-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Northwestern
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II last night at 9 pm! Complete 8/2. Pumped!!
alwayssleeping023
Full Member
II last night at 9 pm! Complete 8/2. Pumped!!
II complete 08/05
II this morning! Complete 8/01
Congrats!!!!! What dates are they up to for scheduling interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Favorite school so far. Wow.
The last school I said I loved this much I got WL'd so I'ma be on some hater stat this time around 👽
Last edited:
D
deleted668917
early nov-mid dec.Congrats!!!!! What dates are they up to for scheduling interviews?
Congrats everyone! If they are on first week of August now, when do you think they will be into September?
I don’t think they’re going in order, I was complete in Sept
Which airport is better to fly into for Feinberg? Midway or Ohare?
I thought it was very easy to get to/from Feinberg to Midway on the Orange line
D
deleted972488
Which airport is better to fly into for Feinberg? Midway or Ohare?
I did O’Hare. I would just go with whatever has cheaper flights.I thought it was very easy to get to/from Feinberg to Midway on the Orange line
D
deleted668917
Both are fine. Midway has the orange line. Ohare grade the blue line.Which airport is better to fly into for Feinberg? Midway or Ohare?
himalayansaltlamp
Full Member
I thought it was very easy to get to/from Feinberg to Midway on the Orange line
Midway might be cheaper if you’re planning on ubering
I thought it was very easy to get to/from Feinberg to Midway on the Orange line
I did O’Hare. I would just go with whatever has cheaper flights.
Both are fine. Midway has the orange line. Ohare grade the blue line.
Midway might be cheaper if you’re planning on ubering
I thought even though Midway is closer, it seems to require two trains on the orange line and a bus, whereas ohare blue line is more direct? But eah uber would be cheaper with midway bc its closer. Flights are same price for me.
D
deleted965528
O’Hare might be better because most of the other applicants will likely go there too. You can split cost of Uber and not have to ride alone.
D
deleted668917
They both require a bus to feinberg. You can take both to the loop, transfer to the redline then take a bus.I thought even though Midway is closer, it seems to require two trains on the orange line and a bus, whereas ohare blue line is more direct? But eah uber would be cheaper with midway bc its closer. Flights are same price for me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are you guys’ thoughts on pre ii updates? I know substantial. But how early or after complete date should we send?
What are you guys’ thoughts on pre ii updates? I know substantial. But how early or after complete date should we send?
Does Northwestern even allow them?
lactoseintolerant
Full Member
Does Northwestern even allow them?
Yes. In fact, I think Northwestern's admissions staff is the nicest of most places. If you email a pre-II update, they immediately add it to your file and will respond pretty quickly!
D
deleted993768
Anyone who interviewed for MSTP in August/October hear back with any decisions yet?
Interviewing tomorrow — are these interviews closed file? (Apologies if this was stated earlier, I couldn’t find it in the thread)
Open file; 3 interviews
Anyone who interviewed for MSTP in August/October hear back with any decisions yet?
Interviewed in early October and nothing yet!!
D
deleted993768
I personally dressed in a full suit both days just because even though the MSTP office was expecting business casual, I wanted to put my best foot forward with my faculty interviews.
But actually a lot of people didn’t wear a full suit, most wore like a dress shirt and khakis. The first day that is just getting to know the school was def more chill and you could wear business casual. The second day I’d probs go with something more formal since it’s the bulk of your actual interviews.
But actually a lot of people didn’t wear a full suit, most wore like a dress shirt and khakis. The first day that is just getting to know the school was def more chill and you could wear business casual. The second day I’d probs go with something more formal since it’s the bulk of your actual interviews.
This was asked before, but does anyone know if we should really dress business casual for the MSTP interview, per their website?
filthy_premed
Full Member
When I interviewed they said they get back to a small number of applicants in November, anyone know what date that is usually on?
When I interviewed they said they get back to a small number of applicants in November, anyone know what date that is usually on?
They didn't give a specific date but they mentioned my cohort of interviewers were the last to make it into those decisions being considered for the late November date; the dean made it sound like early interviewers will hear back on November and later interviewers on dates further down but not too sure since I've seen people mention there is only a small wave in November.
himalayansaltlamp
Full Member
anyone who's interviewed, what's the group interview like? thanks!
Super low-key, not stressful. No prep needed.anyone who's interviewed, what's the group interview like? thanks!
I snooped around last year's thread. Looks like they were supposed to send out decision emails around mid-Nov, but due to some technical issues, they were sent out November 30th.When I interviewed they said they get back to a small number of applicants in November, anyone know what date that is usually on?
D
deleted958920
They didn't give a specific date but they mentioned my cohort of interviewers were the last to make it into those decisions being considered for the late November date; the dean made it sound like early interviewers will hear back on November and later interviewers on dates further down but not too sure since I've seen people mention there is only a small wave in November.
