2017-2018 Indiana University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If we got no email does that mean we will be rejected?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Important question
I believe that's how it was handled last year. There was one batch of alternate emails sent out during the first week of May, and those that didn't receive one were eventually sent a rejection notice later.

Are a lot of people not going to go here if they don’t get a certain campus or get placed in one they absolutely don’t want to be at?
If I don’t get Indianapolis, I’m withdrawing right away.

Reactions: 3 users
I mean I don't know about a lot of people. It's definitely a factor, though, IMO. It's also where you'll be for the next 4 years, so big news either way.
Well if you don't get placed at Indy at least you can transfer there for your last 2 years I believe.

Hey guys! I'm an MS1 at the Terre Haute campus. I thought I'd reach out to you guys to see if any of you had any questions that I may be able to help you out with. SDN helped keep me sane while I was going through the application process, so I'd love to help you guys out if there is anything in particular you were wanting to know about the school (curriculum, regional campuses, etc) :)

Hey guys! I'm an MS1 at the Terre Haute campus. I thought I'd reach out to you guys to see if any of you had any questions that I may be able to help you out with. SDN helped keep me sane while I was going through the application process, so I'd love to help you guys out if there is anything in particular you were wanting to know about the school (curriculum, regional campuses, etc) :)

Thanks for being open to questions! I am curious to exactly what is covered in the transitions course that is done at the very beginning after matriculation? Is it more of a ethics type of course or something a little different?

Thanks for being open to questions! I am curious to exactly what is covered in the transitions course that is done at the very beginning after matriculation? Is it more of a ethics type of course or something a little different?

Transitions is a two week period where you learn a little bit of medical ethics (what the hippocratic oath means), learn about evidence based medicine, and work as a group to go over a few easy case studies (sore throats, hypertension, etc). We were told that the idea behind transitions is just to introduce you to the medical field. There is an exam you have to pass, which does require some studying but nothing to stress about. Transitions seemed pretty pointless, but it was nice to have that time to get to know my class and relax a bit before all the craziness started lol. You will have another transitions course after you take step one at the end of second year.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What?!? Why is mine the same? Whyyyy???!!!

For real though, are you guys serious?

Did you guys receive a notification that your portal was changed or were you just randomly checking?

Did you guys receive a notification that your portal was changed or were you just randomly checking?

Someone on the group me said that campus assignments were up. I went and checked right after reading it around 9:45 this morning and mine was up but it disappeared about 15 minutes later .

Someone on the group me said that campus assignments were up. I went and checked right after reading it around 9:45 this morning and mine was up but it disappeared about 15 minutes later .
What a tease lol. Where exactly was it listed? I'm neurotically checking now

Find me neurotically checking my email and portal all day tomorrow.

What a tease lol. Where exactly was it listed? I'm neurotically checking now

It just changed to the area where it said campus preferences previously.

Do people think that the ones that were up are correct?

I honestly have no clue because under the campus it showed momentarily it said basically subject to change until an email is received stating the campus that one is designated to.

It just changed to the area where it said campus preferences previously.

I honestly have no clue because under the campus it showed momentarily it said basically subject to change until an email is received stating the campus that one is designated to.

In past years what was the worst average campus preference somebody reported getting.

Unfortunately, I did not receive an alternate email last week. Pretty bummed, as in years past it seems this means I'll be hearing back with a rejection in the next couple of weeks.

As an in-state applicant with stats that line up with exactly what this school is looking for, I am fairly devastated. I've always wanted to attend IUSM. It has been my above and beyond first choice for medical school.

That being said, best of luck to all of you that heard good news here!
Do they only send out one wave of alternate list decisions?

Correct, I called yesterday to confirm that. You can still get an outright acceptance (without being on the waitlist first) even after the campus lottery has completed but obviously you wouldn't have a great chance to get your campus preference.
I’m confused. She said they accept people who aren’t on the waitlist even after the list had been decided?

Judging by the last few year's threads, yes :(
It’s weird tho cus this is so much earlier than other year’s threads that they have sent out notifications. Hoping this means they will send more

I’m confused. She said they accept people who aren’t on the waitlist even after the list had been decided?

I was confused too. Apparently, even after the campus lottery, they are accepting people outright, not just off the waitlist. She said they will continue to make decisions for those who haven't heard back yet. But hey, that's what one person said. Seems like there's a ton of different circulating opinions, so who knows what actually happens :shrug:

I am officially withdrawing tomorrow! Hopefully one of you will get my spot!

Reactions: 4 users
How does one.iu portal look if you have been accepted? I just checked mine it states the program etc but nothing that says “accepted” or “under consideration”??

We’re running out of April!

Attachments

• 6543BF20-268F-42C9-B501-E64FEB0DF2F1.jpeg
    6543BF20-268F-42C9-B501-E64FEB0DF2F1.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 157
  • D3E2B4BD-BDBB-4EB6-9CD4-0BBE6FE42126.jpeg
    D3E2B4BD-BDBB-4EB6-9CD4-0BBE6FE42126.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 152
The plot thickens. Where did you find this?
I emailed the admissions office asking if we would get to keep the option of attending the original assignment or if we’d be stuck with what we get after the second chance lottery. This was their response

Someone commented on the IUSM Class of 2022 facebook page that we would be finding out campus assignments later today (and comment was confirmed by a staff member).

Reactions: 3 users
Same guy also said that the thing that happened on Monday "was a minor glitch and the assignments had to be delayed." So I guess we were supposed to find out even before today? :shrug:

Just confirmed on the Facebook page that campus assignments are coming this afternoon. Here we go people, live action! Good luck to everyone!

My first choice was Gary, so I'm pretty sure I'll get it, but for some reason I'm still nervous. I had two other acceptances in Chicago and already withdrew from them (IU is cheaper), and now I'm worried that I did that prematurely. Anyone ever hear of someone not getting their top choice if it was a satellite campus? Guess I'll find out soon! Best of luck to everyone who wants IUPUI.