2017-2018 Western U of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
interviewed 10/5, accepted today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to those accepted! So exciting!

I guess Western committing to the "2 week results" timeline. Seems like people are waiting ~1 month?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to those accepted! So exciting!

I guess Western committing to the "2 week results" timeline. Seems like people are waiting ~1 month?
At the interview, they said it takes about 2 weeks for committee review then about 1 week for final approval and notification. So 3 weeks is actually what they’re saying, and it seems it has been around that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cancelled my interview here (Lebanon) for December 2nd due to an acceptance elsewhere. Good luck everyone, hope someone gets my open spot!

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

10/12 friends: hopefully we hear back this week?! :love: I have a deposit for another school due next Monday so I really need to know lol

Reactions: 1 users
10/12 friends: hopefully we hear back this week?! :love: I have a deposit for another school due next Monday so I really need to know lol

Many people have heard back already. I was on an interview last week and saw someone from my 10/12 interview who was rejected last week. Not sure why some of us haven't heard yet. I suspect the remainder of us will hear back this week

Many people have heard back already. I was on an interview last week and saw someone from my 10/12 interview who was rejected last week. Not sure why some of us haven't heard yet. I suspect the remainder of us will hear back this week

Have you heard back? I feel like calling and asking for an update

complete here early September..haven't heard anything back, should I be concerned?

Damn we all in that same boat huh
Yup, sounds like it. I am tempted to call for an update, but I feel I should wait after reading about someone with an August completion date getting a Nov/Dec interview date invite.

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! Lebanon campus. Submitted early august, complete mid september.

Reactions: 4 users
Will probably be getting to preview late tomorrow and directly from plane. Anyone know how admin/adcom view disheveled lateness to preview?

Will probably be getting to preview late tomorrow and directly from plane. Anyone know how admin/adcom view disheveled lateness to preview?

I land at LAX at 230. Im definitely going to be late. I called and told them and they said it was a non-issue.

II Lebanon! (received Monday, apparently, but I didn't see it until this morning because it was filtered to Promotions in my gmail... everyone check all of your folders always!)
LizzyM 68, OOS, some weak ties to the NW.
Submitted late September, complete early October due to LOR issue.
Only available date was January 20th.

Last edited:
Sad to say this but I probably will be withdrawing my II with Pomona due to financial reasons. Good luck to all those who are looking forward to studying here and can afford it :)

Has anyone gotten pre-interview rejections? Still silence. Completed mid August. Just looking for any sign of hope at this point ‍♀️

Reactions: 4 users
Sad to say this but I probably will be withdrawing my II with Pomona due to financial reasons. Good luck to all those who are looking forward to studying here and can afford it :)
So sorry @Octossy, I hear you, this program is quite expensive. Best of luck!

Hey guys so I called the admission office and they said that my file is still being reviewed and that i should hear something back from them early next week. Interviewed 10/05.

Have you heard back?

For those requesting a COMP Lebanon discussion thread, I've contacted a moderator to get that thread started. They replied and said that they'll start one soon :)

Reactions: 2 users
For those requesting a COMP Lebanon discussion thread, I've contacted a moderator to get that thread started. They replied and said that they'll start one soon :)
Thank you! Having mixed threads when a school has two campuses drives me nuts. People rarely post which campus they're referring to :wideyed:

Interviewed here 11/9....overall I thought it was a pretty good interview day. Friendly interviewers, decent campus, and the students seem pretty happy. Every school has its drawbacks (mostly the surrounding area, but that can be mitigated once you drive 5-10 minutes out), but overall I thought COMP-Pomona was a good interview day (lunch was freaking atrocious tho). Positives: Super strong curriculum, strong in-state ties, and excellent rotations with the ability to customize essentially your entire 4th year for audition rotations.
Stats-LM 63, ORM, OOS

Are many people still waiting to hear back from the 10/12 interview in Pomona?

I interviewed in Pomona on 10/12. Just was notified as my alternate status on the portal about 5 minutes ago

Accepted! Interviewed Oct 12th

Is it worth applying here at this time? I applied to a bunch of schools, but not here. And now I wanted to apply. I got waitlisted at ARCOM, and just finished my interview at WCUCOM. Lizzy M score is 57 and Im OOS?

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed here 11/9....overall I thought it was a pretty good interview day. Friendly interviewers, decent campus, and the students seem pretty happy. Every school has its drawbacks (mostly the surrounding area, but that can be mitigated once you drive 5-10 minutes out), but overall I thought COMP-Pomona was a good interview day (lunch was freaking atrocious tho). Positives: Super strong curriculum, strong in-state ties, and excellent rotations with the ability to customize essentially your entire 4th year for audition rotations.
Stats-LM 63, ORM, OOS
which group were you in? I also interviewed that day.