You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Massachusetts
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ilikestrawberries
Full Member
Waitlisted for regular MD!! 🙂 So exciting! Interviewed mid-December!
ilikestrawberries
Full Member
Accepted off the waitlist around 1:00 PM earlier today! I was offered a joint place in the MD Program and the PURCH Track!
CONGRATS!! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Happy to hear that. But are you really excited to be on the waitlist? It seems like a very stressful position to be in honestly.Waitlisted for regular MD!! 🙂 So exciting! Interviewed mid-December!
It’s better than an RHappy to hear that. But are you really excited to be on the waitlist? It seems like a very stressful position to be in honestly.
ilikestrawberries
Full Member
Happy to hear that. But are you really excited to be on the waitlist? It seems like a very stressful position to be in honestly.
Personally yes! I feel like my stats are definitely below average for UMass so I was really surprised to even get an interview, let alone continued consideration!
I really hope you get off the waitlist into admission. Best of luck my friend!Personally yes! I feel like my stats are definitely below average for UMass so I was really surprised to even get an interview, let alone continued consideration!
caffeinefiend
New Member
Anyone know how the need based financial aid is here? Interviewed in November and still waiting on a response, but trying to weigh my hypothetical options...
Follow up question- does anyone know if the need based aid is any different for those accepted off of the waitlist?
Thanks in advance!
Follow up question- does anyone know if the need based aid is any different for those accepted off of the waitlist?
Thanks in advance!
PURCH WL, late in the game
pizzagirl29
New Member
PURCH WL, late in the game
do you know if we could theoretically get into just regular MD without PURCH or would we only get off the waitlist if someone from PURCH drops out? I was kinda confused by the email wording
I don't think so! I think we only get in if a PURCH candidate defers.do you know if we could theoretically get into just regular MD without PURCH or would we only get off the waitlist if someone from PURCH drops out? I was kinda confused by the email wording
Just got the R via email. Interviewed in September for PURCH, in state and this was my top choice. Quite saddened, but fortunately I have another allopathic acceptance somewhere else. Maybe I'll be able to come back for residency. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!
Withdrew from PURCH today, good luck to everyone waiting!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tehe123tehe456
Full Member
I am withdrawing my regular MD acceptance. I just emailed the admissions team to withdraw, but I didn't see a place to do this on the portal. Is this correct?
Just got accepted off the WL. Still trying to figure out what this means for me considering PTE is TOMORROW. But good news, regardless.
Congratulations!! When did you receive the email if you don't mind sharing. Happy for you, best of luck in your medical journey!!!Just got accepted off the WL. Still trying to figure out what this means for me considering PTE is TOMORROW. But good news, regardless.
Thank you! I received it at 5:19 pm.Congratulations!! When did you receive the email if you don't mind sharing. Happy for you, best of luck in your medical journey!!!
caffeinefiend
New Member
Congrats! Did you get a fin aid package with the acceptance e-mail or did they specify if it'd come at a later date?Just got accepted off the WL. Still trying to figure out what this means for me considering PTE is TOMORROW. But good news, regardless.
Congrats! Did you get a fin aid package with the acceptance e-mail or did they specify if it'd come at a later date?
Later date. I haven't submitted all the required financial aid documents to them.
Due to the timing though, and due to my preference for my original PTE school (and the scholarship they gave me), I will most likely be withdrawing my acceptance.
ahoyerwaver
New Member
For people applying for aid what did people think about the Learning Contract? To be honest it seems to be a pretty good deal even if you decide to go to a specialty where you have to pay it back, but I’m not a huge financial guy and curious if the 8% interest on it may actually turn out worse in the long run? Has anyone applied for it who isn’t sure they may want to go into the specialties indicated?
ahoyerwaver
New Member
Yeah this is sort of what I was worried about. Granted it’s only about 25k total that is at that 1-2% higher rate than fed loans but it does seem after more investigation it’s probably not worth it unless pretty certain you’d like to practice primary care/etc.For reference, the Stafford loans have around a 6-6.5% interest and the Grad Plus loans have 7%. So 8% is not that great of a deal...
Thanks for the info!
Unfortunately UMass put me in a tight spot today. I decided to decline my offer - hopefully the next WL acceptance goes to one of you deserving folks!
ilikestrawberries
Full Member
Congrats!! But also sorry they put you in a tough spot!Unfortunately UMass put me in a tight spot today. I decided to decline my offer - hopefully the next WL acceptance goes to one of you deserving folks!
also love your picture! Cells at work is an awesome show!
CONGRATS!!!!!!! are in state or out-of-state?OMG OMG OMG, Accepted off the waitlist, just in. Hang in there everyone waiting. The movement is real!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!! In-state.CONGRATS!!!!!!! are in state or out-of-state?
Accepted via email yesterday off of the waitlist yesterday! I could not be more excited as this is my first acceptance after two years of applying! Wishing the best of luck to all of you
Congrats!! Been rooting for you to get in this cycle!Accepted via email yesterday off of the waitlist yesterday! I could not be more excited as this is my first acceptance after two years of applying! Wishing the best of luck to all of you
Been rooting for you!!! Congratulations!Accepted via email yesterday off of the waitlist yesterday! I could not be more excited as this is my first acceptance after two years of applying! Wishing the best of luck to all of you
ilikestrawberries
Full Member
Congratulations @damon99 and @MoMo_FaFa!!
Your hard work paid off!
Your hard work paid off!ilikestrawberries
Full Member
Accepted via email yesterday off of the waitlist yesterday! I could not be more excited as this is my first acceptance after two years of applying! Wishing the best of luck to all of you
Congratulations to you too!!
You earned it for sure!!Thanks friend!!! Rooting for you!Congratulations @damon99 and @MoMo_FaFa!!Your hard work paid off!
Does anyone know how we get refunded the 100 dollar deposit if we didn’t commit to umass? Do we need to do something? Congrats to everyone who committed!
They told me they'd be mailing a refund check in a few weeks.Does anyone know how we get refunded the 100 dollar deposit if we didn’t commit to umass? Do we need to do something? Congrats to everyone who committed!
limed51
Full Member
congrats! hoping that wave of good luck comes my way, can i ask when you interviewed and when you were waitlisted?Also just got accepted off the WL - I'll be turning it down, hopefully WL movement reaches you guys! Best of luck everyone.
Interviewed end of January, waitlisted 3/13!congrats! hoping that wave of good luck comes my way, can i ask when you interviewed and when you were waitlisted?
In off the waitlist today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
capecodder1
New Member
Will you be accepting the waitlist position?In off the waitlist today!
probably not and to the question before this one, I am in stateWill you be accepting the waitlist position?
Got in off the waitlist on Tuesday! Still waitlisted for PURCH.Hi everyone, any waitlist movement lately?
Hang in there!!
serotonin3
New Member
Really nervous that there was no movement on Friday