2018-2019 Stanford University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats to all who got the call!!! anyone in EST get one?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
congrats to all who got the call!!! anyone in EST get one?
I missed a call from a 650 number about an hour ago, and I'm in EST. No voicemail was left. I hope it was good news or else it was a very unfortunate coincidence lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted around 9 Pacific Time today. Patience goes far! Thank you to SDN for being helpful over the past few months.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone interview in October and not hear anything last night? :barf:

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to those accepted!

Im assuming the people who interviewed early and didnt get an acceptance call should expect a waitlist notification sometime soon? Going off of last years thread.

So if you did not get the call you are out? or does it depend on when you interviewed?

Made an account just for this. Got the call about 40 mins ago.

Based on previous years, it seems that calls for accepted people go out over a few days for each wave, so don't give up all hope just yet.

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!
Just call a call from Dr. Gibbs. Interviewed mid-January. This is so surreal!

Reactions: 7 users
I really hope tomorrow is still a day of calls :( interviewed early october here

Reactions: 8 users
Guessing no calls today so the wave is over at this point now? :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
wasn't expecting anything but still so dissapointed

What should people who've received no call expect? Seems from previous year threads that waitlist/post-II Rs (if you get one, which not everyone does) come out like a week-ish after the A waves?....this gonna be a long week lol

Does anyone have an idea when the official acceptance email is sent, or the portal is updated?

What should people who've received no call expect? Seems from previous year threads that waitlist/post-II Rs (if you get one, which not everyone does) come out like a week-ish after the A waves?....this gonna be a long week lol
In previous threads, I've seen people who interview early fall have silence Jan/Feb but then get an acceptance call in March. There's hope I think!

Reactions: 3 users
In previous threads, I've seen people who interview early fall have silence Jan/Feb but then get an acceptance call in March. There's hope I think!
Haha yeah good luck to us all :)

Just got the call, accepted!!

I literally cannot believe it. I am NOT one of those superstar applicants you see all around SDN who got an II to every single school. Literally, I will not believe it until I see something in writing.

That being said, has any accepted student gotten a portal change/email/letter?
I think Dr. Gibbs said the portal will be updated “shortly.” But honestly, everything she said after “accepted” is hazy...

Accepted! posting a bit late, I got the call on Thursday night

My caller said 3-5 business days but now I'm worried because my call was not from Dean Gibbs... Am I being crazy?

In previous years (and i'm assuming this year as well), two people make all the calls, one of whom is Dean Gibbs. Acceptance calls are randomly divided up between the two of them, so there's no significance who calls you, so don't stress out about this!

Congrats to everyone who received acceptances! Looking forward to meeting some of you at second look :)

In previous years (and i'm assuming this year as well), two people make all the calls, one of whom is Dean Gibbs. Acceptance calls are randomly divided up between the two of them, so there's no significance who calls you, so don't stress out about this!

Congrats to everyone who received acceptances! Looking forward to meeting some of you at second look :)
Thanks! Do you know if the date has been set yet?

Thanks! Do you know if the date has been set yet?

As far as I know it hasn't been officially announced yet, although you should get an official email about it in the coming weeks. For reference however, last year's second look was April 5th-7th, and historically its usually taken place in early April.

As far as I know it hasn't been officially announced yet, although you should get an official email about it in the coming weeks. For reference however, last year's second look was April 5th-7th, and historically its usually taken place in early April.
On the phone Dr. Gibbs told me second look was April 4-5th! I low-key blacked out like half the phone call from my memory but that is one thing I do remember!

Quick question how do we find the Communications link the MedAdmit portal to confirm our interview? These were instruction in the email I was sent:

"You must respond to this reminder email using the "Communications" link of the MedAdmit Application Portal at least five (5) business days prior 02/23/2019."

But I can't seem to find the right tab??

Quick question how do we find the Communications link the MedAdmit portal to confirm our interview? These were instruction in the email I was sent:

"You must respond to this reminder email using the "Communications" link of the MedAdmit Application Portal at least five (5) business days prior 02/23/2019."

I’d email them. I think I had a similar problem when I was interviewing.

It’s the “communication status” tab under status. If you click on the email there’s a space at the bottom where you can reply!

I got a call from a stanford university number last Friday around the same time everyone was posting about their acceptance calls. Unfortunately I missed it, but they didn't leave a message or haven't called back yet lol. So I'm not sure what this means or what to do.

I got a call from a stanford university number last Friday around the same time everyone was posting about their acceptance calls. Unfortunately I missed it, but they didn't leave a message or haven't called back yet lol. So I'm not sure what this means or what to do.

Call back and say u missed a call from that number?

Reactions: 4 users
Call back and say u missed a call from that number?
Yeah i'll probably do that tomorrow. I figured I'd wait till the end of the day today to see if they called back on their own

Yeah i'll probably do that tomorrow. I figured I'd wait till the end of the day today to see if they called back on their own
I can’t imagine a single reason why you’d need to wait 5 days to return a phone call, but you do you

I got an acceptance call last Friday, and I'm super excited about attending, but nothing on the portal indicates that I've been accepted. To the other accepted applicants: is this true for you, too? I have to keep reminding myself that yes, that call was real. Haha

I got an acceptance call last Friday, and I'm super excited about attending, but nothing on the portal indicates that I've been accepted. To the other accepted applicants: is this true for you, too? I have to keep reminding myself that yes, that call was real. Haha
same. i think someone posted earlier that we should get an email in 3-5 business days from friday, so hopefully we get some confirmation by the end of this week?

Is anyone else still waiting on pre-II rejection?

Reactions: 8 users
I can’t imagine a single reason why you’d need to wait 5 days to return a phone call, but you do you

Hmm well a current stanford med student told me to wait till the next business day since they usually call back.. but anyways, i got in!

did any accepted student's "update application" button just like disappear? What about the non-accepted applicants?

did any accepted student's "update application" button just like disappear? What about the non-accepted applicants?
Accepted Student here. My update button has disappeared. On a side note, has anyone's portal updated to indicate their acceptance?

Seems like a lot of acceptance calls went out, congratulations to those who received them. Think more will go out? Mid January interviewer here wondering if there is any hope :(

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed in early october... do you guys think they already admitted all the earlier interviewers?