2018-2019 Saint Louis University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do they tell you when you are under review? my app has been complete for a while
Yes,

Heres the email I got.

Dear ....,

Thank you for applying to Saint Louis University School of Medicine. Your application is now complete and under review. You may upload grade or activity updates to your application throughout the season. The Committee will notify you in writing as soon as any decision is made. No further inquiry is necessary on your part in this interim period.

Office of Admissions
Saint Louis University School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Yes,

Heres the email I got.

Dear ....,

Thank you for applying to Saint Louis University School of Medicine. Your application is now complete and under review. You may upload grade or activity updates to your application throughout the season. The Committee will notify you in writing as soon as any decision is made. No further inquiry is necessary on your part in this interim period.

Office of Admissions
Saint Louis University School of Medicine
When'd you submit?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS with ~65 LizzyM but fits the mission statement.
Do you guys think I have a chance? their avg mcat and gpa is pretty high so im not sure if it's worth applying for me...

Debating if I should submit my diversity essay or not... I don't want it to look like I carelessly copied and pasted so maybe I shouldn't put anything!

Debating if I should submit my diversity essay or not... I don't want it to look like I carelessly copied and pasted so maybe I shouldn't put anything!
I don't think it hurts to add something you really want them to know about you. But again I have been debating for the past few days and I just chose to write something short.

I don't think it hurts to add something you really want them to know about you. But again I have been debating for the past few days and I just chose to write something short.

Yeah, after thinking I decided to add my diversity one because I think it can highlight some strengths they might not get from other parts of my app. Let's hope it works out for us!!

Reactions: 1 user
Re-applicant here. I used a mixed why SLU/diversity essay for the optional essay last cycle and didn't receive an II. This year I've submitted leaving the optional essay blank. I'll let you all know if I end up receiving an II this cycle! Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected off the waitlist this Monday and submitted my app today heres to hoping for another interview with more success this time

Verified 21/7 and no secondaries yet... Should i start having a mental meltdown?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any non-trads applying here without a committee letter? Idk if ill be eligible to apply if i don't have 3 faculty letters. i have 2 science letters and 2 physician letters

Reapplicant with a complete application 07/21. Got accepted in 2015 but couldn't afford to attend. Let's see this time 'round...

II complete 7/2

II received! None of the dates really work for me though.

II this morning! OOS, LizzyM 70 with huge grade trend and complete 7/2. I'm actually legacy at this school as well.

Reactions: 2 users
II this morning too!!! :heckyeah: LM 74, OOS, Complete 7/3

I need some opinions: I received the secondary on 06/29, but I JUST decided that I actually do want to submit the secondary and apply to this school. I know "you never know unless you do," but realistically, since people are already getting interviews is this a reasonable idea? I don't want to light $100 on fire.

II this morning, Lizzy 76, OOS, complete 06/29

I need some opinions: I received the secondary on 06/29, but I JUST decided that I actually do want to submit the secondary and apply to this school. I know "you never know unless you do," but realistically, since people are already getting interviews is this a reasonable idea? I don't want to light $100 on fire.

Absolutely reasonable. $100 in the grand scheme of med school is nothing. And if St. Louis is the only place you end up getting in it’s worth it. Plus, last year they interviewed almost 1,000 people. So there are plenty of spots left to interview.

II today OOS. LM 72. Complete 07/02

Reactions: 2 users
Got an II yesterday and was able to schedule mine on a Monday in September. Does the interview day start at 10:40 am with the tour? Seems pretty late to start compared to other places.

Last edited:
Got an II yesterday and was able to schedule mine on a Monday in September. Does the interview day start at 10:40 am with the tour? Seems pretty late to start compared to other places.
what are your stats? when was your application completed?

Per this link that someone posted last year using US News and Report data from 2 cycles ago, SLU had 7748 total applicants and gave 551 interviews and all 551 interviewed were accepted. Anyone know how valid that is? Seems hard to believe.

Per this link that someone posted last year using US News and Report data from 2 cycles ago, SLU had 7748 total applicants and gave 551 interviews and all 551 interviewed were accepted. Anyone know how valid that is? Seems hard to believe.
Last year they interviewed 988 and accepted 569 (58%)

that link holds 0 credibility

I was complete on 7/15 and received no "under review" email, should I be worried?