Sep 27, 2018
My app just went on re-review yesterday after being on hold for several months. Not sure if it’ll turn into an II but at least they’re looking at on-hold people!!
what does the message on your front page say now? is there a different message from the hold message?

About the Ads
Feb 5, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
I did the early assurance program back in Sophomore Year (17-18 academic year). Just got my official acceptance last week. Currently filling out the Financial Aid forms. Anyone attending the second look day willing to grab coffee?

Feb 5, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
I just received the email about the second look event for accepted students. What are folks' opinions about going to it? Current GW students, would you recommend attending to it? Also, any idea what time it started and ended in the previous years?
I think It's an all day kind of thing.

FuturePedsDoc1993

2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Does GW accept post-II updates? I interviewed 12/17 and haven't heard back yet but I recently have an accepted manuscript at a pretty good journal. Not sure if it would be beneficial to update them now or just wait for my decision?

Oct 17, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does GW accept post-II updates? I interviewed 12/17 and haven't heard back yet but I recently have an accepted manuscript at a pretty good journal. Not sure if it would be beneficial to update them now or just wait for my decision?
Yes! They even say in their website in the after-interview FAQ that they encourage you to send them updates. You could also wait until the decision, up to you.

Congrats on your manuscript!!!!

Reactions: FuturePedsDoc1993

FuturePedsDoc1993

2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Yes! They even say in their website in the after-interview FAQ that they encourage you to send them updates. You could also wait until the decision, up to you.

Congrats on your manuscript!!!!
Thank you so much! Just updated them.

• Love
Reactions: Toffy123
Sep 16, 2018
Status
Medical Student
I think It's an all day kind of thing.
Hi, current MS1 here! I would recommend going to Second Look Day if you’re able. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about GW, meet current students, connect with potential future classmates, learn about student organizations, and just generally explore if GW is the right place for you. The event starts in the morning, I believe around 8:30 and ends in the evening after a reception. It’s a full day event, but you have some breaks throughout the day to explore on your own some if you want to! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Reactions: dsproul13 and Morc
Nov 12, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Accepted students: did you send a letter of continued interest or intent after you interviewed? If so, when? (Just wondering if this is something I should consider doing)

Jun 13, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Accepted students: did you send a letter of continued interest or intent after you interviewed? If so, when? (Just wondering if this is something I should consider doing)
I was pulled aside at the end of the interview and directly asked if I could see myself at GWU, which I answered yes. The person running the day then told me that I should send in a letter of interest. I sent that letter in three days later breaking down things I learned on interview day and what I liked about it. I was accepted a few weeks later.

I think with the interview pool being quite large (1100+) it would be smart to send a Letter of interest if it’s a top tier choice for you.

Jun 10, 2018
California
Status
Pre-Medical
I did send an update that included a paragraph on my interest in GW

Reactions: banana1998
About the Ads
Nov 12, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I was pulled aside at the end of the interview and directly asked if I could see myself at GWU, which I answered yes. The person running the day then told me that I should send in a letter of interest. I sent that letter in three days later breaking down things I learned on interview day and what I liked about it. I was accepted a few weeks later.

I think with the interview pool being quite large (1100+) it would be smart to send a Letter of interest if it’s a top tier choice for you.
thank you so much, that's super helpful! I'll send one in ASAP. It's been almost a month so hopefully that's not too late

Nov 18, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Just got an II for next Thursday 2/13! (I live in DC)
Congrats on the interview! That’s awesome!! I was wondering if you were on hold first and if so, did you notice if/how long you went on re-review? I’m on re-review now and hoping I can follow in your footsteps and snag the II

Reactions: dcneuro13

dj96

2+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
did anyone interview on 12/19 I have a specific question about one of our presenters from that day??

VaishS

2+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Can anyone please tell me what dates are available for interviews?
no one can tell you what dates are available because in the invitation email they assign you to a specific date, its not calendar style like other schools. But my date was end of feb so they are at least until then. they also said to email if the assigned date doesn't work so it seems that they have later dates to reschedule to so I would guess interviews go to early/mid march atleast

Jul 1, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Congrats on the interview! That’s awesome!! I was wondering if you were on hold first and if so, did you notice if/how long you went on re-review? I’m on re-review now and hoping I can follow in your footsteps and snag the II
I submitted 7/28 and was put on re-review the first week of September and then again in November. Sent an Update letter on December 10th!

About the Ads
Aug 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone have the MSAR data for GWU? I've heard they interview a ton but I am wondering what their conversion rates are for Applications>Interviews>Acceptances>Matriculants

Jul 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Does anyone have the MSAR data for GWU? I've heard they interview a ton but I am wondering what their conversion rates are for Applications>Interviews>Acceptances>Matriculants
I don’t have it but it’s been posted a bunch if you scroll back.

I think it’s like 12,000+ > 1000 > 350 > 160

Don’t quote me these are just numbers off the top of my head.

edit: also if you search up limeyguydr this person compiled a super helpful list of stuff. This person’s Username howerever changed to spreadsheetking or something like that I forget what it is now tho lol

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical

stats?

HighYieldOnly

premed killa -> killa docta?
Jun 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Just got a last minute II for next Tuesday!!! Going to be an expensive trip but totally worth it :)

Feb 3, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Haven't heard back from GW since submitting my secondary on 8/22. Is there still a chance that I might get an interview? When do they interview until? Do they do silent rejections?

Thanks!

