2019-2020 Kaiser (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II today. Fun ride with you all. I absolutely loved this curriculum so I’m devastated. Will be reapplying for next year

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I got my R right now as well. Good luck everyone on your other interviews!

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Primary Completed: 7/31/19

Secondary Offered: 10/18/19 (late due to personal emergency)

Secondary/Application Completed: 10/28/19

Rejection: 3/11/20

In hindsight, I don't believe I was what they were looking for (both mission and stats wise). They put a higher emphasis on the scientific community and finding candidates that want to go far beyond the clinical realm of medicine. Very interesting - best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
2nd look has been canceled and in the process of changing to a virtual option. I was excited to tour the new building!

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
2nd look has been canceled and in the process of changing to a virtual option. I was excited to tour the new building!
yeah it seems like everyone is cancelling second looks/interviews and moving to virtual.

Reactions: 1 users
So sad about second look :(

I am still planning on coming to town as I was going to see a friend anyways. If anyone else is going to be in town Friday and wants to grab a meal or something, please DM me! Looking forward to meeting you all via Facebook and on campus in July.

Reactions: 4 users
I noticed in their email they wrote that while formally cancelled, we can still tour and meet some faculty if we happen to be in the area that day. Perhaps once the Facebook page is made those who are accepted and traveling to Pasadena can still make plans to get together, depending on how things unfold with COVID-19.

With Kaiser being brand new their second look is all the more important, especially meeting potential classmates!

Reactions: 5 users
Dang, super bummed about the second look cancellation. But, meet y’all on Facebook lol. I’m probably going to attend the in person thing on March 28 since I live in SoCal anyways. I think it’ll be worth the trip

Dang, super bummed about the second look cancellation. But, meet y’all on Facebook lol. I’m probably going to attend the in person thing on March 28 since I live in SoCal anyways. I think it’ll be worth the trip
I’ll be there too! I don’t want to miss a chance to see the new building and meet some of you guys.

I’ll be there too! I don’t want to miss a chance to see the new building and meet some of you guys.

Lol its gunna end up that like half of the class shows up on their own volition anyways

also, edit: I live in Boston and trying to stay calm, but ish hit the fan today here--officially mandated to work from home as much as I can and nearly all of the Boston colleges have moved to remote learning. I am low key worried that travel restrictions are going to be implemented domestically in the next two weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its possible the last few calls may go out later today in a last scramble?

Its possible the last few calls may go out later today in a last scramble?
for acceptances? I think they will have some acceptances next wed but not today since that is when they typically accept.

for acceptances? I think they will have some acceptances next wed but not today since that is when they typically accept.
admissions said they are aiming to release all decisions by the end of this week, latest early next week
I was unsure if they could send them all out this week given that there were at least 60ish new interviewees just last week

I was unsure if they could send them all out this week given that there were at least 60ish new interviewees just last week
that's my thinking. if this thread is anything to go by, they haven't accepted anybody who interviewed in feb yet. I think they are waiting to push all their final decisions at the same time so early feb people might end up hearing at the same time as late feb and early march people.

Some potentially bad news for some of you. Apparently MD/PhD spots were extended to 3 students. I believe this cuts into the number of MD-only spots to keep the total class size consistent. I, however, am very excited to potentially have more fellow MD/PhD classmates.

Some potentially bad news for some of you. Apparently MD/PhD spots were extended to 3 students. I believe this cuts into the number of MD-only spots to keep the total class size consistent. I, however, am very excited to potentially have more fellow MD/PhD classmates.
Congrats on having additional classmates join you! Do you have an idea of when those offers might have gone out? Trying to gauge if this is the beginning of a wave of decisions

Some acceptances were sent out on Wednesday. So it seems like Wednesday is their “day”

Some acceptances were sent out on Wednesday. So it seems like Wednesday is their “day”
sorry, kinda stressed for this school, but do you mean this past Wednesday or just, in general, some wednesday? I scrolled up and only saw Rs given out this wed so i'm just wondering

This Wednesday? Like the 11th? Seems crazy they could have reviewed the last sixty interviewees in less than five business days. Unless there were a lot of sleepless nights. Or they triage it. No pun intended.

Yes this Wednesday the 11th. But idk about who they reviewed but they are probably done reviewing all the feb interviews.

Yes this Wednesday the 11th. But idk about who they reviewed but they are probably done reviewing all the feb interviews.
Gotcha huh, well I'll cross my fingers they're still going over last weeks. They just got back to me today on receiving my update letter.

From the Rs this week, it looks like they were all pre-Il Rs. I have yet to hear anyone receiving anything post-II for the Feb interviews. Keeping my fingers crossed for next Wednesday...

Last edited:
So sad about second look :(

I am still planning on coming to town as I was going to see a friend anyways. If anyone else is going to be in town Friday and wants to grab a meal or something, please DM me! Looking forward to meeting you all via Facebook and on campus in July.
DM me? I can't DM you

From the Rs this week, it looks like they were all pre-Il Rs. I have yet to hear anyone receiving anything post-II for the Feb interviews. Keeping my fingers crossed for next Wednesday...
There are non-SDN users/ people who only use Reddit. I know of a person from reddit

I feel like a longtime dream would come true if I get into this school. Hope the stars align.

When did you interview? Mine was 1/16 and I haven’t heard back :/

I’m in the same boat.. interviewed 12/5 and haven’t heard anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else updating their emails and SDN every 5 seconds knowing full well no decisions are going out on a Sunday?? Come on Kaiser!! Let me in!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Hello darkness my old friend
Interviewed in August, waiting to get rejected any moment now................

Reactions: 6 users
Hello darkness my old friend
Interviewed in August, waiting to get rejected any moment now................

Lol same interviewed in October with silence since. I get coronavirus is messing things up but surely decisions on our applications were made ages ago.

I got the admitted FB link to work for those that are having problems and want me to send it!

2479D9B3-CD67-4062-A8D2-4FD01A5E06A4.gif

Hopefully...

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone! Has anyone reached out to admissions to see if they still plan on releasing all decisions by Friday? Any news on this?

oh I see! thanks for pointing that out. I'm not certain whether they are keeping to that, just because that same timeline says their interview season would end in feb which didn't end up happening. Hopefully somebody else has some insight on that.
Plus with the Coronavirus issue things certainly aren't going to plan

I was part of the first interview group on August 15th. Still waiting to hear back. No news is good news right?

Any admitted students want to be nice and tell us how many admitted students are part of the FB group? :)