2019-2020 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else having problems accessing the application portal? I am trying to withdraw my acceptance.
tell them to give me your acceptance! specifically, me!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Is anyone else having problems accessing the application portal? I am trying to withdraw my acceptance.
If you click on “Offer Response” under the tab “Admissions Decision”, you’ll see you have two options on either accepting the offer or declining the offer and withdrawing your application.

interview in september, waitlisted for SCP. Is it acceptable for me to email and ask when I could expect to hear a regular admissions decision? I am just really tired of waiting especially since my interview was 6 months ago

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
interview in september, waitlisted for SCP. Is it acceptable for me to email and ask when I could expect to hear a regular admissions decision? I am just really tired of waiting especially since my interview was 6 months ago

According to last years thread, they will send people placed on the waitlist an email around the same time of the month as usual in April. After waitlist people get an email the rejection emails seemed to follow pretty close behind. I’d assume it would be the same this cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to last years thread, they will send people placed on the waitlist an email around the same time of the month as usual in April. After waitlist people get an email the rejection emails seemed to follow pretty close behind. I’d assume it would be the same this cycle

By any chance, do you happen to know when that is? I have not found it.

I saw people post that they got an email last year on April 18 I believe when I looked through the thread last week

Thank you. I appreciate it. I guess I'll stay optimistic until the end.

Reactions: 1 user

This is the first year of the SCP program though, right? I haven't been waitlisted for regular admissions yet, i Havent heard anything about regular admissions after 6 months

Anyone know where I can find info on the SCP priority placement? Can’t seem to find it on the website anymore...

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the first year of the SCP program though, right? I haven't been waitlisted for regular admissions yet, i Havent heard anything about regular admissions after 6 months

I think this is the first year for SCP. Since you’re on the waitlist for SCP already idk if they would also waitlist you for RD in April as well or not. I’m sure you’ll probably get some form of communication in April though. It’s just a strange situation to me that you’re waitlisted for the SCP and now they’re done sending RD decisions except waitlist and rejections. It’ll be interesting to see how they go about it

I think this is the first year for SCP. Since you’re on the waitlist for SCP already idk if they would also waitlist you for RD in April as well or not. I’m sure you’ll probably get some form of communication in April though. It’s just a strange situation to me that you’re waitlisted for the SCP and now they’re done sending RD decisions except waitlist and rejections. It’ll be interesting to see how they go about it

It’s especially interesting since it looks like everyone who was rejected SCP was accepted regular decision :) like I’d rather be accepted regular MD than have to wait for 6 months like they’re making us do!

It’s especially interesting since it looks like everyone who was rejected SCP was accepted regular decision :) like I’d rather be accepted regular MD than have to wait for 6 months like they’re making us do!

Just to add a data point, I was rejected SCP in October and did a normal MD interview instead, then got the "official" SCP rejection in January, and haven't heard anything back since. So basically expecting to be WL or R from the normal MD app at this point as well.

I interviewed September 4th, IS, and have continued to be on radio silence. Would like any sort of news or update from them just to know that they know I still exist.

Reactions: 3 users
Just to add a data point, I was rejected SCP in October and did a normal MD interview instead, then got the "official" SCP rejection in January, and haven't heard anything back since. So basically expecting to be WL or R from the normal MD app at this point as well.
Yep I also interviewed SCP in October, was rejected SCP in December and have been radio silence since. Expecting the same. Hoping the best for everyone though and that you are all safe and getting through everything okay. I hope we all hear good news this month.

Are we supposed to accept/decline the financial aid package? or can we wait until we get closer (june/ July) to our start date. I feel like it's hard to know how much we want to take out without knowing our campus assignments.

Are we supposed to accept/decline the financial aid package? or can we wait until we get closer (june/ July) to our start date. I feel like it's hard to know how much we want to take out without knowing our campus assignments.

Hm, I would suggest shooting the financial aid guy an email, but I would be very surprised if we are required to accept the aid that quickly (before campus assignments). If we were required to respond by a certain upcoming date I think they would have made that more clear on the website or in emails etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted off the SCP WL a few minutes ago! Holy hell, this was out of the blue!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Portal or mail update?
I actually got an email which is how I knew. They said I'd get physical mail soon. And then when I checked the portal it was all updated.

Also, I followed all the stuff to make a one.iu account, but that still says my application is missing materials, so maybe don't put too much stock in that source

Congrats!! Are you accepted to the SCP program or regular MD?
I got into the SCP program I interviewed for! I'm not sure if it was a one-off because someone else in the program dropped their acceptance or what

I actually got an email which is how I knew. They said I'd get physical mail soon. And then when I checked the portal it was all updated.

Also, I followed all the stuff to make a one.iu account, but that still says my application is missing materials, so maybe don't put too much stock in that source
That's awesome! Congrats!

