2019-2020 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A lot of continued waitlisting and a couple R's it seems like.. Anyone actually receive an II today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call on Friday morning! Top choice, so I'll def be coming here.
Taken off interview waitlist in October, interviewed in November.
LM 73, re-applicant

Reactions: 8 users
On my 3rd or 4th continued consideration email... officially withdrew my application today! Best of luck to everyone still running.

Reactions: 8 users
When’s the next time acceptances/you’re still in consideration emails will probably be sent out? The 24th?

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know if this is true but it seems like once a month, around the 15th. So expect it in 3-4 weeks around Feb 15th.
An interview would be a pretty wonderful valentine's day gift! (hint hint)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I know y'all signed a disclosure about the interviews and I'm not asking for details... I was just wondering about the general feel of the interview. Did you find it less stressful than others, did you find the pre-reception helpful or more stressful, etc?

Just got off the interview waitlist! Wahoo!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
I know y'all signed a disclosure about the interviews and I'm not asking for details... I was just wondering about the general feel of the interview. Did you find it less stressful than others, did you find the pre-reception helpful or more stressful, etc?
It was my first interview so maybe it was just that, but I thought it was higher stress than my other interviews but maybe that's just because it was an MMI. Overall, I thought the stations were fine, there was only one that I was annoyed with but all the others were very reasonable.

Edit: I've lost count of the number of "You weren't accepted but you're also not rejected" emails I've gotten, so take my advice with a grain of salt. But also I'm OOS so my chances have always been slim.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
This was my first interview also but after doing other interviews that were not MMI’s I realized that I actually liked the MMI’s. Since there are so many stations you realize that if you mess up on one it’s not the end of the world and you can do better on the next one. You also get used to it after 1 or 2 and start feeling more comfortable and can be yourself! I haven’t been accepted or rejected yet so who knows if I actually did well or not lol but I still liked the MMI’s! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got off the interview waitlist! Wahoo!

SAME!!! I'm OOS but I'm hoping that its not an interview for the WL. This is legit my dream school.

Any interview advice thats not too revealing from anyone that has already interviewed?

SAME!!! I'm OOS but I'm hoping that its not an interview for the WL. This is legit my dream school.

Any interview advice thats not too revealing from anyone that has already interviewed?
Congratulations! I'm OOS too and this is also a dream school for me! And I'm also hoping this isn't a get-automatically-waitlisted. Sending you all my good juju through this process! :)

Yay! Congratulations to you too! I'm interviewing February 7. What about you?

Congrats on your II! do you have any idea of how many dates are left to interview or did they just assign you a date?

Congrats on your II! do you have any idea of how many dates are left to interview or did they just assign you a date?
Thank you! I have no idea, as the applicant portal only shows you only the next available interview day. When that fills up, the next one pops up.

Anyone interviewing 2/14?

Also does anyone know if we can update/send additional LoR to the school if invited for an II? Or is it only post interview? Or not at all?

Anyone interviewing 2/14?

Also does anyone know if we can update/send additional LoR to the school if invited for an II? Or is it only post interview? Or not at all?

Update: Just called the office they said they do not accept any updates and or letters of intent.

Got the call on Friday morning! Top choice, so I'll def be coming here.
Taken off interview waitlist in October, interviewed in November.
LM 73, re-applicant

Congratulations! Giving us post-II deferred people hope.

Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels nearby campus?

Are interview invites still happening here :(

I got off of the waitlist last week and got an II for February. I'd say theres always a shot as long as you don't definitively get a rejection from them.
Are you on Pre-II hold?

Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels nearby campus?
I stayed at the Lodge on the Desert and really recommend it! A little more on the expensive side though. Had free breakfast too

I got off of the waitlist last week and got an II for February. I'd say theres always a shot as long as you don't definitively get a rejection from them.
Are you on Pre-II hold?
Yup so anxious!! Especially because my SO lives in Tucson

Hello- the next round of acceptances will be the first week of February.

For students who are interviewing at the end of this week could we potentially hear back during this time frame as well, or will we not hear back initially until the end of February? Thanks for your time!

Just got the pre- II rejection after being on the interview waitlist since August. Good luck to everyone else!

For students who are interviewing at the end of this week could we potentially hear back during this time frame as well, or will we not hear back initially until the end of February? Thanks for your time!

For those interviewing this Saturday, you will not hear back from the us until mid to late February.

I also got the pre-II rejection. Complete 7/31, on hold on 10/9. LM 70-72, IS, veteran. Getting much more love from OOS schools for some reason.

Also got the pre-ii rejection, ouch! Good luck everyone else

II :) Super excited! IS, on waitlist since early October.

Edit: I just talked to an admissions rep, she was very very nice. For anyone interested, there are two remaining dates open - this Saturday and then February 21st. She also told me they have only accepted 84 students so far, so not to worry that you're just interviewing for the waitlist.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

Edit: I just talked to an admissions rep, she was very very nice. For anyone interested, there are two remaining dates open - this Saturday and then February 21st. She also told me they have only accepted 84 students so far, so not to worry that you're just interviewing for the waitlist.
Thanks for sharing, you’re awesome!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?