You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Massachusetts
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
blackbird23
Full Member
Nope! But I was sept.Did anyone else hear one way or another today?
Sept. and sad checking inNope! But I was sept.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else hear one way or another today?
Nope & I was also Aug
congratulations!!! i interviewed mid september so i guess it was silly of me to think i would hear back so early hahaAccepted 1 hour ago via email!
II on Monday! Submitted 7/12 LM 69 IS
So nowww probably Friday for a bigger wave xD?
So nowww probably Friday for a bigger wave xD?
Probably... UGHHH suspense LOL
Or a wave of RsProbably... UGHHH suspense LOL
LOLOL I was kidding. Good vibes only peeps. Hopefully the As will rollout
I gotchu haha, good vibes on the wayLOLOL I was kidding. Good vibes only peeps. Hopefully the As will rollout
blackbird23
Full Member
Just got an under consideration email, any idea what this means?
have you interviewed yet?Just got an under consideration email, any idea what this means?
blackbird23
Full Member
Yes! In septhave you interviewed yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When in September? Based on previous threads, it either means you are still in the running to be accepted, but will be continuously examined by the committee in the next round. Think about it like if they review 100 applications and accept the top 40 and reject the bottom 20, you are between 21 and 59, and will be sent to the next admissions meeting as well. OR it means the committee has not reviewed you yet, and they are due to update you because its been past 2 weeks (they talked about two weeks a lot at the interview). Not completely sure though. Only thing I'm sure of is you have not been rejected or accepted!Just got an under consideration email, any idea what this means?
blackbird23
Full Member
When in September? Based on previous threads, it either means you are still in the running to be accepted, but will be continuously examined by the committee in the next round. Think about it like if they review 100 applications and accept the top 40 and reject the bottom 20, you are between 21 and 59, and will be sent to the next admissions meeting as well. OR it means the committee has not reviewed you yet, and they are due to update you because its been past 2 weeks (they talked about two weeks a lot at the interview). Not completely sure though. Only thing I'm sure of is you have not been rejected or accepted!
19th for MD/PhD, so idk if that changes anything.
Probably the same idea. Good luck and keep us updated! I remember someone from last cycle getting the same email, then an acceptance a week later!19th for MD/PhD, so idk if that changes anything.
what does it mean if you haven't received the under consideration email and interviewed early in Sept? Decision has already been made?Probably the same idea. Good luck and keep us updated! I remember someone from last cycle getting the same email, then an acceptance a week later!
All we know (based on this thread) is someone from late August was accepted and an M.D. Ph.D applicant from mid-September was put under further consideration. Everything else is conjecture, which just stresses me out tbh. I think Friday will be enlightening.what does it mean if you haven't received the under consideration email and interviewed early in Sept? Decision has already been made?
I agree...not enough sample to make any conclusions. I'm also guessing that no one probably has been rejected post-interview at this point so anything could happen.All we know (based on this thread) is someone from late August was accepted and an M.D. Ph.D applicant from mid-September was put under further consideration. Everything else is conjecture, which just stresses me out tbh. I think Friday will be enlightening.
same!! interviewed in septemberLol speak of the devil...just got the active consideration email.
it's good to hear SOMETHING but ugh
Active Consideration for me as well
Unprecedented active considerations movement, compared to previous years. New traffic rules?
perhaps just trying to be more professional and top of their game -- good move on their partUnprecedented active considerations movement, compared to previous years. New traffic rules?
Better than 90 percent of the schools on my list I haven't heard from since they took my money in July xDperhaps just trying to be more professional and top of their game -- good move on their part
LMAO tell me about ittBetter than 90 percent of the schools on my list I haven't heard from since they took my money in July xD
Better than 90 percent of the schools on my list I haven't heard from since they took my money in July xD
aint that the truth
Just received my under active consideration. To be expected honestly
EDIT: OOS + below median stats + felt 7/10 regarding MMI = most likely a reach
EDIT: OOS + below median stats + felt 7/10 regarding MMI = most likely a reach
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Let the 16th of October, in the Lord's year of two-thousand and nineteen, mark the Day of Active Consideration.Just received my under active consideration. To be expected honestly
Let the 16th of October, in the Lord's year of two-thousand and nineteen, mark the Day of Active Consideration.
Better than R's! 🙂
R just a few minutes ago (but accepted elsewhere so nbd). Hopefully a spot goes to y’all!!
EDIT: Post-II, OOS, kinda had ties to the school
EDIT: Post-II, OOS, kinda had ties to the school
Last edited:
post-interview?R just a few minutes ago (but accepted elsewhere so nbd). Hopefully a spot goes to y’all!!
IS or OOS? Big congrats on the acceptance!!R just a few minutes ago (but accepted elsewhere so nbd). Hopefully a spot goes to y’all!!
Let the 16th of October, in the Lord's year of two-thousand and nineteen, mark the Day of Active Consideration.
