2018-2019 University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected. Complete mid September. Good luck to all

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
R this morning as well. Complete 9/21.

Got the big R this morning as well. Complete 9/3.

I guess I feel slightly better knowing I was not alone in receiving an R yesterday. My first one, but it was a reach school for me anyways.
Complete 9/6
516/3.7

Reactions: 1 user
II today! Complete 10/25

Interview invite on 10/23, my first one! Complete 10/11 (stats in my signature).

My interview is scheduled for 12/14, and I am so excited! Does anyone who has already interviewed have any tips or advice? Thanks in advance!

I have also contacted a student host and have yet to hear back- did anyone have luck with finding a host, and how many folks did you have to reach out to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Took my first R of the cycle... Best of luck to those still in it!

Interview invite on 10/23, my first one! Complete 10/11 (stats in my signature).

My interview is scheduled for 12/14, and I am so excited! Does anyone who has already interviewed have any tips or advice? Thanks in advance!

I have also contacted a student host and have yet to hear back- did anyone have luck with finding a host, and how many folks did you have to reach out to?
Congrats! I contacted a few student hosts and then one finally got back to me and let me know that my email had been sent to her spam since it was a gmail so I resent emails on an .edu and got responses so just a heads up!

Congrats! I contacted a few student hosts and then one finally got back to me and let me know that my email had been sent to her spam since it was a gmail so I resent emails on an .edu and got responses so just a heads up!

Thank you! I'll try using my .edu email.

I need the reassurance....anyone still waiting to hear on R or II? The anxiety is building by the day hahaha

I'm still waiting to hear either way (MD/PhD). Are any other MSTP applicants waiting? The last MSTP interview dates are coming up *fast*

I need the reassurance....anyone still waiting to hear on R or II? The anxiety is building by the day hahaha

I'm still waiting to hear either way (MD/PhD). Are any other MSTP applicants waiting? The last MSTP interview dates are coming up *fast*

I am. I thought for sure I would get the axe after the last wave of rejections.

In years past, it seems they have given II's relatively close to the interview day, so there is still some hope, albeit slight.

Applied to MSTP early August, still waiting. :-(

It was a slight hope indeed! Just got the R, too bad

Hello everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know that I think I remember hearing that they are interviewing less people this year during my interview day (hopefully someone else who also interviewed already can confirm). I BELIEVE they mentioned they are interviewing around 600 people this year. So don't feel bad, I think they're just being even more tough and conservative than in previous years. Good luck to everyone!

Hello everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know that I think I remember hearing that they are interviewing less people this year during my interview day (hopefully someone else who also interviewed already can confirm). I BELIEVE they mentioned they are interviewing around 600 people this year. So don't feel bad, I think they're just being even more tough and conservative than in previous years. Good luck to everyone!
Yes, I heard this in my interview as well.

I still haven’t heard back on an R or II...any opinions on the usefulness of sending a letter of interest?

Yes, I heard this in my interview as well.
I heard this also. Do you remember if they mentioned if this will effect number of acceptances?

I heard this also. Do you remember if they mentioned if this will effect number of acceptances?
The individual who did an overview of their curriculum and admissions at my interview told me that the class they admitted last year was at 162. Their target size is 148. He alluded to them interviewing the same number of people as last year, but that a class size as large as the one they admitted last year would not be tenable.

If anyone has any questions about the interview day, I'm happy to answer broader questions.

When I was there they explicitly said they are interviewing 150 fewer people this year in reaction to the traffic rule changes, and that they would max out at 600. Didn't get any info on how many acceptances would go out, although they said fewer than last year for the reasons mentioned above

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know how far into December they extend interviews/ when all final interview/R decisions are released

Has anyone e-mailed an update to the admissions e-mail? Did you get any confirmation in response?

Has anyone e-mailed an update to the admissions e-mail? Did you get any confirmation in response?
I emailed a post-interview update about 3 weeks ago but did not get a response. Anyone know if they take these into consideration?

Also I thought they said we'd hear back from them on January 15th, not the 31st. Has it been pushed back?

I emailed a post-interview update about 3 weeks ago but did not get a response. Anyone know if they take these into consideration?

Also I thought they said we'd hear back from them on January 15th, not the 31st. Has it been pushed back?

Thanks. And at my interview in the beginning of September they said 31st, but maybe it's been changed.

At mine, they said the official date was the 31st, but Admissions was trying to move it to Monday because "31 January is a Thursday, and that's terrible"

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when the committee gets together for decisions?

Does anyone know what a typical day looks like for Pitt Med students? Is there > 4 hours of classes/mandatory activities per day? I'm curious how the average day might compare to students at say Case Western with classes 8-12.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone who interviewed recently want to update us on what day they were saying for our decisions? I interviewed in September and can't remember except that is was later January

Does anyone who interviewed recently want to update us on what day they were saying for our decisions? I interviewed in September and can't remember except that is was later January
“End of January”. It looks like last year though that something about FAFSA popped up on the portal for some ppl. Everyone who had that message was accepted and those who did not have it got WLed.

Last edited:
It’s either January 30th or 31st. I wrote both dates down in my notebook at different times so idk which one is a typo

Reactions: 1 users
Does everyone have a tab on their portal that says README, but when clicked on it says "
Server Error in '/' Application."