2019-2020 Dartmouth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted just now!!! I absolutely loved Geisel. Some of the friendliest people I’ve met :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Notified via email. Interviewed last week 2/27 (thus am in shock rn...).

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Also accepted via email today. Interviewed in February.

Will almost definitely be attending :) Congrats to the others who have been accepted, and best of luck to those who are still waiting to hear. Dartmouth is a really special place, and I can’t wait to meet those of you who become my future classmates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone remember the details for how financial aid works here? I remember how they talked about the minimum base loan but don’t remember the specifics.

I interviewed back in September and was told I may not hear anything until March (which I haven’t). I think it’s fair to say they might be a little slow to get back to you.
I noticed today acceptances were given out to people who interviewed fairly recently. How are my 2019 interviewed peeps holding up? Anybody receive an acceptance or hear back? I interviewed in early December and they told us early April, but some people who interviewed in February heard back today...

I noticed today acceptances were given out to people who interviewed fairly recently. How are my 2019 interviewed peeps holding up? Anybody receive an acceptance or hear back? I interviewed in early December and they told us early April, but some people who interviewed in February heard back today...
At my February 27th interview, they explained that the committee meets every Thursday and applicants are given a score. Based on the score, a small few will be accepted at that time. However, the vast majority of people at this point will be looked at again first week of April once all applicants have been scored once and a minimum acceptance score will be determined and everyone over that score will be accepted. I don't know if that system applies to early December applicants. But I would guess your application didn't score in the top like 5% percent of interviewees who get the early acceptance and you'll have to wait to hear like the majority of applicants once a minimum threshold score is determined in first week of April.

Reactions: 1 users
At my February 27th interview, they explained that the committee meets every Thursday and applicants are given a score. Based on the score, a small few will be accepted at that time. However, the vast majority of people at this point will be looked at again first week of April once all applicants have been scored once and a minimum acceptance score will be determined and everyone over that score will be accepted. I don't know if that system applies to early December applicants. But I would guess your application didn't score in the top like 5% percent of interviewees who get the early acceptance and you'll have to wait to hear like the majority of applicants once a minimum threshold score is determined in first week of April.
Agree I also heard this as well! I interviewed on 2/20 and did not hear anything yesterday, so I believe my app will be evaluated at the end of this month/early April along with the majority of other applicants.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also accepted by email this past Friday, interviewed 02/06/20.

Anybody else weirded out by the wording of their Offer Reply? I assume that even though replying to the acceptance requires you to say you plan to matriculate, in reality your final decision is still made in the AAMC portal, correct?

Not to worry, it's non binding

Anyone know when we might expect financial aid packages to come out?

Waitlisted. Withdrawing my application. Good luck to all :)

WL - Withdrew my application.

I don't think you can be waitlisted without interviewing rn_to_doc

• Sad
Ah that makes sense. Some schools do a “hold” so I wasn’t sure if that was the case. Too late in the season for that to happen, now that I actually think through it. Thanks for the info and best of luck to you both!

Waitlisted as well! Interviewed back in September. It was a lovely school, but I don't think it was a great fit mostly due to location. Probably going to withdraw

Did everyone get WL at the same time or is this a rolling thing

I also got waitlisted just now (an hour after the first person)

• Sad
Waitlisted > Withdrew

Waitlisting, staying on, crossing fingers! Loved this place and the people :)

best of luck everyone!

Waitlisted, staying on. Interviewed late November.

Appears to be rolling throughout the morning.

Waitlisted, interviewed 2/20. Anyone remember how mobile they said this waitlist was?

Waitlisted, interviewed 2/20. Anyone remember how mobile they said this waitlist was?
I interviewed 2/20 too! I think they said it’s usually about 100 people. I don’t know how much movement there usually is (probably has changed a lot due to amcas rule changes)

At my interview date they said they usually accept ~270, WL ~270, and Reject ~100 post interview. According to whichever year’s data is represented on USNWR there were 278 total offers of admission made that year (which I believe is the sum of initial acceptances and offers extended to initially waitlisted applicants).

Of course all of these numbers could be different year to year. They did specifically mention that there has only been one year that they can remember where they didn’t really dip into the waitlist. I hope that data is at least somewhat helpful. Best of luck to those who got the WL today who would like to attend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Wait listed.

Interviewed in September. Please take me T.T, I can't take it anymore...

Waitlisted, interviewed on 2/6/20, fingers crossed for everyone hit with the WL today!

waitlisted! interviewed in october. i interviewed for MD-PhD though, so does this mean I'm MD-only now? I never heard anything about an MD-PhD decision.

WL. Finally got it lol

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
I’m supposed to be interviewing here next week and I’m surprised they haven’t cancelled it yet. I’m a little nervous as I’d be coming from a relative corona hotspot. Anyone else supposed to be interviewing here this week?

I’m supposed to be interviewing here next week and I’m surprised they haven’t cancelled it yet. I’m a little nervous as I’d be coming from a relative corona hotspot. Anyone else supposed to be interviewing here this week?
I'm also interviewing this week. I'm going to reach out to the admission office.

I am too! I’m not necessarily from a super hot spot, and I would be driving so I suppose it is relatively low risk. However, since there are people coming from all over the country, flying, taking trains and buses etc and I feel it is strange they haven’t canceled. Perhaps we will hear from them this week?

Last edited:
Looks like my interview was just cancelled! Gonna do a zoom interview.

Reactions: 3 users

I understand the virus concerns (also hella scared), but I am also a little worried about the quality of online interviews compared to in-person interviews. Are those of us who are in this remaining interview batch at a disadvantage compared to those who interviewed in-person? :(

I understand the virus concerns (also hella scared), but I am also a little worried about the quality of online interviews compared to in-person interviews. Are those of us who are in this remaining interview batch at a disadvantage compared to those who interviewed in-person? :(

Unfortunately there is no good answer to this and it’s totally out of our control. Could be a disadvantage, an advantage, who knows. Very stressful and certainly not ideal. However, what I DO know is that this is not ideal for the adcom either and they totally understand this is out of our control, so I think they will do everything that they can to judge us fairly and take these circumstances into consideration!

Reactions: 2 users
mine too.

Dear _____,

Out of an abundance of caution due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have decided to modify our upcoming interview day and will not hold any events in-person here on campus. We will have a webinar at 9am EST in lieu of our planned Information Session and will conduct all interviews via Zoom video conferencing between the hours of 1-3:30pm EST. We will be in touch on Tuesday with your schedule and the necessary links for both the Information Session and interviews.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but know this is the right decision as we all work together to manage the COVID-19 pandemic.

Thank you for your interest in Geisel. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

I also have to conduct mine through zoom...this should certainly be interesting. I was concerned about the virus, but I do wish that we could have gone in person somehow. I LOVE it there! Fingers crossed that we all still get to go in person for the next 4 years starting this fall :) Good luck everyone! Don't think about whether you're at a disadvantage or not, focus on the fact that we still get to complete our interviews and we really want to be there....in person or over video, your excitement will come through and they'll be able to make the call. WE GOT THIS! Woohoo!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone interviewing tomorrow received a zoom link yet? I'm getting anxious...