2019-2020 Iowa (Carver)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pretty sure my application portal tab changed.. anyone else notice that or am I just seeing things?
What does it say differently?

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure my application portal tab changed.. anyone else notice that or am I just seeing things?
Mine looks the same. Sometimes you have to click on it twice bc for some reason mine shows the interview information at times

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Man I can't handle the emotional roller coaster Carver has me on

Reactions: 2 users
I'll prob give this another hour and then start again tomorrow. haha

In MSAR, the timeline says “all final decisions posted 3/13/2020”. Possibly since that is the last business day before 3/15, but maybe we won’t hear until Friday.

• Sad
  • Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
Not to be dramatic, but if we have to wait until Friday all my hair will have fallen out

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Alternate list
Do we know how much OOS moves?

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist #21 IS. Literally the last thing I wanted was to be in a position where I would be borderline between eventually getting off or not. I just want to know where I'll be going next year... this is so frustrating.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Well I haven’t been notified of anything so maybe the big R coming at the end.

Alternate List, but perhaps the highest # on the list. Insert dumb and dumber meme “So you’re saying there’s a chance”. Congrats to all those accepted! Hang in there everybody else!

Lol OOS waitlisted again after making it to #1 on last year's list. Guess it wasn't meant to be, good luck everyone I'll be withdrawing my spot. If it helps anyone last year's OOS list moved 54 spots.

Reactions: 2 users
Alternate List, but perhaps the highest # on the list. Insert dumb and dumber meme “So you’re saying there’s a chance”. Congrats to all those accepted! Hang in there everybody else!
im also kinda high on the OOS list, i really hope there is extra movement this year LOL

Does anyone know how many spots the IS waitlist moved last year?

Rejected, in state. Must have been really unimpressive on interview day to not even get on the WL because I felt like all my stats & everything matched well...

Rejected, in state. Must have been really unimpressive on interview day to not even get on the WL because I felt like all my stats & everything matched well...

It’s honestly the most variable process. Last year I had an excellent interview with interviewers who would ask me a lot of questions and were overall quite talkative. I couldn’t connect as well with this years interviewers...try not to be too hard on yourself

Lol OOS waitlisted again after making it to #1 on last year's list. Guess it wasn't meant to be, good luck everyone I'll be withdrawing my spot. If it helps anyone last year's OOS list moved 54 spots.

was it really 54 spots for OOS? it didnt say on MSAR ah

was it really 54 spots for OOS? it didnt say on MSAR ah
I am just under that 54 and this is my top school by far! I just hope everyone above me had very successful interviews in other places!

Can someone explain what a "relatively high" number on the OOS waitlist is. I'm in the upper 50s on the OOS waitlist and want to know if it is ridiculous of me to think that I could get an offer.

I am just under that 54 and this is my top school by far! I just hope everyone above me had very successful interviews in other places!
i really hope everyone above us also had amazing offers from other schools haha

Has anyone who interviewed not heard back at all yet? It's been silence so far for me.

No. 90+ OOS Waitlist.

I will be accepting my spot, but I must also begin planning to attend my other acceptance.

• Hmm
Rejected lol. Is something wrong with me if I've only been accepted to 3 out of 7 schools I attended interviews for ?? (2 WL)

Rejected lol. Is something wrong with me if I've only been accepted to 3 out of 7 schools I attended interviews for ?? (2 WL)

Nah that is above average...

Now, if you were some kind of weirdo that was 2/10 thus far (RIP me) that would be a different story

Waitlisted, IS, #31. I’ll have to look for hard validated waitlist movement numbers from past years, and I’ll be riding the waitlist to see what happens, but statistically this means I won’t be getting in. Thankfully I have another good school that I was accepted into. Congratulations to all accepted, good luck to all waiting, and don’t quit to any declined!

IS rejected. Like the rest of the IS applicants I share your disappointment. Definitely thought I would be able to at least to make it onto the waitlist. This process is extremely humbling

• Wow
For future threads, I recieved the email at 11:11am from Carver that a decision was made. IS alternate list low teens.

Rejected, OOS. Good luck to those on the waitlist

• Sad
Ive been waiting as well. I just can’t anymore. My heart is breaking. I’ll give up a kidney for an acceptance!

it seems like most people here so far have been alt list or R so maybe they are saving the best news for last!!!! you got this!

it seems like most people here so far have been alt list or R so maybe they are saving the best news for last!!!! you got this!

Let’s hope so! If it is meant to be for me then let it be.
Thank you for your encouragement!

A little late to the party but I was also WL. OOS. Low teens on the WL. Most likely will be withdrawing! Good luck to everyone.

Nah that is above average...

Now, if you were some kind of weirdo that was 2/10 thus far (RIP me) that would be a different story

My friends around me have interview yield rates pretty high... 3 accepted out of 5 (2WL), another 4 accepted out of 5.. My bf was an anomaly got accepted three years ago to like 10 out of 15 schools maybe.. which makes me feel pretty incapable.

In addition, Iowa and one of my WL schools were pretty target schools in terms of stats for me.

Not that it matters in the end, but I need to know if I need to up my interview skills game for residencies.

Still no word from adcomm. Maybe they lost my file lol

Could any current students comment on the effectiveness/usefulness of the IMEI program?