2017-2018 Western U of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1/18 interviewee still waiting! Anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep. I'm tired of being on this boat, deliver me to the promised land or throw me overboard already :(

Thank goodness, glad I'm not the only one still in the black hole. I'm definitely going to call Monday...

Reactions: 1 user
Thank goodness, glad I'm not the only one still in the black hole. I'm definitely going to call Monday...

For most people, it takes 3-4 weeks to hear back. So I would expect for you to hear back this upcoming Thursday or Friday. If you give them a call they will likely not have any more news for you, other than that they’re still making decisions (they meet every Thursday and usually portal updates on Fridays).

Can you comment on housing for first-years? And ISAC?

Thanks!

I frequently get asked this question so I'll copy and paste one of my responses here: I would recommend trying to find a room in a home locally to help keep costs down. I know some students lived in a single in the Daumier that is attached to campus, but even those get pricey. I would say the breakdown of where students live is like this: local students stay at home to keep costs way down, others rent apartments/homes with other students, others rent out rooms locally. I think Chino, Chino Hills, and Claremont are some of the nicer areas closer to campus to stay. In the end I recommend keeping your debt load as low as possible!

As far as ISAC is concerned, I am biased since I did not myself do it, but I say enjoy your summer! The pros of ISAC is that it smooths your transition into medical school, but that "advantage" goes away in a couple of months when you will be back on a level playing field with your other classmates. Perhaps someone that has completed ISAC can chime in.

I frequently get asked this question so I'll copy and paste one of my responses here: I would recommend trying to find a room in a home locally to help keep costs down. I know some students lived in a single in the Daumier that is attached to campus, but even those get pricey. I would say the breakdown of where students live is like this: local students stay at home to keep costs way down, others rent apartments/homes with other students, others rent out rooms locally. I think Chino, Chino Hills, and Claremont are some of the nicer areas closer to campus to stay. In the end I recommend keeping your debt load as low as possible!

As far as ISAC is concerned, I am biased since I did not myself do it, but I say enjoy your summer! The pros of ISAC is that it smooths your transition into medical school, but that "advantage" goes away in a couple of months when you will be back on a level playing field with your other classmates. Perhaps someone that has completed ISAC can chime in.
Please commend on "Attending Live Lectures" vs "Delayed Live Lectures Streaming".

I called and they said if there is no change on your portal then no decision has been made yet. Not sure why the delay but I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Hopefully we will hear by this friday!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called and they said if there is no change on your portal then no decision has been made yet. Not sure why the delay but I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Hopefully we will hear by this friday!
Yes definitely by this Friday, for better or worse (please don't be in the mass rejection pile, please don't be in the mass rejection pile, please don't be in the mass rejection pile.....) :)

AFter submitting the deposit, did anyone get a confirmation email?

Hi all, first time poster.. can anyone comment on the dress attire for the pizza social? I know it said casual, but how casual? Blue jeans and button up top ok?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all, first time poster.. can anyone comment on the dress attire for the pizza social? I know it said casual, but how casual? Blue jeans and button up top ok?
Yeah, that's a perfect outfit! It's a pizza party with current students and it's very relaxed. Come with questions!

Does anyone know how to send them an update letter?

Thanks in advance.

I wonder if the people who interviewed on feb 1st will hear back tomorrow. Excited and nervous!!!!!

I wonder if the people who interviewed on feb 1st will hear back tomorrow. Excited and nervous!!!!!
Hold on there chief, some of us 1/18 interviewees are still waiting to be loved

I interviewed today and we were told they were reviewing the last group’s applications today!

Interviewed feb 1, nothing yet :bag:

Called again today, they said final 1/18 updates should be posted by EOD

Called again today, they said final 1/18 updates should be posted by EOD
Well best of luck to us. Next couple months I'll either be retaking my expired mcat or preparing to attend Western. Pants will be soiled either way

Reactions: 4 users
does anyone know where to check the status post interview? I'm not sure if it's the same portal we use to upload supplemental material because I don't see a "status" tab. Thanks!!

does anyone know where to check the status post interview? I'm not sure if it's the same portal we use to upload supplemental material because I don't see a "status" tab. Thanks!!

Its the same portal that you scheduled your interview on. It will have new tabs such as "update" or "reply to offer" when the time comes.

Nooo, rejected!!! Time to dust off my mcat review material and tackle the beast again. Best of luck to everyone else!

I'm so sorry man :( to be honest, I still haven't gotten an update here
Appreciate it friend. It hurts to get rejected with an otherwise great application stats wise (my old introverted habits probably showed in my LOR's and interview), but the learning experience and personal growth that stemmed from the process is exactly what I need when I apply more broadly next cycle. Best of luck to you wherever you go!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if they're still sending out interview invites?

Rejected yesterday post II! Like "medisrad" said, "Time to dust off my MCAT review material and tackle the beast again." Thanks for the positive attitude buddy. Know that there are others on the same boat. Best of luck to all. :)

Some of the people in my “red” group heard last Friday. We interviewed on 2/1. Does anyone know if they are going through group colors or just randomly or last name or god knows what???

Yeah, that's a perfect outfit! It's a pizza party with current students and it's very relaxed. Come with questions!
Hey, this has probably been asked before, but is the pizza social very important? flying in from out of state, so just wanted to know how big it was in this process. If anyone knows, thanks!

Hey, this has probably been asked before, but is the pizza social very important? flying in from out of state, so just wanted to know how big it was in this process. If anyone knows, thanks!

I would say not really. I was really stressing about making it on time to the pizza social, took me three hours to get there and it was TOTALLLLLLY informal and not really necessary. It was simply to give us the opportunity to ask questions to current med students. But you will get this opportunity allllll throughout your interview day. Out of 60-70ish people that interviewed on my day, I think maybe 15-18 showed up to the pizza social? Anyway, I say don't worry about it and save your questions for your interview day!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys think it's too late to get an interview invite? I would love to attend this school! Congrats to everyone who has gotten in so far :)