2019-2020 Kaiser (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yup, the choice is going to be different for everyone, and I think you're making a well-reasoned decision based on your own situation!
I don't think decisions here are as simple as "Free = Attend " "Kaiser is bad = Don't attend".
Additionally, I encourage a healthy skepticism of ALL corporations and institutions. We are all going to sign our lives away to one for 4 years, and I think a new school is especially deserving of extra scrutiny.

I think this is a great attitude. Similarly, not for profit does not necessarily equate to goodness or altruism.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
if I'm gonna get rejected, I'd like it to be tomorrow so I can play it off as an April Fools joke lmaoo

Plot Twist: we all receive A's...only to find out on the first day of classes that it was all a ruse
*so thaaaat explains the free tuition, we were never aaaccepteeeeed*

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard from admissions lately? Curious about what their new plan is with everything going on.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else ready to just yeet their email into oblivion? This waiting game is TOUGH. Even though I feel like I know what the outcome is at this point (unfortunately) there is still like .2% of me that is like LET’S GOOOOO!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else ready to just yeet their email into oblivion? This waiting game is TOUGH. Even though I feel like I know what the outcome is at this point (unfortunately) there is still like .2% of me that is like LET’S GOOOOO!
I’m ready to yeet myself into oblivion, does that count?

On a more serious note, I think waiting for the email is like waiting for closure. It’s sorta like you can mentally move on once it arrives instead of asking “what if?” and questioning everything (I’ve questioned my existence several times during this cycle ngl).

Last edited:
I want to yeet myself into oblivion, does that count?

On a more serious note, I think waiting for the email is like waiting for closure. It’s sorta like you can mentally move on once it arrives instead of asking “what if?” and questioning everything (I’ve questioned my existence several times during this cycle ngl).

I have been indeed feeling like my existence is a meme toward the end of this cycle.

• Haha
So uhhh..... today.. has to be the day we hear back.... right??????????????? o_O

Reactions: 6 users
It's not even 9am Pacific Time yet and my nerves are already FRIED over today. If we actually hear back today, good luck everybody!

Reactions: 5 users
Honestly, this is really unprofessional from a school that claims to makeup for the lack of professionalism in medical training. Js...however I fully acknowledge the amount of sour grapes in this post.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Reminder: it’s ok to criticize schools and institutions, it’s even ok to tell your experiences to future applicants. Despite us being consumers, this is our only form of power and protest that isn’t boycotting. Unfortunately I see too many willing to give that up for the sake of “respecting the process”, whatever the hell that means.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Reminder: it’s ok to criticize schools and institutions, it’s even ok to tell your experiences to future applicants. Despite us being consumers, this is our only form of power and protest. Unfortunately I see too many willing to give that up for the sake of “respecting the process”, whatever the hell that means.

Amen! Tbh its f'ing april! We have CTE in 26 days! c'mon man

I agree with everyone above. I understand COVID-19 probably caused some unexpected delays, but all these failed promises of when decisions are going to come out is pretty frustrating.

I agree with everyone above. I understand COVID-19 probably caused some unexpected delays, but all these failed promises of when decisions are going to come out is pretty frustrating.

Honestly... I mean how hard would it be to send a quick email to everyone who is in limbo just to give the appearance that they care about us (even if they don’t)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Of course, COVID-19 causes problems and some delays are understandable. However, in my experience, some schools were horrible with communication and transparency long before the current state of affairs.

Damn, this is like when folks message nothing back on tinder after you match with them. A glimmer of hope (interview) and then SILENCE.

I have finally been rejected. Post II. Interviewed mid-August. At least my excel spreadsheet is fully filled out now lol

Reactions: 3 users
Never thought an R could feel this good

When you're anxiously anticipating a post-II R...you either:
  • Know the cycle's close to over and want to fill out the remainder of your spreadsheet
  • Are entering a state of psychosis and/or
  • Realize a school has been stringing applicants along/ghosting/whatever you want to call it
Good times, y'all!

Is it bad that my heart is beating faster rn waiting for this rejection email to come than it has all day sitting in the clinic at work with patients coming in coughing without masks on?

Is it bad that my heart is beating faster rn waiting for this rejection email to come than it has all day sitting in the clinic at work with patients coming in coughing without masks on?
I would say "you may want to be checked out for that" but 1) COVID-19 may make that difficult right now and 2) I and many others are also in the same boat of suffering and might be enduring similar heart problems. o_O

SEPTEMEBER and haven’t heard

tenor-63601030.gif

• Love
At this point, are we waiting for WL/Rs or are there any more As left
WL/Rs, it sounds like. Someone earlier mentioned the class FB group has like 60 people in it, so...

If there's anyone who turns down their acceptance, we might get a few As, but it's doubtful at this point imo

WL/Rs, it sounds like. Someone earlier mentioned the class FB group has like 60 people in it, so...

If there's anyone who turns down their acceptance, we might get a few As, but it's doubtful at this point imo

I just don't get why they sent out a couple Rs in the morning and then just stopped

• Hmm
Reactions: 8 users