2018-2019 Stanford University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard that, only after a blood moon paired with a lunar eclipse, on the 4th Thursday of January, only after MLK day, and on Mischa Barton's birthday.. would Stanford start making calls. Let's pray today is that day.

We must appease Stanford’s Crimson desires. More super wolf blood for the super wolf blood moon god!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I know in the past they've done phone calls, so I expect they'll do the same this year but has anyone heard info to the contrary? If I can limit my neurotic compulsive checking down to one form of communication my life will be much easier (aka if it's via phone calls I can stop having a mini heart attack every time I get a dumb spam/marketing email)

I know in the past they've done phone calls, so I expect they'll do the same this year but has anyone heard info to the contrary? If I can limit my neurotic compulsive checking down to one form of communication my life will be much easier (aka if it's via phone calls I can stop having a mini heart attack every time I get a dumb spam/marketing email)

On my interview day someone explicitly asked “will we be called for acceptances” and Dean Gibbs responded with “you will be contacted...in some way” (in a way that suggested it would still be phone calls)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
lol I guess I’ll have to answer all the 650 area code spam calls I get now

What is the protocol for sending an update letter of recommendation post interview invitation?

What is the protocol for sending an update letter of recommendation post interview invitation?
Log into Medadmit. Click on "Interview," then "Resources." At the bottom there is information relating to additional LORs.

Has anyone not been rejected pre-II?? and still waiting? (and did you apply to KH)

Did anyone who applied KH and rejected hear back from Stanford regarding an interview invite yet? Not really sure how the timeline for us works

Reactions: 1 user
rejected-KH. still waiting? did you hear anything?

Still waiting. I know some rejected-KH who were recently rejected pre-II but haven’t heard any IIs for our group

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly some incredible psychological/social experiments can be done on us premeds in days leading up to decisions. Just the simple fact that the wait is almost getting physically painful and yet not a single soul feels comfortable calling these people and asking the very reasonable question of "has there been a date set in terms of when you plan on sending these decisions out" is truly a remarkable phenomena that can easily lead to a high impact publication and a subsequent Stanford med acceptance.

Reactions: 14 users
Honestly some incredible psychological/social experiments can be done on us premeds in days leading up to decisions. Just the simple fact that the wait is almost getting physically painful and yet not a single soul feels comfortable calling these people and asking the very reasonable question of "has there been a date set in terms of when you plan on sending these decisions out" is truly a remarkable phenomena that can easily lead to a high impact publication and a subsequent Stanford med acceptance.

As a subject in this study, can I update Stanford about my new ethnographic research project?

Reactions: 2 users
Admissions has not been responsive to my email. Anyone else been able to reach them ghrough phone or email?

UGHHjfjfkslkfgkrofosolwlwpcjcjdjakak this waiting is so HARD Stanford you’re going to have no one left to accept bc we’re all going to die from anticipation

UGHHjfjfkslkfgkrofosolwlwpcjcjdjakak this waiting is so HARD Stanford you’re going to have no one left to accept bc we’re all going to die from anticipation

lol tbh i wasn't expecting anything this week....didn't someone say earlier in this thread that they had interviewed recently and were told first batch is late January/early Feb?

lol tbh i wasn't expecting anything this week....didn't someone say earlier in this thread that they had interviewed recently and were told first batch is late January/early Feb?
Oh I totally missed that! I’ve been banking on “mid January” and was like hello it is officially almost February what’s the deal

Edit: this was also going to be the first school I heard back from besides one I got waitlisted at in the beginning of December so I’m probs overly anxious!

They told me no one will hear til March. Someone else claimed we would hear Jan 17. And this person heard something else. I'm thinking even Stanford doesn't know when we are gonna hear back.

They told me no one will hear til March. Someone else claimed we would hear Jan 17. And this person heard something else. I'm thinking even Stanford doesn't know when we are gonna hear back.
FWIW I interviewed earlier this month and they said that they would start releasing decisions around now (Jan) through March...

FWIW I interviewed earlier this month and they said that they would start releasing decisions around now (Jan) through March...
Interviewed this week & they still said Jan thru March. Dean said ppl could start hearing back “any day now”

Reactions: 5 users
We back on that grind
lol just got a call from my dentist confirming an appointment this week and literally threw a pipet on the ground when the phone rang...it’s gonna be a rough day/week

Reactions: 15 users
lol just got a call from my dentist confirming an appointment this week and literally threw a pipet on the ground when the phone rang...it’s gonna be a rough day/week
Got a scam call from 650 number about a postcard lol this is going to be a rough few months

Fellow Comrades,
I have heard through the brush and thistle that they do their acceptance calls in the evening. Like ~6pm or later.

So rest easy for now and save your frenetic phone-clutching for dinnertime.

KW

Reactions: 8 users
Fellow Comrades,
I have heard through the brush and thistle that they do their acceptance calls in the evening. Like ~6pm or later.

So rest easy for now and save your frenetic phone-clutching for dinnertime.

KW
our evening or their evening? im going to get an ulcer at this rate

our evening or their evening? im going to get an ulcer at this rate

I would suspect 6pm PST since if i'm the person making the calls, 'doing it after 3pm' seems pretty arbitrary compared to 'doing it after work' (6pm). But who knows, I'm no expert in Reasoning Beyond the Text questions in CARS or anything!

I would suspect 6pm PST since if i'm the person making the calls, 'doing it after 3pm' seems pretty arbitrary compared to 'doing it after work' (6pm). But who knows, I'm no expert in Reasoning Beyond the Text questions in CARS or anything!
makes sense. but this cycle has just showed me how nothing makes sense while applying to med school

Counterpoint- this means that east coast applicants get calls beginning at 9PM. Either way folks, expecting a particular outcome at a particular time is the quickest way to madness in this wild process .

I think it would be helpful if we just stuck to posts that contained new and relevant information. The decisions will come out when they come out, and it doesn't really make sense to keep posting all this random garbage. Everyone is stressed; we get it. Thank you for understanding.

Reactions: 3 users
I think it would be helpful if we just stuck to posts that contained new and relevant information. The decisions will come out when they come out, and it doesn't really make sense to keep posting all this random garbage. Everyone is stressed; we get it. Thank you for understanding.
idk its pretty cathartic venting a lil with internet strangers

Reactions: 12 users

Everyone! No fun allowed!

meanwhile, I'm over here waiting for that pre-II rejection

Reactions: 7 users
I don't know about you guys, but I'm feeling exhausted and defeated by this waiting game.

Pain heals all wounds my fellow comrades!!
They can keep us waiting but they can't break our spirit!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm feeling exhausted and defeated by this waiting game.
I see you guys seriously struggling out here but just wanted to commiserate a little and remind you guys that it's not as bad as it could be. I'm currently waiting on a decision from my dream school too, (Baylor though), from my interview in August. They don't have any fixed time they make offers, so it could literally be any time before like June 1st, and they don't go in order of interview date!. We should try to remember the way we feel about our dream school acceptance is how some people feel about just getting into one MD program. Also, the longer we wait the more we will treasure our acceptance!

Reactions: 7 users
anyone who interviewed recently (like this week) happen to get any new intel about these released dates?

maybe they already made calls and people weren't on sdn or decided not to post :( just like nyu oct 15

entirely possible. we estimate SDN users only account for 10-15% of the total applicant pool each cycle.
Users being anyone visiting the site or those with an actual account?

maybe they already made calls and people weren't on sdn or decided not to post just like nyu oct 15

As far as I am aware, no calls have been made. FYI, we are behind this cycle