2018-2019 University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Acceptance notice in December is what was stated in the material given at the interview.
From the Admissions Process Timeline: "November-December: We will begin releasing offers of acceptance in December, and subsequently in February, March and April. We will also send unsuccessful notifications at those times. Please be patient, we will do our best to update you on your status as soon as possible."

Did everyone who has interviewed receive a financial aid email?

Where did you find this information? What I'm curious about is if all of us who interviewed before December will definitely hear back in December or if we can potentially still hear back anytime from Dec-April.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else find the Office of Admissions to be pretty uncooperative and not want to check any info for you? Lady was pretty sarcastic with me.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else find the Office of Admissions to be pretty uncooperative and not want to check any info for you? Lady was pretty sarcastic with me.

I have sent a few emails and have not gotten a response. Hopefully with the end of the year coming up, we may see more responses from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
MSTP II today. C:~8/20. Anyone else receive an interview and not able to log in to schedule?

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!! Nice to see they're sending invites out ahead of schedule.

Any IS folks from July/August still waiting to hear back?

I am curious whether or not they have started sending out pre-II rejections to the IS crowd (or if they even send out rejections).

MSTP II today. I was one of the people who got the CASPer email earlier.

Any IS folks from July/August still waiting to hear back?

I am curious whether or not they have started sending out pre-II rejections to the IS crowd (or if they even send out rejections).

I am still waiting! but my LM is less than 70. I'm honestly surprised you have a LM of 72 without an II (from UNC). I wish you the best man!

I think UNC likes to sit on applications longer than most other schools, unfortunately. I'm also a reapplicant, and I've heard they like to sit on those particularly.

Where did you find this information? What I'm curious about is if all of us who interviewed before December will definitely hear back in December or if we can potentially still hear back anytime from Dec-April.
It is on one of the information sheets that were in the folder UNC SOM gave us on-site

I apologize if this has been asked already but is UNC receptive to ITA emails?

I apologize if this has been asked already but is UNC receptive to ITA emails?
So I sent an ITA and their response was that they "do not practice evaluating an applicant over another because of travel restrictions—we make an effort to be fair across the board." It ended up working out for me because they had already processed my app and I got an II the next day with a date that worked. Take this as you will.

For the people who applied MSTP, were you able to successfully schedule your interview? I had to do it like 3 times cause I kept getting emails saying it didn't work.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing here soon! Someone mentioned that they will not release any decisions until December. Does anyone know when in December?

Can any IS MD applicant with a recent II let us know how far UNC has scheduled for interviews as of now? January/February?

Interviewing here soon! Someone mentioned that they will not release any decisions until December. Does anyone know when in December?

in one of the docs in the interview day folder, all the information they give in the admissions timeline is that december is when "decisions will be sent out" but nothing more specific than that :/

Does anyone know if UNC is open to letters of interest? I know you can't send updates so I was just wondering

Has anyone had a chance to ask how they will take CASPer into account this cycle? I suppose that if first acceptances go out in December, they could take all November (and before) results into account when it comes to making a decision..............

For those of you who have interviewed, mine is on the 30th and I can't find if it's open file or not.

Yea, I heard about those stations. I am more nervous for those than the 1-on-1 because you just don't know whats coming.

Im an in-state applicant, submitted secondary in July, Lizzy M of a 71. Is there still a decent chance I could get an II, or is it time to stop banking on my state school?
Did you happen to apply to Brody? Sounds like you'd have a good shot there.

+2

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Truth, I had the first interview date at UNC and didn't hear about an interview from ECU until two weeks ago. Also ECU is a really hard school to get into statistically.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, I had a Brody interview early on. Haven't heard back yet though.

I didn't know UNC used Casper. Is it too late to send it to them if I submitted my secondary in July?

I didn't know UNC used Casper. Is it too late to send it to them if I submitted my secondary in July?

You only have to submit Casper if you interview, as long as you’ve taken it you should be fine.

Be careful with that. I’ve interviewed at UNC, haven’t heard anything from Brody.
My bad, I didn't mean to come off in any negative way. I was more curious to know if they had applied to Brody too since they're in state - so it makes sense to apply to both in state schools. Brody is really competitive, so I was just curious more than anything.

Last edited:
Hmm... I interviewed in early October and still haven't received a financial aid email, is it just like a reminder about FAFSA?
Yes! Just the FAFSA reminder. I wouldn't sweat it about not receiving it though. Pretty sure everyone gets it post interview. It might be a glitch in the system that you missed it!!

Yes! Just the FAFSA reminder. I wouldn't sweat it about not receiving it though. Pretty sure everyone gets it post interview. It might be a glitch in the system that you missed it!!
They probably send it out to everyone post interview to make sure you apply as long as funds are available since the cycle is so long! I still wonder if anyone knows for a fact that everyone gets it and not just those who are considered for acceptance....? Super stoked to be interviewing soon!

They probably send it out to everyone post interview to make sure you apply as long as funds are available since the cycle is so long! I still wonder if anyone knows for a fact that everyone gets it and not just those who are considered for acceptance....? Super stoked to be interviewing soon!
I am thinking maybe they send it to people that still haven't gotten started on FAFSA post interview? There's no indication in the email that they are considering us for acceptance or anything it just read like a mass email.
Also congratulations on the interview and good luck!

I am thinking maybe they send it to people that still haven't gotten started on FAFSA post interview? There's no indication in the email that they are considering us for acceptance or anything it just read like a mass email.
Also congratulations on the interview and good luck!
That's what I thought at first too, but how would they know you have not started yet? My roommate interviewed at UNC and I saw her email.
Thank you!!

So are we thinking they’ll wait until after the Dec 7th interview then release the first round of acceptances?

So are we thinking they’ll wait until after the Dec 7th interview then release the first round of acceptances?

Hopefully! I hope that we will really hear back in December. Looking at past threads it seems like UNC sometimes takes a while longer to get back to applicants. Just don't want to get my hopes up...already seeing myself clinging to my phone/email all month

Hopefully! I hope that we will really hear back in December. Looking at past threads it seems like UNC sometimes takes a while longer to get back to applicants. Just don't want to get my hopes up...already seeing myself clinging to my phone/email all month

Seems like UNC is doing things differently this time around. From the interview I gathered that they are going to send a huge wave of decisions in mid-December. A lot of people who interview close to the end of November-mid December may get deferred since the adcoms haven’t had as much time to review their apps.

Reactions: 4 users