2019-2020 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also pre II R today.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone needing a place to stay that does not want to do student host or a hotel, that may be needing a ride or just anything related to the interview day and Tucson, shoot me a message. Wanna be there for you all that may be visiting Tucson and offer any help or advice that I can! :)

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
To add on to this, my friend called their admissions office and was told that UA would be offering about 6 more interviews.

Well, I'm pretty sure that ~6 people posted on this thread about still being in waitlist limbo, so I'd say that number sounds just about perfect to me.

But in all seriousness, a huge shout out to your friend for calling and getting the deets. That is the kind of go-getter we need in medicine.

Reactions: 4 users
I have a weird feeling those interviews will be sent out this week (probably Wed or Thurs). Hoping one of those 6 IIs is for me :nailbiting:

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I have a weird feeling those interviews will be sent out this week (probably Wed or Thurs). Hoping one of those 6 IIs is for me :nailbiting:
At my interview this past Saturday they did say they were planning on sending out the final batch of interviews this week! Fingers crossed for you and everyone else in this thread!!

At my interview this past Saturday they did say they were planning on sending out the final batch of interviews this week! Fingers crossed for you and everyone else in this thread!!
Did they say anything else? Regarding acceptance rates and things along those lines?

I wonder how many people are on their interview waitlist. I've been on it since 8/15 lol

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did they say how many people they’ve accepted?
They did not unfortunately. But earlier in this thread, I believe that the admissions commitee send they were accepting fewer people outright this year.

Reactions: 1 user
They notified P-MAP applicants of their status on Jan 24. Class size for P-MAP is 10 for this cycle, so the current count is at least 94.
Are you referring to the P-MAP students who are currently in the program and will be matriculating with the MD cohort currently interviewing? Or the PMAP applicants that start the PMAP program this fall?

Are you referring to the P-MAP students who are currently in the program and will be matriculating with the MD cohort currently interviewing? Or the PMAP applicants that start the PMAP program this fall?
Thank you for that question. The P-MAP class I was referring to was the one interviewed this current cycle. I just deleted the post to avoid confusion. It seems most of the active participants here applied for regular MD.

I hope I get good news in the next round I've been deferred so many times now. :/

Reactions: 5 users
I know the pre-reception said casual clothing is reccomended, but how do you guys interpret that? Especially ladies, what did you wear or are you going to wear? I'm thinking either dark wash jeans, a top, and casual blazer with flats, or a sweater with some casual slacks... not sure.

I know the pre-reception said casual clothing is reccomended, but how do you guys interpret that? Especially ladies, what did you wear or are you going to wear? I'm thinking either dark wash jeans, a top, and casual blazer with flats, or a sweater with some casual slacks... not sure.
The reception I went to had everything from yoga pants to a full suit... I think dark jeans/business casual is great! I’d wear comfortable shoes as there was a lot of standing/good amount of walking

The reception I went to had everything from yoga pants to a full suit... I think dark jeans/business casual is great! I’d wear comfortable shoes as there was a lot of standing/good amount of walking
Yoga pants?! wow. Thanks for the help!

Yoga pants?! wow. Thanks for the help!
There aren’t any admissions people there— only students! Nobody is taking notes on what you’re wearing or if you even attend the reception (if I’m remembering correctly)

What day of the week do acceptance/WL/R notices go out for those who have interviewed?

There aren’t any admissions people there— only students! Nobody is taking notes on what you’re wearing or if you even attend the reception (if I’m remembering correctly)
Yoga pants are not appropriate except in the gym or running casual errands. Best to keep those at home - you really never know who is there and some students are on the committee and report back.

What day of the week do acceptance/WL/R notices go out for those who have interviewed?
Acceptances are usually sent out on Fridays. We do not send rejections for people who have interviewed until March. Our next round of acceptances will happen on 02.07.2020. Those that have recently interviewed (01.25 and 01.31) will not go to committee until next week. They will not get a decision for another few weeks.

Acceptances are usually sent out on Fridays. We do not send rejections for people who have interviewed until March. Our next round of acceptances will happen on 02.07.2020. Those that have recently interviewed (01.25 and 01.31) will not go to committee until next week. They will not get a decision for another few weeks.

Is the school still sending out Interview Invites? Thanks!

Reactions: 3 users
Whether we get II or Rs this week, love you all! It’s been fun hanging out here.

Reactions: 16 users
For anyone who doesn’t get in, don’t feel disheartened. UA-T: The #1 hardest school to get into, with a 1.9% acceptance rate.

Adjustments.JPG

Full list here: https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-medical-schools/hardest-to-get-into-rankings

Edited to add: Apparently the internet can't make up its mind. I have to wonder if things like the below posting are partially to blame for the sky-rocketing number of applicants which caused the acceptance rate above...

1.JPG
2.JPG

"Article": 10 Easiest Medical Schools to Get Into – USA TODAY Classifieds

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Looks like they sent out some IIs... interview tracker went from 494 to 499.

• Sad
  • Okay...
Reactions: 4 users
Spoke with admissions today and was informed that next week will be the last week they send out interviews and start sending out rejections

Reactions: 7 users
Spoke with admissions today and was informed that next week will be the last week they send out interviews and start sending out rejections
Did they say how many more interviews they would give out next week?

really hoping to hear back today, interviewed mid November. sending out positive vibes to us all! :xf:

It seems like more interview invites were sent out recently. UA Admissions Tracker as of today, Feb 7, 2020: 494 -> 499

Accepted this morning! :horns:
Same here! Congratulations! To everyone who is still waiting, Keep your head up!!! there is still time in the cycle. Wishing everyone the best!

• Love
just got my third "you were not accepted this round but are still an active candidate" email, interviewed mid November. congrats to everyone who was accepted today though!!

just got my third "you were not accepted this round but are still an active candidate" email, interviewed mid November. congrats to everyone who was accepted today though!!

Same here, keep faith and fingers crossed! Anybody know when the next round of acceptances are going out?

Anyone out of state receive an acceptance?

Accepted this morning! :horns:

Same here! Interviewed first interview session in August. Had like 5 or 6 "you were not accepted this round but are still an active candidate" emails. So for those of you that keep getting them, stay positive!

Same here! Interviewed first interview session in August. Had like 5 or 6 "you were not accepted this round but are still an active candidate" emails. So for those of you that keep getting them, stay positive!
Oh that must have felt amazing. I’m sitting on 5 since interviewing. Congratulations!