About the Ads
Jul 21, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
alternate students: did you receive an email asking you to update the portal if you are still interested in staying on the alternate list? it said to include a statement of interest...I wrote like 2 seconds and then realized- damn, was that supposed to be a legit LOI? oop

Sep 24, 2019
Status
Medical Student
alternate students: did you receive an email asking you to update the portal if you are still interested in staying on the alternate list? it said to include a statement of interest...I wrote like 2 seconds and then realized- damn, was that supposed to be a legit LOI? oop
I got that too! Surprised that no one else is talking about it. I'm also confused if it is supposed to be a legit LOI

Reactions: catladybutnormal
Nov 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Yes, I did! I didn't write my statement of interest yet and was thinking it should only be like a mini letter of interest but I was going to ask y'all what your thoughts were on this so i don't mess it up lol

Jul 21, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Yes, I did! I didn't write my statement of interest yet and was thinking it should only be like a mini letter of interest but I was going to ask y'all what your thoughts were on this so i don't mess it up lol
idk what planet I was on but I just submitted a couple sentences without thinking!! I'm sick and have bad brain fog lol. I hope that's fine. I'm sure they don't need a 1 page essay on why their school at this point lol. clearly im desperate and very interested!!!!!

Oct 28, 2019
I already submitted a letter of interest to this school. Should I write another letter of interest which is different or should I call the admissions staff to ask about it? I don't want to repeat myself. Any help is appreciated!

Jul 21, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I already submitted a letter of interest to this school. Should I write another letter of interest which is different or should I call the admissions staff to ask about it? I don't want to repeat myself. Any help is appreciated!
I’d just briefly reiterate your interest, since you already submitted an official one. But you can also ask just in case!

Reactions: BeingForItself

Polarbare50

7+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2011
Out to sea
Status
Pre-Medical
idk what planet I was on but I just submitted a couple sentences without thinking!! I'm sick and have bad brain fog lol. I hope that's fine. I'm sure they don't need a 1 page essay on why their school at this point lol. clearly im desperate and very interested!!!!!
Honestly, if this is one of your top choices, I would amend it and write a longer LOI. Reason being- they take a lot of students off the waitlist and they will look at these letters as an indicator of your interest. If I were an Ad Com, I would want students who clearly want to come here and part of that feeling (fair or not), would be based on your letter.

You also want to feel like you gave it your best shot and have no regrets. That way, if you don't get an offer, there isn't a "what if" moment.

Polarbare50

7+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2011
Out to sea
Status
Pre-Medical
No harm in calling their office first.

CaptainWEMT

Directorate of Disgruntled Cat Toys
2+ Year Member
May 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I haven't written my statement yet but I'm planning on doing a full Letter of intent.

Jul 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I did not but I've heard that they are receptive to them

Reactions: banana1998
Jul 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi, current MS1 here! I would recommend going to Second Look Day if you’re able. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about GW, meet current students, connect with potential future classmates, learn about student organizations, and just generally explore if GW is the right place for you. The event starts in the morning, I believe around 8:30 and ends in the evening after a reception. It’s a full day event, but you have some breaks throughout the day to explore on your own some if you want to! Let me know if you have any other questions!
If you already know that you are 100% going then is it still necessary to attend 2nd look day? Attending would mean I have to miss my most important class for the semester (including the lab for said class) so I'm a little hesitant to attend. Out of the people in your class, what % would you say went to 2nd look day?

Jul 21, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Honestly, if this is one of your top choices, I would amend it and write a longer LOI. Reason being- they take a lot of students off the waitlist and they will look at these letters as an indicator of your interest. If I were an Ad Com, I would want students who clearly want to come here and part of that feeling (fair or not), would be based on your letter.

You also want to feel like you gave it your best shot and have no regrets. That way, if you don't get an offer, there isn't a "what if" moment.
Yeah, I will definitely write another letter by March 20 (the deadline they gave for this update). I felt that this update was just to re-confirm our spot on the waiting list, and to make sure our contact info was updated. Or at least that’s how I took it. They said to respond ASAP, which I did. There’s always room to write more later!

Reactions: Mondungus
Sep 16, 2018
Status
Medical Student
If you already know that you are 100% going then is it still necessary to attend 2nd look day? Attending would mean I have to miss my most important class for the semester (including the lab for said class) so I'm a little hesitant to attend. Out of the people in your class, what % would you say went to 2nd look day?
If it would be really inconvenient for you to go, definitely don’t feel pressure to make it. It’s mainly just an informative day to help people make their decisions and get people excited about attending GW. It’s also a fun opportunity to meet future classmates and faculty. All of the info that you will need you will get whether or not you go to 2nd Look Day, so don’t stress about it! I’m not sure what percent of my class went last year, but probably only 50-75%, maybe even less. It’s not really a thing that people talk about after the fact, unless they recognize people from that day.

Polarbare50

7+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2011
Out to sea
Status
Pre-Medical
If it would be really inconvenient for you to go, definitely don’t feel pressure to make it. It’s mainly just an informative day to help people make their decisions and get people excited about attending GW. It’s also a fun opportunity to meet future classmates and faculty. All of the info that you will need you will get whether or not you go to 2nd Look Day, so don’t stress about it! I’m not sure what percent of my class went last year, but probably only 50-75%, maybe even less. It’s not really a thing that people talk about after the fact, unless they recognize people from that day.

I take it you weren't a Tar Heel MD? Haha.

About the Ads