2018-2019 Tufts University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Really hoping for this call... felt great after my interview and would attend here in an instant

Does it seem like the acceptances have been made or are more calls still possible?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does it seem like the acceptances have been made or are more calls still possible?

Their admissions office is closed for the day at this point so I'm not feeling too hopeful about any more calls today. I did look a couple pages back in the thread and during the last acceptance wave, some people were called the morning after everyone else.

Congrats to all acceptances.

Am I right in thinking Maine track calls go out Tuesdays and Thursdays?

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 10/25, still haven't heard back. Kind of worried I was deferred or rejected :\...

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 10/25, still haven't heard back. Kind of worried I was deferred or rejected :\...

Same, although I interviewed a little earlier. Has anyone gotten a post-II rejection email? I've seen people post about deferral emails, but not rejections I don't think? I'm pretty sure that since I haven't been called yet I'm not accepted, so I just wanted to know if/when I get the dreaded email.

Deferral email for Maine Track this morning, interviewed 10/5

Reactions: 2 users
Do they consider maine track and boston separately?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Deferral as well. Explicitly says don’t be discouraged but I can’t help it.

Reactions: 4 users
Any chance more calls are going out today? =/
Maybe. It seems like no one from the regular track has gotten an email yet. Have those accepted into regular gotten an email/ change in portal status yet?

No email yet - the dean said we should be receiving an email by the end of the week, no portal change either

Maine track deferred. Interviewed 10/5. Sad.

Just got the call; accepted!!! Interviewed 10/25!

edit: Accepted MD track, MD/MPH decision still pending

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Wow I thought I was done for—finally got the call! Interviewed 10/30! Somehow feels even better now!!

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED to Boston track! I got the call around 4pm; I interviewed on 11/1. Does anyone know if Tufts reimburses students for second-look?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does it help to send a letter of intent once deferred?

has anyone completed around mid sept heard anything yet?

Deferred regular track. Does anyone know if letters of intent help deferred applicants?

Deferred as well, regular track. There must've been something they didn't like about me... damn this really sucks. Curious to know about chances of acceptance after deferral?

Anyone got accepted in to MBA mind sharing their stats and exp? Thanks!

Anyone know if there's still a chance of II's for people complete in July?
I commented earlier that last cycle, people who were complete in July were receiving II into Nov/Dec. But I'm in the silent boat too, so I'm starting to worry myself.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know if there's still a chance of II's for people complete in July?

Also wondering this. Is it just me, or does it feel like Tuft’s cycle has been moving super quick this year? For people who got II’s recently, what dates were available?

Also wondering this. Is it just me, or does it feel like Tuft’s cycle has been moving super quick this year? For people who got II’s recently, what dates were available?

Just looked at the calendar now-- I see three dates open in February and one in early March. There's still hope!

I was complete on 7/6 and haven't heard anything. I'm starting to lose hope! Does anyone know if Tufts is receptive to letters of interest pre-II?

Withdrew my interview so a 12/13 Boston Interview spot is open if anyone is looking to reschedule!

Hi all! Can anyone who interviewed talk a bit about what they like and don’t like about the school? Or can current students talk about what drew them to tufts? (Sorry in advance if this has already been discussed but I couldn’t find it)

Last edited:
Hi all! Can anyone who interviewed talk a bit about what they like and don’t like about the school? Or can current students talk about what drew them to tufts? (Sorry in advance if this has already been discussed but I couldn’t find it)

Personally, the lack of a campus -- I did not like the campus layout. But, that is all I can think about. I love Tufts (I got accepted there couple weeks ago). The students seem happy and social, there are a lot of reserved spaces to study. It seems perfect, asides from the aforementioned con. My interviewers were spectacular-- very casual conversations. I felt welcomed; I felt like my voice would be heard at the school and most importantly, I saw people like me there.

I had the privilege of meeting someone who wasn't apart of the medical school (The student is a nursing student at tufts) while I was there. We spoke about the school and the census is, Tufts is phenomenal. The student was very friendly and rather overtly "altruistic." I got that vibe a lot from the students and staff. Tbh, the student's words and actions convinced me that Tufts is a place for me.

Goodluck!

Reactions: 5 users
Would those of you that interviewed already say that the interviews were more casual or more intense?