You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Massachusetts
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Post-interview??????IS, R just now! Oh well! C'est la vie!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II. Sorry, forgot to include!Post-interview??????
All good! Sorry to hear. Hope your inbox gets full of IIs!Pre-II. Sorry, forgot to include!
Interview Invite! Secondary submitted July 16th!
(OOS)
(OOS)
Think there will be decisions on 10/15? Any post-II Rs prior?
I interviewed already, and nothing heard. My guess is nothing until 10/15.
II today! OOS but from a neighboring state.
Last edited:
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
Did people get the "Under Consideration" box checked off right as the application was submitted or close to when hearing about an interview? Also, did people get an email about in-state tuition eligibility near when hearing about an interview?
Hi Emory,Did people get the "Under Consideration" box checked off right as the application was submitted or close to when hearing about an interview? Also, did people get an email about in-state tuition eligibility near when hearing about an interview?
I don't recall the timing of the Under Consideration box for me, but the in-state eligibility is just a matter of course and it does not have anything to do with acceptance/interview.
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
Ok thanks so much!Hi Emory,
I don't recall the timing of the Under Consideration box for me, but the in-state eligibility is just a matter of course and it does not have anything to do with acceptance/interview.
Were we supposed to receive a post-MMI survey?
It took me 2 weeks to get mine and my interview was in August
It's past the two-week mark for me. Lol is this something I should worry about?It took me 2 weeks to get mine and my interview was in August
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's past the two-week mark for me. Lol is this something I should worry about?
They definitely just forgot, it by no means is any indication of anything, they just wants stats on how their interviewees like MMI because, as you probably rememeber, they shared the stats of how people actually enjoyed it.
While you could send them an email, I wouldn't worry.
futuredoctorjanedoe
Full Member
I wouldn't stress UMass tends to interview more OOS people first so they don't have to deal with our winterswould it hurt to call and check on the status of my app? IS and under consideration since around July 15th
Probably won’t hurt but I’ve been under review since then with radio silence, as have my two friends. It sounds normalI wouldn't stress UMass tends to interview more OOS people first so they don't have to deal with our winters
I wouldn't stress UMass tends to interview more OOS people first so they don't have to deal with our winters
Peace Love Snow
Hi Purple,would it hurt to call and check on the status of my app? IS and under consideration since around July 15th
Better yet, if you have anything that has happened in the past couple of months (e.g. finished a research project, received an award/recognition), you could write to the school with an update and state your continued interest in the program while also asking about the status.
Is there any other meaning to getting an email stating I am not considered for IS tuition but will be for OOS tuition?
Lol I dont think so. I got the same thing.
Outcome: Sighlence
Is there any other meaning to getting an email stating I am not considered for IS tuition but will be for OOS tuition?
Yea I got that as well. I did get an interview following it. I jsut think though since part of the secondary was filling that out, everyone will get that if they are OOS.
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
Yea I got that as well. I did get an interview following it. I jsut think though since part of the secondary was filling that out, everyone will get that if they are OOS.
Also got II after the email stating I will be considered for oos tuition.
How long after did you guys get the IIs after receiving the email about OOS tuition? Also, when were you complete and when did you get the OOS tuition email?
I was complete 7/14, and got that email 8/5. I received my interview invite after the OOS tuition email, but like 2 days later, and i had my interview in late August.
glini22e
Full Member
Congratulations!!! When were you complete?
Thank you! I was complete 09/02.
So from reading previous threads, it appears they give acceptance on Mondays and Fridays. Do y'all think they will give out any on the 15th since its the first day, even though its Tuesday (Monday being Columbus Day), or Friday (18th)?
II this past Monday for PURCH In-state, Complete within first week of August
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
guess we'll find outSo from reading previous threads, it appears they give acceptance on Mondays and Fridays. Do y'all think they will give out any on the 15th since its the first day, even though its Tuesday (Monday being Columbus Day), or Friday (18th)?
T-minus 48 hoursguess we'll find out
blackbird23
Full Member
So from reading previous threads, it appears they give acceptance on Mondays and Fridays. Do y'all think they will give out any on the 15th since its the first day, even though its Tuesday (Monday being Columbus Day), or Friday (18th)?
Interviewed here early sept and was REALLY hoping to hear from them today (10/15) and now I’m sad... guess patience is a virtue.
I interviewed in august! want to knowwwww
Now we wait
ok wow found you guys... really ready for this phone call / email
premedD1athlete
Full Member
Not sure what is worse: waiting for MCAT score to be posted or refreshing email constantly hoping to see something from umass....
my guess is it will be friday tbh
because of M/F ish? how could they shirk participation in first-day festivities 🙁my guess is it will be friday tbh
EDIT: looking more and more true 🙁
Last edited:
Are you suggesting that based on last years activity?my guess is it will be friday tbh
Last year someone commented that they released on M/F. Just so happened that October 15th last year was a Monday, so.Are you suggesting that based on last years activity?
Let the games begin! Interview date?Accepted 1 hour ago via email!
Let the games begin! Interview date?
Interviewed on 08/23!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, super early! Congrats!!! Also, is it the same email from the MMI interview invite, or a different one? I want to make sure I put it through my spam filter, which is being finicky right now.Interviewed on 08/23!
Last edited:
Accepted 1 hour ago via email!
Congratulations!!! Did your portal update?
I have heard nothing and my portal says nothing (8/25 interview). I am curious if @sweete41 had their portal updated.
Yes, my portal updated, but not before I received the email.I have heard nothing and my portal says nothing (8/25 interview). I am curious if @sweete41 had their portal updated.
Yes, my portal updated, but not before I received the email.
gotcha thank you! AND CONGRATS DUDE