Active consideration for me too, interviewed mid September
A_Sentient_Ape
Full Member
Post-interview rejection. IS applicant, high stats (520 and 3.93 cGPA). I interviewed early September. Can not express how devastated I am. This was definitely my top choice.
I must have really screwed up my MMI in some way. I can’t believe I wasn’t at least waitlisted...I felt pretty good about it besides the first 2 stations where I was definitely super super nervous
I must have really screwed up my MMI in some way. I can’t believe I wasn’t at least waitlisted...I felt pretty good about it besides the first 2 stations where I was definitely super super nervous
Post-interview rejection. IS applicant, high stats (520 and 3.93 cGPA). I interviewed early September. Can not express how devastated I am. This was definitely my top choice.
I must have really screwed up my MMI in some way. I can’t believe I wasn’t at least waitlisted...I felt pretty good about it besides the first 2 stations where I was definitely super super nervous
That’s rough dude. No one is safe
Pouring one out for you 🙁Post-interview rejection. IS applicant, high stats (520 and 3.93 cGPA). I interviewed early September. Can not express how devastated I am. This was definitely my top choice.
I must have really screwed up my MMI in some way. I can’t believe I wasn’t at least waitlisted...I felt pretty good about it besides the first 2 stations where I was definitely super super nervous
Recall the experience being the most chill out of all of my MMIsAny advice for the MMI? How long is each one?
A_Sentient_Ape
Full Member
Does anybody know what the protocol is for seeking out feedback for why I was rejected? Or given the circumstances is it clearly b/c I interviewed poorly and just not even worth asking?
Email the admissions office?Does anybody know what the protocol is for seeking out feedback for why I was rejected? Or given the circumstances is it clearly b/c I interviewed poorly and just not even worth asking?
ahoyerwaver
New Member
The email stated that applications have already been reviewed but no final decision made, based off this what do people think regarding active consideration vs. waitlist? Is it better, worse, or not comparable?
My thinking goes WL = "We think you're a strong enough applicant and would be a good fit for our school, space permitting" whereas active consideration = "we still aren't positive that you are an applicant we can envision as a member of our school."
But I could be totally off base and they aren't even thinking of WL at all yet, any thoughts?
My thinking goes WL = "We think you're a strong enough applicant and would be a good fit for our school, space permitting" whereas active consideration = "we still aren't positive that you are an applicant we can envision as a member of our school."
But I could be totally off base and they aren't even thinking of WL at all yet, any thoughts?
The email stated that applications have already been reviewed but no final decision made, based off this what do people think regarding active consideration vs. waitlist? Is it better, worse, or not comparable?
My thinking goes WL = "We think you're a strong enough applicant and would be a good fit for our school, space permitting" whereas active consideration = "we still aren't positive that you are an applicant we can envision as a member of our school."
But I could be totally off base and they aren't even thinking of WL at all yet, any thoughts?
I don't think so, since the email said we will get an email when a decision : A, WL, or R was made. So we can't say this is a WL.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
blackbird23
Full Member
I think we’re overthinking this. My guess is everyone with an early interview got the email as a “calm down we aren’t done yet” sort of thing.
If they wanted to WL us they would have, same with rejection. I say just sit tight, it’s likely them telling you to do that. I know it’s difficult, but we have not been rejected yet, so try and stay positive!
If they wanted to WL us they would have, same with rejection. I say just sit tight, it’s likely them telling you to do that. I know it’s difficult, but we have not been rejected yet, so try and stay positive!
Last edited:
Would say that the number of active consideration emails is, as I said before, UNPRECEDENTED compared to last cycle. Its very likely to be the bold thing, or at least that's what my optimism is telling me. I remember during the interview that they said they were really, really trying to be as upfront as possible about the entire cycle, and that two weeks communication time MAXIMUM between updates. So maybe this is just keeping us in the loop. In rolling schools, this kind of thing probably happens all the time behind the scenes (reviewed, rolled over to next meeting) but schools don't tell us so we never know. We are turning it into a neurotic mess xD.I think we’re overthinking this. My guess is everyone with an early interview got the email as a “clam down we aren’t done yet” sort of thing.
If they wanted to WL us they would have, same with rejection. I say just sit tight, it’s likely them telling you to do that. I know it’s difficult, but we have not been rejected yet, so try and stay positive!
Would say that the number of active consideration emails is, as I said before, UNPRECEDENTED compared to last cycle. Its very likely to be the bold thing, or at least that's what my optimism is telling me. I remember during the interview that they said they were really, really trying to be as upfront as possible about the entire cycle, and that two weeks communication time MAXIMUM between updates. So maybe this is just keeping us in the loop. In rolling schools, this kind of thing probably happens all the time behind the scenes (reviewed, rolled over to next meeting) but schools don't tell us so we never know. We are turning it into a neurotic mess xD.
#classicpremeds
ahoyerwaver
New Member
Very good insight, I was just thankful they kept us in the loop so promptly after Oct 15th. Especially considering when I read the subject line I was convinced it was an R, this was at a nice little update.