Dec 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I’m supposed to be interviewing here next week and I’m surprised they haven’t cancelled it yet. I’m a little nervous as I’d be coming from a relative corona hotspot. Anyone else supposed to be interviewing here this week?
I am too! I’m not necessarily from a super hot spot, and I would be driving so I suppose it is relatively low risk. However, since there are people coming from all over the country, flying, taking trains and buses etc and I feel it is strange they haven’t canceled. Perhaps we will hear from them this week?

Last edited:
About the Ads
May 25, 2018
Looks like my interview was just cancelled! Gonna do a zoom interview.

I understand the virus concerns (also hella scared), but I am also a little worried about the quality of online interviews compared to in-person interviews. Are those of us who are in this remaining interview batch at a disadvantage compared to those who interviewed in-person? :(

Dec 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I understand the virus concerns (also hella scared), but I am also a little worried about the quality of online interviews compared to in-person interviews. Are those of us who are in this remaining interview batch at a disadvantage compared to those who interviewed in-person? :(
Unfortunately there is no good answer to this and it’s totally out of our control. Could be a disadvantage, an advantage, who knows. Very stressful and certainly not ideal. However, what I DO know is that this is not ideal for the adcom either and they totally understand this is out of our control, so I think they will do everything that they can to judge us fairly and take these circumstances into consideration!

rmw07001

5+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2014
Hartford, CT
Status
Pre-Medical
Looks like my interview was just cancelled! Gonna do a zoom interview.
mine too.

Dear _____,

Out of an abundance of caution due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have decided to modify our upcoming interview day and will not hold any events in-person here on campus. We will have a webinar at 9am EST in lieu of our planned Information Session and will conduct all interviews via Zoom video conferencing between the hours of 1-3:30pm EST. We will be in touch on Tuesday with your schedule and the necessary links for both the Information Session and interviews.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but know this is the right decision as we all work together to manage the COVID-19 pandemic.

Thank you for your interest in Geisel. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

C6H12O6.glider

2+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I also have to conduct mine through zoom...this should certainly be interesting. I was concerned about the virus, but I do wish that we could have gone in person somehow. I LOVE it there! Fingers crossed that we all still get to go in person for the next 4 years starting this fall :) Good luck everyone! Don't think about whether you're at a disadvantage or not, focus on the fact that we still get to complete our interviews and we really want to be there....in person or over video, your excitement will come through and they'll be able to make the call. WE GOT THIS! Woohoo!

tessellations

just your friendly neighborhood mast cell
2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2015
Sassachusetts
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Just got mine about 15 min ago. I think they are running a bit behind.

Reactions: TheDataKing
About the Ads
Mar 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Did anyone get the zoom link for the morning info session? I received the email with my specific interview links, but I'm left in the dark about the morning...
+1 never got a second email

Reactions: tessellations
About the Ads

InfectiousLaughter

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Jul 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone seen the match list for this year yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PapayaJambalaya

iceberg413

2+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone seen the match list for this year yet?

I haven't seen the list posted on their usual page, but they posted a video which is easily google-able. Didn't want to post here because they're not de-identified.

Oct 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone lined up for interviewing tomorrow, the 26th? Have you guys received any info? Received a prior email saying they would send one on the 24th with info, but didn't see anything in my inbox. The delay is totally understandable with everything going on, but just wanted to reach out to see if anyone else is in the same boat.

broncos4231

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2018
Anyone lined up for interviewing tomorrow, the 26th? Have you guys received any info? Received a prior email saying they would send one on the 24th with info, but didn't see anything in my inbox. The delay is totally understandable with everything going on, but just wanted to reach out to see if anyone else is in the same boat.
I interviewed last week and got my Zoom interview links the night before around 6:30PM (eastern) and the information session link the morning of.. not ideal but you shouldn't worry!

Oct 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed last week and got my Zoom interview links the night before around 6:30PM (eastern) and the information session link the morning of.. not ideal but you shouldn't worry!
Yup yup, just received an email. :) Thanks a lot!

Dec 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Did anyone who interviewed last week get an email for another info session tomorrow? Think it may have been a mistake

abcezas123

2+ Year Member
May 21, 2015
3rd year at Geisel. Drop by here around about this time each year to encourage you all to keep at it!!

I know how much of a slog med school apps and interview season can be. I can't imagine how much more crazy and unpredictable it must have been for you lot this year with the global crisis going on. But this is for those of you who feel burned out before med school even began, for those who are on waiting lists anxious to get off, and for those who are getting so used to rejection after rejection that you don't even feel it anymore (PS I was all of the above). It took almost a full year for me to be accepted to Geisel - submitted my primary in June, secondary in July, interviewed on the last interview day in March, waitlisted in April, and was accepted in May. Don't give up!! There's a reason why you all decided to pursue medicine - remember that reason, believe in it, and most of all believe in yourself. If this is truly something you want, don't let anything stop you. If this season doesn't happen work out, that's perfectly ok - it doesn't make you a failure or any less of an awesome person. Reevaluate and improve yourself, try again, or pursue other avenues that are meaningful to you. Medicine is not the be all and end all, but if you want it to happen, it WILL happen. Best of luck!!

About the Ads

InfectiousLaughter

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Jul 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone who interviewed last fall still in silence?
During my interview day they said the vast majority of applicants will hear back in early April. They explained that they score the applications after the interviews, and only initially accept a handful of people that exceed a particular score in order to prevent anyone who interviews late from being negatively impacted. Then once they have finished most they gradually lower the score threshold for acceptances and the bulk of their class is let in that way. Hopefully everyone should hear back the next week or two! I received my decision on a Friday, which seems to have been a common trend, so maybe tomorrow!

About the Ads