thursday. Very happy as this is my first MD acceptance. Anyone have any idea of when the deposit is due and how much it is? I have only received a call from the Dean and emails from their financial aid department.

Reactions: 1 user
Hm, so they have gotten back to people who interviewed on 12/1 but many of the 11/17 interviewees have not heard anything... (Including waitlist, rejection emails, etc.). Do they normally send rejection and waitlist emails much later (aka does the 4-week silence mean something other than acceptance)?

Hm, so they have gotten back to people who interviewed on 12/1 but many of the 11/17 interviewees have not heard anything... (Including waitlist, rejection emails, etc.). Do they normally send rejection and waitlist emails much later (aka does the 4-week silence mean something other than acceptance)?
The silence is most likely due to your reviewers not being able to make it to the meeting(s).

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 12/1, accepted the following thursday. Very happy as this is my first MD acceptance. Anyone have any idea of when the deposit is due and how much it is? I have only received a call from the Dean and emails from their financial aid department.
It should be on your portal. I think it is still $100.

Is the chance of being accepted off of the waitlist high? And where should we send letters of intent to?

Is the chance of being accepted off of the waitlist high? And where should we send letters of intent to?
The word is that last year very few people came off the waitlist. As Cooper grows, it is becoming more and more desirable and competitive. However, I am sure that the number of people accepted off the WL each year will fluctuate.

You can just send updates to the general email as I would not feel comfortable offering someone's personal email without their permission. You can, however, inquire within the general email about whether or not they would like the updates sent to a particular person.

Is there any waitlist movement typically before May? Or does it only happen after May?

Is there a priority and regular waitlist this year? My email just said I was placed on the waitlist for acceptance so I don't know if they are doing priority and regular waitlist this year.

Is there a priority and regular waitlist this year? My email just said I was placed on the waitlist for acceptance so I don't know if they are doing priority and regular waitlist this year.
No priority/regular waitlist this year. Just one waitlist. (Someone called to ask and commented this earlier)

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist as well, hopefully we get some good news this spring

Does anyone who interviewed recently know when to expect "continued discussion" results? I know they started to explain their admissions process the dates after my interview so I don't know the whole process. I'm on my 12th week of waiting... Cooper used to be high on my list but this waiting feels like I didn't get a secondary. At my interview, they said all results should come within 3 weeks.

Submitted the secondary I got two weeks ago, 2 hours before it was due.. hoo boy

Does anyone know if Cooper is still sending out secondaries after 12/15?

Long-time lurker, first time commenter...

Are well-written letters of intent a good way to move from “continued discussion” to acceptance? This is my top choice, 1st of only 2 interviews, and I didn’t kill it the interview (11/17) as much as I would’ve hoped...

Got “continued discussion” email on 12/14. That wait was akin to torture.

If so, where would I upload/send a letter of intent? Just the plain admissions email?

Before someone asks—LM70, in-state, ORM, with aight ECs and 2 years scribing. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
I just received my Fall term grades and was wondering if Cooper is at all receptive to a Pre-II update for grades

Did anyone who interviewed on December 15 receive an update on their status?

Got a call from Dean Kocher this past Thurs that I got accepted with a unanimous decision :) @BadSanta is totally right, it's possible hearing back late just means your reviewer couldn't make the adcom meeting. I interviewed 12/1 so mine didn't make it for a couple weeks. Best of luck to the rest of you and Happy Holidays <3

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats @mnakita01 !!! I also heard that My acceptance was “unanimous”. However, I am skeptical they tell every candidate that so that you view the school more positively therefore increasing your chances of matriculating. Was anyone else accepted who WASN’T told their decision was unanimous? Anyone else who was? No big deal but just wondering :)

Long time lurker, OS applicant from AZ

For those OS applicants who were invited to interview what did you do for hotel accommodations and getting to and from the airport as well as from the hotel to the school?

Did you just use the schools recommended hotels and take a cab/Uber or were you able to find one that provided shuttle services?

Congrats @mnakita01 !!! I also heard that My acceptance was “unanimous”. However, I am skeptical they tell every candidate that so that you view the school more positively therefore increasing your chances of matriculating. Was anyone else accepted who WASN’T told their decision was unanimous? Anyone else who was? No big deal but just wondering :)
You need two nods to get an outright acceptance, which is unanimous. There is no need to attempt to “woo” you. There are more than enough people to place in the class, over 5k applicants for 104 seats. Last year, there was very little waitlist movement. Congrats to all those accepted .

Got a call from Dean Kocher this past Thurs that I got accepted with a unanimous decision :) @BadSanta is totally right, it's possible hearing back late just means your reviewer couldn't make the adcom meeting. I interviewed 12/1 so mine didn't make it for a couple weeks. Best of luck to the rest of you and Happy Holidays <3
Awesome!!! Congratulations! Feel free to pm me with any questions.

You need two nods to get an outright acceptance, which is unanimous. There is no need to attempt to “woo” you. There are more than enough people to place in the class, over 5k applicants for 104 seats. Last year, there was very little waitlist movement. Congrats to all those accepted .

So you mentioned that one yes and one no was a waitlist. and obviously, two nods is an acceptance. Where does "continued discussion" come in? Admissions are rolling and getting deferred to next year with less spots available doesn't seem fair... I interviewed 9/22 btw.

So you mentioned that one yes and one no was a waitlist. and obviously, two nods is an acceptance. Where does "continued discussion" come in? Admissions are rolling and getting deferred to next year with less spots available doesn't seem fair... I interviewed 9/22 btw.
Also, who give the yes or no? Interviewers? Haven’t heard of a decision like this based off only 2 votes.

