You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Northwestern
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I took it to mean that everything is in and now you’re finally being reviewed. Don’t have to do anything except refresh your email daily 🙁Does having the holistic review box mean anything? Or does it mean my application is just finally under review? I submitted a couple weeks ago
Submitted mid July still no holistic review lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NomadMedic
Full Member
samesies, just keep breathin'Submitted mid July still no holistic review lol
the_expert
Full Member
Refreshing is all we can do at this point 🙁 and obsessively checking spam and trash folders.I took it to mean that everything is in and now you’re finally being reviewed. Don’t have to do anything except refresh your email daily 🙁
NomadMedic
Full Member
serenity now!Refreshing is all we can do at this point 🙁 and obsessively checking spam and trash folders.
9
907914
Anyone else happy to hear back from Northwestern about their Masters of Science in Law?! Yay /s
D
deleted972488
+1Anyone else happy to hear back from Northwestern about their Masters of Science in Law?! Yay /s
D
deleted996731
Literally could feel my heart speed up the second I saw an email notification from themAnyone else happy to hear back from Northwestern about their Masters of Science in Law?! Yay /s
Unsubscribe works.Anyone else happy to hear back from Northwestern about their Masters of Science in Law?! Yay /s
9
907914
How do I do this in outlook?Unsubscribe works.
These messages are marketing messages. You can find an unsubscribe link on these messages somewhere at the bottom. The programs have zero relationship in most cases to the MD program itself and they assume that people might be trying to improve their GPA etc before applying to med schools just because they have taken MCAT.How do I do this in outlook?
9
907914
Oh hey, look at that. An unsubscribe button. Also, Northwestern’s law school is named Pritzker...what is a Pritzker that two different institutions name their stuff after it?These messages are marketing messages. You can find an unsubscribe link on these messages somewhere at the bottom. The programs have zero relationship in most cases to the MD program itself and they assume that people might be trying to improve their GPA etc before applying to med schools just because they have taken MCAT.
9
907914
Apparently it is a bunch of rich Chicago people. Sweet.Oh hey, look at that. An unsubscribe button. Also, Northwestern’s law school is named Pritzker...what is a Pritzker that two different institutions name their stuff after it?
Oh hey, look at that. An unsubscribe button. Also, Northwestern’s law school is named Pritzker...what is a Pritzker that two different institutions name their stuff after it?
If you end up in Chicago, or maybe even when you visit, you’ll quickly notice there are about five families (Pritzker among them) that own almost everything in the city!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9
907914
Well, I will be in Chicago on Sunday and Monday for an interview so will keep an eye out.If you end up in Chicago, or maybe even when you visit, you’ll quickly notice there are about five families (Pritzker among them) that own almost everything in the city!
Apparently it is a bunch of rich Chicago people. Sweet.
It was pretty cheap back then.
Became a lot more money by 2015 to get the Law school renamed.Following a $16 million gift from the Pritzker family of Chicago (founders of the Hyatt hotel group) to the University of Chicago, the School of Medicine was renamed in their honor in 1968.[3]
Northwestern’s law school gets $100 million Pritzker gift, new name
When J.B. Pritzker’s great-grandfather immigrated to Chicago in 1881, he had to work his way through law school. Aiming to help disadvantaged students — like Nicholas J. Pritzker once was — attend a top tier law school,…
Interestingly, 15 mil in 1968 became 104 mil in 2015. So they got a discount.
Not case western
Not case western
I meant Northwestern, sorry :/
9
907914
They are not very friendly to non-trads, their class is predominantly their own undergrads and traditional applicants.Does anyone know how holistic case western is? And whether or not it favors nontraditional applicant?
D
deleted972488
Just woke up to an II... happy Sunday!
9
907914
*starts typing my in the area email to see if I can interview on tuesday*Just woke up to an II... happy Sunday!
D
deleted972488
I think I read somewhere that Northwestern does not appreciate ITA emails.*starts typing my in the area email to see if I can interview invites tuesday*
CRUSHING IT THIS WEEK <3333Just woke up to an II... happy Sunday!
@ everybody, how long is it taking people to get into holistic review?
9
907914
About 2 weeks after submission. Only happens on Mondays.CRUSHING IT THIS WEEK <3333
@ everybody, how long is it taking people to get into holistic review?
D
deleted972488
Also, FYI, the email came last night. I am just an old person and go to bed early.Just woke up to an II... happy Sunday!
I've been complete since 7/23. Still no holistic review.... 🙁About 2 weeks after submission. Only happens on Mondays.