Does anyone know when we are getting campus assignments?

"Late April" is the earliest that they will send out assignments, if I remember correctly. I may well email admissions in the next few days to see if we can please get a more specific date now that we are very close to that time frame. If I hear anything helpful from them I will share it.

Reactions: 4 users
If they won't tell us until "late April," that's a little ridiculous because we have to narrow down to three schools before then... How can people decide if they want to go here if they don't actually know if they'll be in Terre Haute, Indy, or South Bend? There's such a massive discrepancy in the life and school experience at all these locations.

I remember in the most recent email, they said Mid-April. That changed from when it was late April. We are now approaching Mid-April so hopefully some time soon.

If they won't tell us until "late April," that's a little ridiculous because we have to narrow down to three schools before then... How can people decide if they want to go here if they don't actually know if they'll be in Terre Haute, Indy, or South Bend? There's such a massive discrepancy in the life and school experience at all these locations.

Just withdraw your acceptance, this is unacceptable. How could they possibly expect us to adapt to such uncertain and unpredictable circumstances?

Hey IUSM,
Its me, your soul mate. I know theres a bit of a pandemic and bb i understand that but maybe if you could just call me maybe? Or email? Smoke signal?

Sincerely,
Interviewed Applicant Who Would Love Nothing More Than to Attend IU (Anywhere) or Even Some Closure at This Point

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just withdraw your acceptance, this is unacceptable. How could they possibly expect us to adapt to such uncertain and unpredictable circumstances?

Hey IUSM,
Its me, your soul mate. I know theres a bit of a pandemic and bb i understand that but maybe if you could just call me maybe? Or email? Smoke signal?

Sincerely,
Interviewed Applicant Who Would Love Nothing More Than to Attend IU (Anywhere) or Even Some Closure at This Point

Massive notice me senpai energy lol but yes i feel you with this regarding my state school.

Massive notice me senpai energy lol but yes i feel you with this regarding my state school.

I don’t know what half of that means and they're actually my #1 choice (of less than a handful) so hopefully you hear from your state school and I hear from them lol.

I talked with admissions this morning. They told me that campus assignments will be at the end of the month. No specific date unfortunately

I talked with admissions this morning. They told me that campus assignments will be at the end of the month. No specific date unfortunately

God this is so frustrating. Literally what is holding them back from giving campus assignments at this point? I hold an acceptance to a school that I like better than IU and I'm tempted to take it just because of how ****ty IU admissions communication has been. The only thing holding me back is the difference in COA which is much high at my other school. Here's hoping for scholarships.

Yes I emailed them and they informed me the last week of April they will release campus placements.

God this is so frustrating. Literally what is holding them back from giving campus assignments at this point? I hold an acceptance to a school that I like better than IU and I'm tempted to take it just because of how ****ty IU admissions communication has been. The only thing holding me back is the difference in COA which is much high at my other school. Here's hoping for scholarships.
Scholarships for IUSM have already been sent out....

Scholarships for IUSM have already been sent out....
I believe the one-time scholarships have not been announced per Jose’s email. Only the large ones where some applicants get it renewed yearly.

I believe the one-time scholarships have not been announced per Jose’s email. Only the large ones where some applicants get it renewed yearly.

Also, he did say that the scholarships have waitlists, so if people who were offered scholarships choose to go to another school then some of us could still get one. I am trying not to get my hopes up though...

Yeah man, I have been saying to my friends/family for a long time that IU probably misses out on a lot of great potential students cause they present such a poor image of themselves in the admissions process. The rest of the school might be totally fine, and I have no beef with any of the individual admissions people that I have spoken with, but the systems overall needs a lot of work.

With regards to the campus assignment thing, that alone gives people an awfully strong incentive to pick another school if they can. Having to commit while not knowing where you will actually live for 4 years is rough and its not something that other schools are asking students to put up with.

Yeah man, I have been saying to my friends/family for a long time that IU probably misses out on a lot of great potential students cause they present such a poor image of themselves in the admissions process. The rest of the school might be totally fine, and I have no beef with any of the individual admissions people that I have spoken with, but the systems overall needs a lot of work.

With regards to the campus assignment thing, that alone gives people an awfully strong incentive to pick another school if they can. Having to commit while not knowing where you will actually live for 4 years is rough and its not something that other schools are asking students to put up with.
I thought we could transfer to Indy after 2 years?...

Okay well my sister who got accepted in January got notified that she got a scholarship and got her first choice in campus placement...

I thought we could transfer to Indy after 2 years?...
Yep, if you’re placed at a regional campus you can apply to transfer to Indianapolis for the last two years.

I think we will hear about campus placements around April 25th or so. Some friends in the past have heard back around then.