2019-2020 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just checked MSAR and it says that 60 people are typically selected off the waitlist (out of 260). Was kind of expecting more than that tbh :/
Was this data just added? Didn't see it before.
Definitely wasn't there last year.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I withdrew my acceptance yesterday. So sad because I feel like I've loved Tulane for years, but it wasn't meant to be

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has everyone who interviewed received a decision? I haven't seen many decisions being posted in here recently. I interviewed in October, got acceptance range in December. Hoping there's some waitlist movement soon!

Has everyone who interviewed received a decision? I haven't seen many decisions being posted in here recently. I interviewed in October, got acceptance range in December. Hoping there's some waitlist movement soon!

Also interviewed in October and got acceptance range in December.... and haven't heard anything since

Interviewed in September and wait-listed in December.
Interviewed in November, WL'ed in end of Jan. MSAR shows 60/260 came off the WL last year. Greater things have been done on 20% odds.

Interviewed in November, WL'ed in end of Jan. MSAR shows 60/260 came off the WL last year. Greater things have been done on 20% odds.

Interviewed in November and WLed in January as well. Hoping for the best!

+1 on this for me as well. May the odds be ever in our favor

Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping to hear back from financial aid soon
I still haven't received my Gibson login yet but it's also only been a week since my A. Just worried about the April 30th deadline since finances will definitely impact my final choice of med schools.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed January and acceptance ranged April 13.
Does anyone know the efficacy of adding updates at this point? Or is the application complete after a decision has been issued?

Interviewed January and acceptance ranged April 13.
Does anyone know the efficacy of adding updates at this point? Or is the application complete after a decision has been issued?
I feel like it can't hurt to send an update letter if you want to!

Has anyone not received their financial aid packages, despite submitting fafsa and the medical student addendum? I've completed steps 1-6 on the financial aid checklist about three weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything back from the financial aid office, just wanted to know whether thats normal or whether i should go ahead and email them about it.
Ditto

I emailed them asking about the April 30th deadline for the deposit and to claim a spot in the class and was told that since finances are so integral to my decision that as long as I kept them updated I could wait until my financial aid package was completed before either committing or withdrawing my application. So for anyone else out here worried about the deadline I'd go ahead and shoot them an email, they seem to be very understanding in that regard.

Reactions: 4 users
I emailed them asking about the April 30th deadline for the deposit and to claim a spot in the class and was told that since finances are so integral to my decision that as long as I kept them updated I could wait until my financial aid package was completed before either committing or withdrawing my application. So for anyone else out here worried about the deadline I'd go ahead and shoot them an email, they seem to be very understanding in that regard.
How does that work if you have to narrow down to one choice by April 30th?

Oh my god Tulane, I love you but if I wanted to do the accelerated MD/MBA program I would have responded to the first 10 emails. Chill.

Reactions: 2 users
I was just accepted off of the waitlist! First MD acceptance and I couldn't be happier!!!

Interviewed September, waitlisted October. OOS reapplicant

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
I was just accepted off of the waitlist! First MD acceptance and I couldn't be happier!!!

Interviewed September, waitlisted October. OOS reapplicant
congrats!! Did you send a letter of intent or updates?

How does that work if you have to narrow down to one choice by April 30th?
If you're talking about how it works in regards to the AMCAS April 30th deadline you just select "plan to enroll" rather than "commit to enroll". According to AMCAS this "plan to enroll" means that students can "...continue to interview, hold my current acceptance offers and receive additional acceptance offers, and remain on any waitlist at any other medical schools to which I applied". Whereas "commit to enroll" indicates that "...I have made my final selection and withdrawn all other applications, including waitlist positions".

If you're talking about how it works in regards to the AMCAS April 30th deadline you just select "plan to enroll" rather than "commit to enroll". According to AMCAS this "plan to enroll" means that students can "...continue to interview, hold my current acceptance offers and receive additional acceptance offers, and remain on any waitlist at any other medical schools to which I applied". Whereas "commit to enroll" indicates that "...I have made my final selection and withdrawn all other applications, including waitlist positions".
Apologies, I misread your post and thought you were talking about holding an acceptance at Tulane after April 30 while PTE at a different school.

I’m also wondering about this since I haven’t received my package yet (I've submitted fafsa and the addendum; I’m not sure about the other steps you mentioned but my checklist says complete). Please let me know if you end up contacting them!
I ended up emailing them and they just sent me a long email that essentially amounted to "we're going as quickly as we can, but here is your projected loan amount unless you were given a scholarship we don't know about"

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
For anyone wondering about financial aid packages, I heard from Cindy Morris today and she said that they will be meeting next week to discuss how they are going to allocate the remaining scholarships. So hopefully we should have our packages by end of next week or early the following week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got my package officially! damn med school COA who hurt u :dead:

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
I just refreshed my Gibson portal and saw my financial aid package (did not receive an email to check, and it also was not there earlier today). It was all Grad PLUS and unsubsidized loans ($94K offered in total). I will be withdrawing but good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Subject line "Financial Aid Award." I got mine too and that price tag is just too high T_T Withdrawing and hoping my spot goes to one of y'all!

Reactions: 5 users
Does Tulane only give out loans? Do they give out need based aid?

Incoming T1 also here to help!
These secondary questions seem so generic for a school that gets as many applications as Tulane -- how do you stand out to the admissions committee as someone who's really interested in Tulane, especially as someone from a totally different region of the country?

$65K is the tuition. The other $30K is miscellaneous crap, ie....a wash. You gotta pay to live ......no matter where you end up.
Exactly, that’s why I don’t recommend focusing on the COA. Focus on tuition, books, fees.

For those that uploaded an update or letter to the portal, did they send any acknowledgment? I apologize if this was answered before; I am just a little anxious wondering if they received my update and letter or not