9
907914
I’m sorry, you’re just not holistic enough.I've been complete since 7/23. Still no holistic review.... 🙁
Legit answer though, it will happen either tomorrow or the week after. You re on their list, don’t worry.
Chin-up, young Padawan. Anakin has not yet invaded the Jedi temple, we are still free to train in peace.
Same complete date as you. Guess I'm also not holistic enough hahahahaI've been complete since 7/23. Still no holistic review.... 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7
710118
Would any current students here be willing to chat briefly about the school/program? 🙂
Just got an II! I can't believe they work on sundays!
Congrats! Do you know when you were marked “in holistic review”?Just got an II! I can't believe they work on sundays!
So, anyone know what time on Monday they update? xP
rune2h
Full Member
They already updated. Over the weekend my secondary was showing as not received, but I am now showing as complete.So, anyone know what time on Monday they update? xP
Thank you @xkcd6330! I don't know when I was marked in holistic review 🙁Congrats! Do you know when you were marked “in holistic review”?
I guess I'm not holistic enough to be reviewed holistically yet 🙁They already updated. Over the weekend my secondary was showing as not received, but I am now showing as complete.
same :'< complete 7/25I guess I'm not holistic enough to be reviewed holistically yet 🙁
9
977968
Hey guys. I was complete 7/12/19 and in holistic review pretty soon after. I'm 3.9X/520 applicant, and I heard Northwestern kinda automatically sends out II to "high stat" applicants...have I been overlooked for some other reason since it's been a full month?
Similar stats and have not received an II. was in holistic review mid July as well. Just be patient.Hey guys. I was complete 7/12/19 and in holistic review pretty soon after. I'm 3.9X/520 applicant, and I heard Northwestern kinda automatically sends out II to "high stat" applicants...have I been overlooked for some other reason since it's been a full month?
9
977968
Will do, thanks man! Congrats on all your II's by the way, I'm super impressed. What do you think is the reason behind all of them? 🙂Similar stats and have not received an II. was in holistic review mid July as well. Just be patient.
D
deleted972488
I was complete 7/5 and just got an II this Saturday night, so by that timeline you should get one this coming Saturday night. Also, it’s still early in the cycle and I would not assume you’ve been “overlooked” until you hear otherwise.Hey guys. I was complete 7/12/19 and in holistic review pretty soon after. I'm 3.9X/520 applicant, and I heard Northwestern kinda automatically sends out II to "high stat" applicants...have I been overlooked for some other reason since it's been a full month?
Hey guys. I was complete 7/12/19 and in holistic review pretty soon after. I'm 3.9X/520 applicant, and I heard Northwestern kinda automatically sends out II to "high stat" applicants...have I been overlooked for some other reason since it's been a full month?
I feel like it’s possible you were assigned a reviewer who is just taking long to actually review your app.
Thanks! Luck and good stats haha. And applying extremely broadly.Will do, thanks man! Congrats on all your II's by the way, I'm super impressed. What do you think is the reason behind all of them? 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted994247
this a neurotic post, but here it goes:
for anyone who hasn't submitted the secondary yet, can you please check the difference between the buttons "save and continue" vs. "next?" I did my entire application on a text edit doc and then copied and pasted my sections into the portal. Last night as I was falling asleep I realized that as I was doing this, I was clicking "next" on each page instead of "save and continue." Worried that every time I hit "next" it wasn't saving the changes I made to each page. Since you can't access ur completed application, I can't double-check my own sanity.
for anyone who hasn't submitted the secondary yet, can you please check the difference between the buttons "save and continue" vs. "next?" I did my entire application on a text edit doc and then copied and pasted my sections into the portal. Last night as I was falling asleep I realized that as I was doing this, I was clicking "next" on each page instead of "save and continue." Worried that every time I hit "next" it wasn't saving the changes I made to each page. Since you can't access ur completed application, I can't double-check my own sanity.
NomadMedic
Full Member
Entered holistic review over the weekend. I have a pretty weak MCAT with a 4.0 cGPA, so I am not confident my review will lead to an interview. Glad to see the process moving along, though. Good luck everyone!
When did you submit the secondary?Entered holistic review over the weekend. I have a pretty weak MCAT with a 4.0 cGPA, so I am not confident my review will lead to an interview. Glad to see the process moving along, though. Good luck everyone!
NomadMedic
Full Member
I submitted my secondary on 7/12 and received a "complete" email on 7/15.When did you submit the secondary?
II!!!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 435K