2017-2018 Geisel School of Medicine (Dartmouth)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AHhh! II just now!!!! Complete Mid-August, LM 72

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any tips on interviewing at Geisel? I know it's 2 30-min interviews, but is one open-file / one closed; or both open-file?

Anyone have any tips on interviewing at Geisel? I know it's 2 30-min interviews, but is one open-file / one closed; or both open-file?

One is open file and one is closed file and I think it's random, but they will tell you which one it is beforehand (or at least my guys did, do you can ask if they don't say anything)

Reactions: 1 user
One is open file and one is closed file and I think it's random, but they will tell you which one it is beforehand (or at least my guys did, do you can ask if they don't say anything)
One of the other interviewees on my interview day had both closed file.

As far as tips go, just be relaxed and be genuine. I really felt Geisel was a warm community during my interview day.

One of the other interviewees on my interview day had both closed file.

That's weird. I feel like they made a big point to tell us that they were randomizing the process so each person had an open and a closed file interview.

Just got an II here! Super excited! LM 65. URM. Complete mid September. Available interview dates in mid-Feb.

Reactions: 4 users
Also got an II here! Very unexpected at this stage of the game. I think my suit has collected so much dust.

Reactions: 5 users
Keep missing R waves but also keep missing these II waves lol

Keep missing R waves but also keep missing these II waves lol

There’s probably a ton of people in this exact boat but no one really comments on here when they are in “limbo” so it’s real easy to feel like you’re missing out. But rest assured, I’m in the same boat and probably thousands of others are too :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
There’s probably a ton of people in this exact boat but no one really comments on here when they are in “limbo” so it’s real easy to feel like you’re missing out. But rest assured, I’m in the same boat and probably thousands of others are too :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 complete mid August and still in limbo

II! LM 70 oos complete in July. Seems like post II acceptance is extremely low. Anyone have any information on that?

II! LM 70 oos complete in July. Seems like post II acceptance is extremely low. Anyone have any information on that?

I think I read somewhere that it is around 35%, which is on the lower end, but not crazy low!

Reactions: 1 users
That's weird. I feel like they made a big point to tell us that they were randomizing the process so each person had an open and a closed file interview.
that was my day as well and it was due to the extreme weather that one of the interviewers couldn't make it so they both had to be closed. this was a special circumstance

that was my day as well and it was due to the extreme weather that one of the interviewers couldn't make it so they both had to be closed. this was a special circumstance
I see I see, makes sense! I was gonna say it seems like someone just didn’t get a chance to read their app.

I hope that you feel as though you still received a good interview experience. I personally preferred all of my open interviews over the closed ones.

I hope that you feel as though you still received a good interview experience. I personally preferred all of my open interviews over the closed ones.

It wasn’t my interview. I had an open and closed hut like everyone else but I thought the comment deserved a little context is all. Overall I had a great day

right like Dartmouth can I get an answer or nah? Are they interviewing in March aka still gonna send out IIs in February?

The email they sent after New Years said that it could take until mid February for the rest of us still in limbo to hear back. So probably will be sending II until then at the latest.

Axed, complete early sept OOS LM 70. Good luck to those of you still hanging in there!

Just got hit with the R! Good luck to those still hanging tight.

Just got the rejection! Good look to everyone interviewing!

Anyone heard anything lately from late dec early Jan interviews? They said the *earliest* we’d hear is feb but I can’t help but feel optimistic

Anyone heard anything lately from late dec early Jan interviews? They said the *earliest* we’d hear is feb but I can’t help but feel optimistic
me + a few others from my interview day in Sept still haven't heard back.. i initially was optimistic about hearing back early but it looks like we're waiting til march

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed mid-November and was accepted mid-January. Looks like there are other people who have waited longer than I have, and I had to wait at least 2 months.

II last week, complete in august, IS, I'm average. Feeling #blessed

Last edited:
Rejected this morning. Complete early September, LM ~70, non-trad. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

II about 10 min ago
Dates available: feb 27, Mar 1, Mar 8
Y'all I'm rooting for everyone who hasn't heard yet!

Reactions: 6 users
II this morning!!!! :D:clap: this has been my dream med school since high school lol
Complete in August but sent in a love letter disguised as an update last week
Also got offered the same three dates ^^

Long time lurker - after finally making an account, this is my first post on SDN.

Rejected pre-ii this morning. It's been a really rough cycle for me, thank you all for at least making this thread enjoyable to read and reminding me that I'm not alone. Good luck to everybody else!

Long time lurker - after finally making an account, this is my first post on SDN.

Rejected pre-ii this morning. It's been a really rough cycle for me, thank you all for at least making this thread enjoyable to read and reminding me that I'm not alone. Good luck to everybody else!

keep your head up! you are not alone. i still can't believe i'm waiting to hear back from 11/17 MD programs to which i applied, coming up on the five-month mark now. i am shocked.

this has been the most trying year of my life. i thought this would be manageable -- i mean how bad could the waiting game be after i've already taken four years to change my career, right?? i massively underestimated the toll this process would take on me. but i'm still standing -- humbled yet stronger than ever.

you are not alone. a big hug to you wherever you are.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 10 users
Previous interviewees: did you stay the night after your interview or were you able to fly back the same day?

I stayed the night because I took that terrifying small plane and the flights worked out that way. you could try and do the Dartmouth coach and make it all in one day. or the flights may work out for you this time with careful planning. the airport is so small that security is probably not going to take long to get through so as long as you can get there like 30min before boarding it should be fine.

:(

Last edited:
Previous interviewees: did you stay the night after your interview or were you able to fly back same day?
I stayed the night before because I'm always paranoid about flight delays, cancellations, etc. But you should get an email about student hosts as well.