2019-2020 Northwestern

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From MSAR, a high number of students with no volunteering, shadowing, or paid employment suggests both young applicants and many BS/MD folks. Also, less than 20% of their class is older than 24 suggesting few gap years and even fewer real nontrads.

hmmm thank you for the info! im only slightly non trad (2 years off school between undergrad and matriculation) but still am according to their definition, and IS with above average but not high stats so im wondering if its a waste of time to apply or not
 
Anyone with an II know the last dates available? I'm gonna be back in Chicago in October, wondering if an ITA would be appropriate. Thanks, friends
 
Anyone with an II know the last dates available? I'm gonna be back in Chicago in October, wondering if an ITA would be appropriate. Thanks, friends
I believe when I scheduled mine the choices were Tuesdays in September. There may have been another day of the week, too. But I’ve heard Northwestern isn’t receptive to ITA requests.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was browsing through last years thread and it seems like holistic review is chronological by complete date. Complete on 7/22 but still no holistic review. I’ll keep checking for all of us neurotic ones 😉
I don't think that it is chronological. I was expecting to wait at least a month after submitting 8/19, but I was placed in holistic review yesterday.
 
DBD97336-F3AC-4BCE-AE0E-4ADD61155D04.jpeg
Finally in holistic!!!
 
Lol is this not a legitimate thing to wonder about? Guess I'm just losing it
My checkbox is the same as all the other checkboxes and I got an II... definitely not something to be concerned about.

I think throwaway was just making a gag post.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! Anyone who has already interviewed - how was the day? Stressful? Chill? Neither? Both? I'd love to hear about the experience!
 
+2 for like a month and a half...but, like...flying to Chicago is expensive lol
+1 love me NWestern please
At least you are at that point. A lot of us here were complete early and not even in “holistic review.” So enjoy the interviews you already have!

Just here to check in and say that I submitted in MID august and so safe to say, I will not be Holistic for a long long time.
RIP application (gone with the wind)
 
I dont think I ever went into "holistic review." straight from complete -> II. I hope this fuels more MemeLord theories.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad