You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Northwestern
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For those of you with IIs, do you remember how long it was after going into holistic review that you received your II? I was marked in review last Monday (before the checkbox disappeared RIP), and I'm wondering how long I should hold out hope... sorry to be neurotic, I just love this school so much!
I never recieved holistic review before I got my interview so I wouldn't worry so much about exact timelines; seems more like an automated thing rather than a window for II invitations.
For anybody who has interviewed here already this cycle (MD or MSTP): what was the dress code?
For my upcoming MSTP interview, the website says business casual is appropriate for both of our interview days but I can't believe they would be so lax with attire for both days--am I missing something? Any advice is appreciated!
For my upcoming MSTP interview, the website says business casual is appropriate for both of our interview days but I can't believe they would be so lax with attire for both days--am I missing something? Any advice is appreciated!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anybody who has interviewed here already this cycle (MD or MSTP): what was the dress code?
For my upcoming MSTP interview, the website says business casual is appropriate for both of our interview days but I can't believe they would be so lax with attire for both days--am I missing something? Any advice is appreciated!
For MD everyone showed up business professional, but that's also because no one ever mentioned anything about business casual at all, whether in email or in-person at the interview.
7
710118
For anybody who has interviewed here already this cycle (MD or MSTP): what was the dress code?
For my upcoming MSTP interview, the website says business casual is appropriate for both of our interview days but I can't believe they would be so lax with attire for both days--am I missing something? Any advice is appreciated!
Suit and tie, preferably not red
NomadMedic
Full Member
Awesome!! Wow, congrats!II today!! thought i was a goner :’) been in holistique review since the beginning of august
the_expert
Full Member
congrats! complete date?II today!! thought i was a goner :’) been in holistique review since the beginning of august
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
congrats dude! would you mind sharing your stats?II today!! thought i was a goner :’) been in holistique review since the beginning of august
congrats! complete date?
congrats dude! would you mind sharing your stats?
thanks guys, i was complete 07/16 and my LM is 76 🙂
the_expert
Full Member
congrats!! when were you completeII this morning!! super excited, thought the R was coming one of these days
congrats!! when were you complete
complete 8/3. box disappeared before I ever got into holistic review lol
I did not submit my AMCAS to Northwestern but I just got an email form the office of diversity saying they would waive my secondary app fee and I should apply. I don't know if this email is serious or if they just send it to all minorities with decent MCAT scores. I don't know if it's even worth it applying this late. I have a 516 MCAT and a 3.89 GPA and I'm URM. Any thoughts?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they send these to a lot of people from what ive read ... but if you have money for the primary to spare, I would say why not.I did not submit my AMCAS to Northwestern but I just got an email form the office of diversity saying they would waive my secondary app fee and I should apply. I don't know if this email is serious or if they just send it to all minorities with decent MCAT scores. I don't know if it's even worth it applying this late. I have a 516 MCAT and a 3.89 GPA and I'm URM. Any thoughts?
Did they say apply for this year? it seems quite late for them to be soliciting apps for this cycle.I did not submit my AMCAS to Northwestern but I just got an email form the office of diversity saying they would waive my secondary app fee and I should apply. I don't know if this email is serious or if they just send it to all minorities with decent MCAT scores. I don't know if it's even worth it applying this late. I have a 516 MCAT and a 3.89 GPA and I'm URM. Any thoughts?
I say go for it. They sent it to you for a reason. I got the letter and got an interview, similar stats as you. Plus if they're willing to waive the fee, why not? 🙂I did not submit my AMCAS to Northwestern but I just got an email form the office of diversity saying they would waive my secondary app fee and I should apply. I don't know if this email is serious or if they just send it to all minorities with decent MCAT scores. I don't know if it's even worth it applying this late. I have a 516 MCAT and a 3.89 GPA and I'm URM. Any thoughts?
The email didn't specify which cycle. I called the diversity office to ask some questions and the person I spoke to said I should apply based on my stats. She said she's seen people in similar situations as me get interviewed and even accepted. I figure I have nothing to lose but $40 from the primary application fee so might as well try.Did they say apply for this year? it seems quite late for them to be soliciting apps for this cycle.
Good luck. It looks like they dont have enough candidates if they are asking to apply this late which means you stand as good a chance as any others.The email didn't specify which cycle. I called the diversity office to ask some questions and the person I spoke to said I should apply based on my stats. She said she's seen people in similar situations as me get interviewed and even accepted. I figure I have nothing to lose but $40 from the primary application fee so might as well try.
9
907914
*Breathing noises intensify*like they dont have enough candidates
only if you are in that special URM group....*Breathing noises intensify*
D
deleted1011020
I did not submit my AMCAS to Northwestern but I just got an email form the office of diversity saying they would waive my secondary app fee and I should apply. I don't know if this email is serious or if they just send it to all minorities with decent MCAT scores. I don't know if it's even worth it applying this late. I have a 516 MCAT and a 3.89 GPA and I'm URM. Any thoughts?
I got it and have much lower stats. Its common.
7
710118
Anybody else just get an email newsletter from northwestern for “prospective students”? Interviewed here in early sept
Anybody else just get an email newsletter from northwestern for “prospective students”? Interviewed here in early sept
Interviewed here a week ago and also got the newsletter. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
D
deleted972488
Jk. I did. It was in my promotions box.I interviewed in early Sept and didn't get the newsletter.
D
deleted972488
Probably nothing.WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
Just got an II to a (rather low-ranked) school in Chicago. Should I chance an ITA email here?
Also, anyone know how to word these things?
Also, anyone know how to word these things?
genieinaflask
Full Member
When do they start sending acceptances, anyone know?
When do they start sending acceptances, anyone know?
If I remember right, they said theyd have 2 small waves in November and January, with the rest of the decisions coming in February
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the_expert
Full Member
II this week!
Last edited:
'Grats! Complete date?II just now!!
It's been silent for me since early July, anyone else?
+1It's been silent for me since early July, anyone else?
Same here.It's been silent for me since early July, anyone else?
D
deleted976595
Same here.
+3
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
D
deleted958920
Interviewed here yesterday. The hospital system was incredible, and all the students seemed to love it there. The administration seems to put a lot of value in student feedback which is always great. I also really liked that the Office of Diversity and Inclusion set up a dinner for me with some LGBT+ medical students as a part of the Reach OUT program. I would absolutely love attending medical school here.
D
deleted972488
I interviewed a little bit ago but I agree with everything you said, especially concerning the LGBT+ recruitment efforts. 🙂Interviewed here yesterday. The hospital system was incredible, and all the students seemed to love it there. The administration seems to put a lot of value in student feedback which is always great. I also really liked that the Office of Diversity and Inclusion set up a dinner for me with some LGBT+ medical students as a part of the Reach OUT program. I would absolutely love attending medical school here.
+1 for feeling SEEN and supported throughout my interview 🙂 we stan Anita!!!I interviewed a little bit ago but I agree with everything you said, especially concerning the LGBT+ recruitment efforts. 🙂
D
deleted965528
Can anyone comment on the interview here? I read the SDN page for this school and it seems like the stress level is rated higher than any other school I’ve interviewed at. Also seems like they like to do stress tests?
D
deleted972488
It likely heavily depends on whom interviews you. I did have one interviewer at this school who was a little cold, but just answer the questions to the best of your ability and hope for the best.Can anyone comment on the interview here? I read the SDN page for this school and it seems like the stress level is rated higher than any other school I’ve interviewed at. Also seems like they like to do stress tests?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted965528
It likely heavily depends on whom interviews you. I did have one interviewer at this school who was a little cold, but just answer the questions to the best of your ability and hope for the best.
If you don't mind me asking, how was the group interview and should I prepare for the ethical scenarios?
I had an interviewer at another school who was obviously trying to stress test but it was done in a very rude, aggressive, and even kind of racist way. Ever since then I have been getting anxiety about these interviewers and turned off by schools who decide to interview in this manner.
If you don't mind me asking, how was the group interview and should I prepare for the ethical scenarios?
I had an interviewer at another school who was obviously trying to stress test but it was done in a very rude, aggressive, and even kind of racist way. Ever since then I have been getting anxiety about these interviewers and turned off by schools who decide to interview in this manner.
Group interview is incredibly chill, no thought ahead of time even needed! And I know it’s a sample size of one, but both of my interviewers were very positive. No stress testing or any sort of aggressiveness!
II! Complete 8/12 🙂 Excited for my first Chicago school.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 435K