-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Massachusetts
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! I loved my interview day here. I'm hoping for that A too 🙂Received an email today from the committee member who presented my candidacy --was congratulating me & telling me how great UMass is. Everyone at this school, students and faculty alike, seem so nice. Best wishes to all of my fellow applicants 🙂
blackbird23
Full Member
Me! Also got in, I think I remember who you were 🙂Was accepted to md/phd program in clinical and population health on 10/15 (interviewed ~sept 19th) + purch. anyone else md/phd here?
Congrats on the acceptance and I may be seeing you in the fall!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete end of August and IS and have not heard back! This is in pre-interview... it's been silence sinceAnyone who was complete mid-August and IS hear back?
I was complete end of August and IS and have not heard back! This is in pre-interview... it's been silence since
complete in mid july and silence, you are not alone
Me! Also got in, I think I remember who you were 🙂
Congrats on the acceptance and I may be seeing you in the fall!
Was accepted to md/phd program in clinical and population health on 10/15 (interviewed ~sept 19th) + purch. anyone else md/phd here?
Have my MSTP interview coming up. Any advice? Can I DM you guys?
complete in mid july and silence, you are not alone
I was complete end of August and IS and have not heard back! This is in pre-interview... it's been silence since
glad to know im not the only one, i've been really worried! hoping we hear back soon...love this school
justalittlestitious
New Member
any news from admissions today? or are we thinking maybe tomorrow
TheNumbersMason
Full Member
I interviewed 9/11 still haven’t hear anything except active consideration on 10/17. Apparently UMass sends updates every 2 weeks so I’m guessing I’ll either hear another active consideration or get a decision tomorrow.any news from admissions today? or are we thinking maybe tomorrow
edit: spelling
justalittlestitious
New Member
I interviewed 9/11 still haven’t hear anything except active consideration on 10/17. Apparently UMass sends updates every 2 weeks so I’m guessing I’ll either hear another active consideration or get a decision tomorrow.
edit: spelling
I’m pretty much the exact same boat. Any news today?
TheNumbersMason
Full Member
I’m pretty much the exact same boat. Any news today?
Nothing so far :/
For those who have gotten an acceptance, congratulations! For everyone else, be prepared to wait for a long time. UMass does a very thorough and considered review of each applicant. If you end up in next year's class, you will be very glad they did such a good job selecting your classmates!I’m pretty much the exact same boat. Any news today?
my guess is most decisions are going to be coming out Mondays based on the trend so far this year....
Any ideas about how far along UMASS is with their interview cycle? haven't heard yet and starting to worry
I interviewed last week and they said it was pretty early. Hang in there, buddy.Any ideas about how far along UMASS is with their interview cycle? haven't heard yet and starting to worry
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any news today? umass is really keeping us on our toes....
considering you have 2 A's, really?Any ideas about how far along UMASS is with their interview cycle? haven't heard yet and starting to worry
I recognize that I am fortunate to have acceptances. I am in the situation where my parent's health make it very important that I stay in the state for medical school if at all possible. I am not anxious about other schools, but I am anxious about this one and Tufts because they are my best shot after being rejected from BU.
I understand, didn't mean to sound judgmental.
hobbes16
Full Member
+1, IS complete 8/25!II today!!! IS, submitted 8/14
idontwanttomakeanaccount
Full Member
+1 My first II! 😀+1, IS complete 8/25!
extremely late applicant here. so im filling out the course requirement section and its like, if its anticipated write anticipated in the grade column. anticipated does not fit in the grade column. anyone know what to do?
futuredoctorjanedoe
Full Member
Sorry if this has been asked already, does UMMS allow notes for the MMI? Even if its just outside of the room
justalittlestitious
New Member
yes they give you notecards to write on!Sorry if this has been asked already, does UMMS allow notes for the MMI? Even if its just outside of the room
Does anyone know if UMass helps OOS attendees attain IS status after the first year? I know other state schools do this but am not sure about UMass.
UMass requires 7 years of residency to consider an applicant as an in-state, so I am guessing that they don’t grant in-state status for out of state folks. However, this is a guess. Anyone else with knowledge on this?
UMass requires 7 years of residency to consider an applicant as an in-state, so I am guessing that they don’t grant in-state status for out of state folks. However, this is a guess. Anyone else with knowledge on this?
When I interviewed they said your status cant change from what you have it as at the time of application
justalittlestitious
New Member
anyone hear from admissions this week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone hear from admissions this week
NOPE, Im pretty sure I have been active consideration for about 3 weeks now hahaha
nope, and the worst part is monday is.......... you guessed it! a national holiday!anyone hear from admissions this week
ihopetibiadoc
Full Member
After confirming the interview date given, did a check mark appear in the interview scheduled box on the portal for everyone?
After confirming the interview date given, did a check mark appear in the interview scheduled box on the portal for everyone?
Check mark near interview scheduled appeared before they emailed me about offering an interview. Then, it took a while for check mark to appear after I got interviewed.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ihopetibiadoc
Full Member
by near do you mean never?Check mark near interview scheduled appeared before they emailed me about offering an interview. Then, it took a while for check mark to appear after I got interviewed.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by near do you mean never?
By near, I meant below.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ihopetibiadoc
Full Member
Oh, strange! Mine still has not come up. Maybe I should contact them to double check I'm all set then...By near, I meant below.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, strange! Mine still has not come up. Maybe I should contact them to double check I'm all set then...
If they emailed you about the interview and you confirmed via email or phone, you should be all set. They send a reminder a day or two before.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ihopetibiadoc
Full Member
Okay, perfect. Thanks for letting me know! I'll just look out for that then and hope for the best!If they emailed you about the interview and you confirmed via email or phone, you should be all set. They send a reminder a day or two before.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay, perfect. Thanks for letting me know! I'll just look out for that then and hope for the best!
Good luck! Just be yourself and have fun.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheNumbersMason
Full Member
Interviewed >2 weeks ago and silence. I kind of remember someone telling us we would receive an admissions decision in 2 weeks. Is anyone else in this boat?
I interviewed 8 weeks ago and haven't heard anything... buckle up XP
Hi guys, just wanted to pop in say that after watching/hearing about two people I know who applied to UMass go through the cycle last year, UMass is notoriously slow. Both in giving out IIs (especially to in staters), and in giving back decisions. Buckle up, they might end up testing your patience!
One of the guys at my work had an interview there and is still waiting to hear back...he got the invite in I think, Sept., after being complete in July.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed >2 weeks ago and silence. I kind of remember someone telling us we would receive an admissions decision in 2 weeks. Is anyone else in this boat?
They told my cohort if you were rejected right off the back your decision would come back in 2 weeks. After that they review monthly, so it potentially could take several months.
wow, they didn't tell any of my cohort that! thanks for the informationThey told my cohort if you were rejected right off the back your decision would come back in 2 weeks. After that they review monthly, so it potentially could take several months.
Yes! They welcome them.Does UMass accept updates?
Source: Asked the Dean of admissions during my interview day.
TheNumbersMason
Full Member
Accepted! Interviewed 9/11