2019-2020 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have stats on how many II they give out vs acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite today!! Complete 8/9.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
... II with a sub 95% MCAT. I'm stunned

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Application status changed to processed yesterday but no II. Is the R inbound?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's still way too early in the interview season and no one gets rejected this early so slow the neuroticism. (not sure about MSTP)

It's still way too early in the interview season and no one gets rejected this early so slow the neuroticism. (not sure about MSTP)
Unless you applied to uchicago :cryi:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Several schools are sending rejections - Case, Cleveland, Mayo...
Tulane, UCSD, Chicago...
The point was that WashU has not started rejecting yet. They have many more IIs to send out (they historically interview a fairly large percentage of their applicant pool - over 20% according to MSAR) and people should stop reading too far into status changes on the application portal.

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone here receive an email today about financial status required for international students ?

Just to double check, once you're complete
the status says: "your application has been processed" right?

or does that mean it's been passed over already

Do people leave the failure question blank since it's optional, often? Or would that indicate a lack of interest in the school?
One person left it blank and still got an ii. I assume the majority of applicants fill it out

IIRC the admissions office did an AMA and they said that they really don't care if you fill it out or not. So I'm thinking it's just if you have something REALLY important to say, otherwise they don't care.

if you applied to their ba/md do they still have your past application on file to read? or do they not bother? if so, I was thinking I should reference the hardship I mentioned in that app, in the secondary, as an update.

You should probably reach out to admissions for a definite answer on this.

any tips on how to prep for the interview? where do ppl find out if its mmi/open or closed file etc?

It's a regular interview - have a friend who is there now. Not sure about open vs. closed, but I've heard it's actually quite variable depending on your interviewer. Some of them do their due diligence and read all your stuff, others will give it a cursory glance, and others just go in cold.

Also, II on 9/9 with app submitted 7/26 and all letters of rec received 8/20

Reactions: 3 users
Did your guys portals say “application processed” before II?

For those who have interviewed, what time did your interview day end? Wondering what time to schedule my flight afterward

Ive been complete for over a month, "Application has been processed" for over 10 days.
Anyone else in the same boat?

Inbound R (soon)?

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone who has interviewed already share their experience in terms of what to expect / length of each interview / stress level ?

Can anyone who has interviewed already share their experience in terms of what to expect / length of each interview / stress level ?
Very very relaxed interviews, no difficult questions. They are technically scheduled as a 20 minute closed file and a 30 minute open file, but it depends on the interviewer- seems like a bunch of them went over time.

Did anyone use a "Is there anything else you would like to share with the Committee on Admissions? (optional)" as a Why WashU?
I used it more as a "Why StL" which let me overlap a lot with my Saint Louis U app.

Did anyone else with an II sign up on the portal to stay in their CORE Residences? If so, did they follow up with you? Thanks :)

Did anyone else with an II sign up on the portal to stay in their CORE Residences? If so, did they follow up with you? Thanks :)
Yes I did! Haven't heard back yet, interviewing in early October

Very very relaxed interviews, no difficult questions. They are technically scheduled as a 20 minute closed file and a 30 minute open file, but it depends on the interviewer- seems like a bunch of them went over time.
oh interesting. I haven't had any close filed interviews yet. Should I be the one guiding the conversation in this type of interview?

oh interesting. I haven't had any close filed interviews yet. Should I be the one guiding the conversation in this type of interview?

They had questions to ask you, but you can definitely choose what you want to talk about in your app for each question!

II! so stoked for this one!
complete 7/19, and my status switched from "Under review" to "processed" 1-2 weeks ago

• Love
Reactions: 4 users