May 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
anyone know when the next batch of acceptances might be? also is it through email?
Your guess is as good as mine. I hope it's soon. I interviewed in early December and they told my interview cohort early April, so we might be in for a wait.

Reactions: BringBackDerek2k20

Cardiacmriiiii

2+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
do we get Ipads? LOL

Reactions: kkweens
About the Ads
Oct 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Your guess is as good as mine. I hope it's soon. I interviewed in early December and they told my interview cohort early April, so we might be in for a wait.
I interviewed back in September and was told I may not hear anything until March (which I haven’t). I think it’s fair to say they might be a little slow to get back to you.

Reactions: klutzyangel1
May 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Accepted just now!!! I absolutely loved Geisel. Some of the friendliest people I’ve met :)

About the Ads

InfectiousLaughter

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Jul 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Also accepted via email today. Interviewed in February.

Will almost definitely be attending :) Congrats to the others who have been accepted, and best of luck to those who are still waiting to hear. Dartmouth is a really special place, and I can’t wait to meet those of you who become my future classmates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone remember the details for how financial aid works here? I remember how they talked about the minimum base loan but don’t remember the specifics.

May 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed back in September and was told I may not hear anything until March (which I haven’t). I think it’s fair to say they might be a little slow to get back to you.
I noticed today acceptances were given out to people who interviewed fairly recently. How are my 2019 interviewed peeps holding up? Anybody receive an acceptance or hear back? I interviewed in early December and they told us early April, but some people who interviewed in February heard back today...

Nov 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I noticed today acceptances were given out to people who interviewed fairly recently. How are my 2019 interviewed peeps holding up? Anybody receive an acceptance or hear back? I interviewed in early December and they told us early April, but some people who interviewed in February heard back today...
At my February 27th interview, they explained that the committee meets every Thursday and applicants are given a score. Based on the score, a small few will be accepted at that time. However, the vast majority of people at this point will be looked at again first week of April once all applicants have been scored once and a minimum acceptance score will be determined and everyone over that score will be accepted. I don't know if that system applies to early December applicants. But I would guess your application didn't score in the top like 5% percent of interviewees who get the early acceptance and you'll have to wait to hear like the majority of applicants once a minimum threshold score is determined in first week of April.

Cardiacmriiiii

2+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Anyone know if second look is gonna get cancelled?

Mar 5, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical, Medical Student, Medical Student (Accepted)
At my February 27th interview, they explained that the committee meets every Thursday and applicants are given a score. Based on the score, a small few will be accepted at that time. However, the vast majority of people at this point will be looked at again first week of April once all applicants have been scored once and a minimum acceptance score will be determined and everyone over that score will be accepted. I don't know if that system applies to early December applicants. But I would guess your application didn't score in the top like 5% percent of interviewees who get the early acceptance and you'll have to wait to hear like the majority of applicants once a minimum threshold score is determined in first week of April.
Agree I also heard this as well! I interviewed on 2/20 and did not hear anything yesterday, so I believe my app will be evaluated at the end of this month/early April along with the majority of other applicants.

Reactions: lizbrown1
Jun 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Also accepted by email this past Friday, interviewed 02/06/20.

Anybody else weirded out by the wording of their Offer Reply? I assume that even though replying to the acceptance requires you to say you plan to matriculate, in reality your final decision is still made in the AAMC portal, correct?

About the Ads

NikoBz

He moʻolelo ia e hoʻopau ai i ka moʻolelo holoʻoko
Jul 14, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Not to worry, it's non binding

Etopn23

7+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2010
Status
WL - Withdrew my application.

I don't think you can be waitlisted without interviewing rn_to_doc

Nov 13, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Ah that makes sense. Some schools do a “hold” so I wasn’t sure if that was the case. Too late in the season for that to happen, now that I actually think through it. Thanks for the info and best of luck to you both!

kyleekyle

2+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Waitlisted as well! Interviewed back in September. It was a lovely school, but I don't think it was a great fit mostly due to location. Probably going to withdraw

About the Ads
May 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Waitlisted. Interviewed 12/5.

Mar 5, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical, Medical Student, Medical Student (Accepted)
Also waitlisted! Deciding what to do about staying on or not

u_raptor

Victim of the Mayo bamboozle
2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Did everyone get WL at the same time or is this a rolling thing

Apr 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Waitlisting, staying on, crossing fingers! Loved this place and the people :)

best of luck everyone!

Aug 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Waitlisted, staying on. Interviewed late November.

Appears to be rolling throughout the morning.

Reactions: TheDataKing
Apr 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Waitlisted, interviewed 2/20. Anyone remember how mobile they said this waitlist was?
I interviewed 2/20 too! I think they said it’s usually about 100 people. I don’t know how much movement there usually is (probably has changed a lot due to amcas rule changes)

InfectiousLaughter

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Jul 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Waitlisted, interviewed 2/20. Anyone remember how mobile they said this waitlist was?
At my interview date they said they usually accept ~270, WL ~270, and Reject ~100 post interview. According to whichever year’s data is represented on USNWR there were 278 total offers of admission made that year (which I believe is the sum of initial acceptances and offers extended to initially waitlisted applicants).

Of course all of these numbers could be different year to year. They did specifically mention that there has only been one year that they can remember where they didn’t really dip into the waitlist. I hope that data is at least somewhat helpful. Best of luck to those who got the WL today who would like to attend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dundermifflinthisispam

2+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2017
Waitlisted, interviewed on 2/6/20, fingers crossed for everyone hit with the WL today!

Jul 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
waitlisted! interviewed in october. i interviewed for MD-PhD though, so does this mean I'm MD-only now? I never heard anything about an MD-PhD decision.

Reactions: TheDataKing

u_raptor

Victim of the Mayo bamboozle
2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
WL. Finally got it lol

tessellations

just your friendly neighborhood mast cell
2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2015
Sassachusetts
Status
I’m supposed to be interviewing here next week and I’m surprised they haven’t cancelled it yet. I’m a little nervous as I’d be coming from a relative corona hotspot. Anyone else supposed to be interviewing here this week?

About the Ads