2019-2020 Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the Pre-II R a little over a week ago. RIP. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Big Fat R just now!

File Complete: 9/30
Submitted: 9/4

Good luck to everyone still in the running/interviewing :)

Hi All! I’ve been complete since 09/04 have not heard anything, is it still too late for interviews? Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they provide interview feedback?

This strikes me as something that most schools do not do, however you can always call your admissions counselor and ask. You have nothing to lose from asking!

Hi All! I’ve been complete since 09/04 have not heard anything, is it still too late for interviews? Thanks!

If you haven't been rejected, it is never too late to be the last person invited for an interview ;)

I was complete 7/31 and just got my interview last week. At the time they only had dates available to early February, and IIRC they continue interviewing throughout March. So yes there are definitely a lot of interviews invites to be handed out, and don’t forget a lot of those will be promptly withdrawn!

Can anyone that has interviewed and flew out right afterward attest to a good departure time from ORD? Tryna figure out what times I should be booking for

Can anyone that has interviewed and flew out right afterward attest to a good departure time from ORD? Tryna figure out what times I should be booking for
I’d say if you’re super conservative (like me), 4-4:30 should be fine. That’s only if you stay til the end of the lunch social (usually tails off around 1:30pm). Otherwise, you could get away with booking an earlier flight. I didn’t experience a ton of traffic to ORD on my way back, but this of course varies.

does anyone know if Rosalind franklin still has any interview spots left? or if they are sending out interview invites anymore? Can you tell that I hate waiting? lmao

Withdrew my II today, good luck to yall!

Is there any news on the alternate list? I am getting a bit worried. I have an interview coming up and was wondering if anybody has been accepted after December 23rd, or is everybody just getting put on the alternate list now?

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know if Rosalind franklin still has any interview spots left? or if they are sending out interview invites anymore? Can you tell that I hate waiting? lmao

I was complete 7/31 and just got my interview last week. At the time they only had dates available to early February, and IIRC they continue interviewing throughout March. So yes there are definitely a lot of interviews invites to be handed out, and don’t forget a lot of those will be promptly withdrawn!

Is there any news on the alternate list? I am getting a bit worried. I have an interview coming up and was wondering if anybody has been accepted after December 23rd, or is everybody just getting put on the alternate list now?

+1 I havent heard anything either, hoping for the best!

Withdrew my interview for Rosalind Franklin. I hope it goes to a local applicant!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed here yesterday. Was very impressed and enjoyed it overall!

II on 2/5! Must be some spots left, keep hope yall!

Just received an II here! Not sure if I'll be attending or not

Post interview rejection today, my first one woooohhh

• Sad
Accepted!!! My first A of the cycle, after 6 WLs and 1 post-II R. Interviewed 12/10, placed on the alternate list 12/20

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Got in off the waitlist! Interviewed late nov, waitlisted mid Dec.

weird process they do...

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted today! Interviewed 1/23. I will be declining my acceptance so I hope it goes to someone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 8 users
Alternate listed today, staying hopeful!

people that got accepted, did you send any letters after you got WL?

i did not send any updates, period. Also, don’t freak if you get an email just saying “Status Update” - they tell you to check your portal, and for me it was an A.

i did not send any updates, period. Also, don’t freak if you get an email just saying “Status Update” - they tell you to check your portal, and for me it was an A.
Does anyone know how many people are put on the alternate list and how many people get offered a spot?

Accepted! Interviewed 1/28

Does anyone know how it works if you are accepted somewhere else but are still on the waitlist past May 1st? Can schools see if you're on the waitlist and rescind you?

Does anyone know how it works if you are accepted somewhere else but are still on the waitlist past May 1st? Can schools see if you're on the waitlist and rescind you?

No, they only see that you are accepted to schools. Can hold as many waitlists as you want.

Does anyone know if sending additional LORs to the adcom when WLed will help or hurt your status?

Does anyone know if sending additional LORs to the adcom when WLed will help or hurt your status?

I am pretty sure they don't accept ANY updates except IA, felonies, etc... so I would doubt sending a LOR would help.

My girlfriend applied here and got a complete email way back last fall. However, just today she got an email that her application is being withdrawn because it is incomplete. She has emailed back inquiring why it is marked as incomplete despite the complete email.

I’m here to inquire if she should remain in contact with Rosalind if they are still sending out interview invites to see if she can get her application reviews. Till when does their interview season last?