Nothing about the application process is fair...but that is life. I am simply stating what was told to me back when I interviewed. I am not an adcom. What I was told may be a “simplified” version of the process, as the committee obviously includes more than two people. If I had to guess, the two people who interviewed you are your “advocates”, who can help to sway your decision. If both say no, obviously that is not a good sign. If both say yes, it definitely helps.

Here are some things I learned up to now, starting back from when I applied:
1. “Fairness” only exists in fairy tales.
2. You are replaceable. There are a ton of applicants just like you awaiting a spot.
3. Be thankful to have the privilege to apply, and be especially thankful to be under consideration or accepted. This is a great school in a terrific area. What’s more, is that this is the best job in the world. I wake up every day with a smile on my face. Right now I’m on break and I cannot wait until I’m back in it.

Sit tight and remember that patience is critically important. I try to help as much as I can and I think I provide some insightful information...but I am only a student and I cannot read the stars.

Best of luck to everyone and happy holidays.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Nothing about the application process is fair...but that is life. I am simply stating what was told to me back when I interviewed. I am not an adcom. What I was told may be a “simplified” version of the process, as the committee obviously includes more than two people. If I had to guess, the two people who interviewed you are your “advocates”, who can help to sway your decision. If both say no, obviously that is not a good sign. If both say yes, it definitely helps.

Here are some things I learned up to now, starting back from when I applied:
1. “Fairness” only exists in fairy tales.
2. You are replaceable. There are a ton of applicants just like you awaiting a spot.
3. Be thankful to have the privilege to apply, and be especially thankful to be under consideration or accepted. This is a great school in a terrific area. What’s more, is that this is the best job in the world. I wake up every day with a smile on my face. Right now I’m on break and I cannot wait until I’m back in it.

Sit tight and remember that patience is critically important. I try to help as much as I can and I think I provide some insightful information...but I am only a student and I cannot read the stars.

Best of luck to everyone and happy holidays.

Thanks for that. I'm just frustrated because they changed their decision process in the middle of the app season when they promised a decision within 3 weeks at my interview. Cooper is one of my top so that's why I'm taking it a bit more personal haha. Especially since the office of admissions said I scored just below a 90% "yes" on the interview.

Thanks for that. I'm just frustrated because they changed their decision process in the middle of the app season when they promised a decision within 3 weeks at my interview. Cooper is one of my top so that's why I'm taking it a bit more personal haha. Especially since the office of admissions said I scored just below a 90% "yes" on the interview.
No problem and if you happen to have any more questions, feel free to PM me. I have my fingers crossed for you!

....you make a valid point! Haha. At this point I may as well try.

hey! was just curious if you heard anything back after you sent an update? also did you just send to the general admissions email?

To those who have been accepted/current students. I paid my $100 via the portal, is there anything else that needs to be done soon to maintain my spot (transcripts/forms) or is this it for now?

To those who have been accepted/current students. I paid my $100 via the portal, is there anything else that needs to be done soon to maintain my spot (transcripts/forms) or is this it for now?
You’re good for now. Sit back and relax...your ability to do so regularly will soon be gone.

I also filed my FASFA and will file my Institutional Scholarship Form in the next few days. However, these documents aren't due until March I believe (check the email). To my understanding, all of the forms/transcripts/immunizations/background checks, etc will come later.

Question for those doing/done the institutional scholarship forms, did you stay within the 250 word parameters? How much is this rule enforced? I don't want them to see it's 254 words, and go, "welp, time for the shredder."

Thanks!

Waitlisted today and I’m so so heartbroken by this :( interviewed mid December.

Rejected post II, OOS, best I could've expected after a long week before the interview with finals

Hi everyone,

Here are some updates:
1. The amazing Dr. Reboli was just named our dean.
2. CMSRU was granted $50 million for research over the next ten years to grow as a research institution.
3. The beautiful collabrative sciences center will be completed in the Spring of 2019 (some of you may have noticed the construction diagonal to the Broadway station while you were here for interviews). This building will permit access to cmsru, rowan osteo, and rutgers (nursing?) students.

Happy New Year to all!

Reactions: 8 users
Hey guys! I was just wondering Is anyone knows how many wait list spots there will be this application cycle?

Just cancelled my interview, good luck to everyone still waiting for an II, hope it goes to one of y’all!!

Does anyone have an idea when the facebook group will be created?
My lease is expired in May so I'm looking for an apartment and maybe a roommate so I can move everything in around mid-may or so, since I'm gonna be away and not back until the end of June. I checked place4student but not much is posted yet.
@BadSanta Have you ever participate in the pre-matriculation program? and if yes, what is your thoughts about it?

Does anyone have an idea when the facebook group will be created?
My lease is expired in May so I'm looking for an apartment and maybe a roommate so I can move everything in around mid-may or so, since I'm gonna be away and not back until the end of June. I checked place4student but not much is posted yet.
@BadSanta Have you ever participate in the pre-matriculation program? and if yes, what is your thoughts about it?

I hope we hear soon! I would like to start making living arrangements asap since the pre matriculation program (which I intend on doing) starts as early as July. Do you intend on living in Camden or Philadelphia?

I am also hoping we receive an update about when Second Look is and what it entails soon. This way I can begin buying flight tickets for my family and me early on. There is also a lengthy to-do list in order to begin at CMSRU (providing immunization records, getting vaccines, lab coat sizes, locker bookings, etc.). Other schools have already released all this information to accepted students, so I'm really hoping CMSRU sends us all of this soon!