Which cohort was that if you don't mind me asking?
Which cohort was that if you don't mind me asking?
Oct 23 interview; last II day to be considered in the Nov decision timeslot whenever that is
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted958920
Tight! Thanks for the info.
himalayansaltlamp
Full Member
Anyone with interview tomorrow have flight delays too
D
deleted972488
When I interviewed they said they get back to a small number of applicants in November, anyone know what date that is usually on?
They didn't give a specific date but they mentioned my cohort of interviewers were the last to make it into those decisions being considered for the late November date; the dean made it sound like early interviewers will hear back on November and later interviewers on dates further down but not too sure since I've seen people mention there is only a small wave in November.
At my interview (mid Sept) they said a small number of applicants would get accepted in November and the rest would get deferred. So you will hear something: either acceptance or deferred decision. If you’re deferred you still might get accepted in January or March.Tight! Thanks for the info.
edited to add: we were not given an exact date for the November decisions
Last edited by a moderator:
D
deleted958920
At my interview (mid Sept) they said a small number of applicants would get accepted in November and the rest would get deferred. So you will hear something: either acceptance or deferred decision. If you’re deferred you still might get accepted in January or March.
edited to add: we were not given an exact date for the November decisions
That makes sense. At my interview they told us to expect to be deferred but to not lose hope. They said a majority of acceptances will likely be given out in March. I was just curious which interviews were going to be reviewed before that November date whenever it is.
II!!!!! Completely overjoyed right now, especially since it’s been a tough cycle! Does anyone know how often their admission committee meets? I’m trying to decide if it make any difference if I go around Nov. 22 vs Dec. 6 (when I’m done with exams). Any help would be super appreciated!
D
deleted972488
I can’t imagine it making a difference.II!!!!! Completely overjoyed right now, especially since it’s been a tough cycle! Does anyone know how often their admission committee meets? I’m trying to decide if it make any difference if I go around Nov. 22 vs Dec. 6 (when I’m done with exams). Any help would be super appreciated!
Depends on whether they are issuing admissions periodically once they start. In this scenario, earlier the better.II!!!!! Completely overjoyed right now, especially since it’s been a tough cycle! Does anyone know how often their admission committee meets? I’m trying to decide if it make any difference if I go around Nov. 22 vs Dec. 6 (when I’m done with exams). Any help would be super appreciated!
when did you find out?II!!!!! Completely overjoyed right now, especially since it’s been a tough cycle!
himalayansaltlamp
Full Member
II!!!!! Completely overjoyed right now, especially since it’s been a tough cycle! Does anyone know how often their admission committee meets? I’m trying to decide if it make any difference if I go around Nov. 22 vs Dec. 6 (when I’m done with exams). Any help would be super appreciated!
I don’t think it matters too much! my interview was recently and they said we already missed the upcoming cut off for decisions. plus, a vast majority of applicants are deferred at first anyway.
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your complete date?II!!!!! Completely overjoyed right now, especially since it’s been a tough cycle! Does anyone know how often their admission committee meets? I’m trying to decide if it make any difference if I go around Nov. 22 vs Dec. 6 (when I’m done with exams). Any help would be super appreciated!
II!!!!! Completely overjoyed right now, especially since it’s been a tough cycle! Does anyone know how often their admission committee meets? I’m trying to decide if it make any difference if I go around Nov. 22 vs Dec. 6 (when I’m done with exams). Any help would be super appreciated!
Congratz!
The cut off for end of Nov. decisions has already passed so your two dates wouldn’t make a difference as they would all fall under the Feb. decision.
Also most of the people that make the Nov. decision timeslot are deferred/WLed until Feb. anyway so don’t worry and go whatever date works best for you
I was complete in mid July- didn't think I'd hear anything back!Congrats! Do you mind sharing your complete date?
10/30!when did you find out?
NomadMedic
Full Member
Yep! Just email them to the general admissions email address. They reply with a confirmation for you within about 48 business hours.Do they accept pre-II updates or LOIs?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted688779
Do they accept pre-II updates or LOIs?
Are pre-II updates typical?
For updates... is the subject of the email as simple as “current applicant letter of interest/update” lol
NomadMedic
Full Member
I like to include my AAMC number in the subject line (that's just me), then what you have would be fine!For updates... is the subject of the email as simple as “current applicant letter of interest/update” lol
Anyone have any estimate for the mid-November decisions?
Quote from someone in the 2018-2019 thread: "Edit 2: Making this edit for next year's applicants looking through this thread for more information on when they release acceptances. They originally intended to release an "accepted/deferred" email mid-November, but there was a technical issue. On Nov. 30th at 7/6PM EST/CST, they sent out the emails. The stat I remember hearing is that less than 1/3rd of the accepted applicants receive their acceptance in the first wave (the rest receiving them in February and so-forth off the waitlist) "
2017-2018 thread had decisions on Nov 19th.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 435K