2019-2020 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I hate to be that guy...I show “complete” on the portal but didn’t get a complete email....Does this mean anything...? Finished the app on 7/1
If it's marked complete on the portal, I'm sure your application is actually complete. Maybe the automatic email thing didn't work.

Reactions: 1 user
I hate to be that guy...I show “complete” on the portal but didn’t get a complete email....Does this mean anything...? Finished the app on 7/1

I got a complete email about a week and a half after submitting my app, received an II last week

• Sad
Alright y’all...WashU is gonna be Pitt 2.0.... been almost 2 month for me, no email no II

I don't think this needs to be Pitt 2.0 haha! I'm sure you are fine and they are reviewing your app

I never got a complete email either, so you should be fine!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Took the bullet for you guys and called since it’s been about 20 days for me and not complete yet. They said 10 days is usually the average. They also said to look out for the email this week so rest easy my early August folks

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my interview a couple hours ago! I was marked complete on 8/02. I'm having a lot of trouble scheduling an interview though... is anyone else? Whenever I click on a date on the interview calendar it gives me an error warning. It might just be that traffic on the site might is really heavy right now.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my interview a couple hours ago! I was marked complete on 8/02. I'm having a lot of trouble scheduling an interview though... is anyone else? Whenever I click on a date on the interview calendar it gives me an error warning. It might just be that traffic on the site might is really heavy right now.
It's very laggy for me. Took me a while to pick my date and now the one I originally wanted is all full :(

It's very laggy for me. Took me a while to pick my date and now the one I originally wanted is all full :(
For you, were there any "Select This Date" buttons on the calendar? All I can see are empty boxes with clickable dates, and clicking any of them gives me an error. Just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time clicking date after date waiting for something different to happen lol.

For you, were there any "Select This Date" buttons on the calendar? All I can see are empty boxes with clickable dates, and clicking any of them gives me an error. Just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time clicking date after date waiting for something different to happen lol.
I managed to schedule my interview after a ton of waiting. Maybe log out and log back in?

So basically, how long does it take to have one's application marked complete after secondary?

Having this same problem! Were you able to resolve it?

So basically, how long does it take to have one's application marked complete after secondary?
It took a little under a month for me, but they marked it complete after I called to check on the status

• Sad
Having this same problem! Were you able to resolve it?
I tried again on a different network and the option to select a date finally loaded, I just had to be extremely persistent

It took 2 days for me. Submitted secondary late August. LM 80+

Seriously, 2 days? That concerns me, anyone else in my situation?: Submitted secondary mid August, LM 80+.They still haven't processed my LORs and it's been over 10 business days. Maybe I should reach out? No other schools have issues with my LORs though.

Seriously, 2 days? That concerns me, anyone else in my situation?: Submitted secondary mid August, LM 80+.They still haven't processed my LORs and it's been over 10 business days. Maybe I should reach out? No other schools have issues with my LORs though.
Processing of my letters took over 10

I made an earlier post about this. I was complete early August and still nothing. They said I’d be complete sometime this week

Submit 8/25, complete 8/28

Big reach but good luck everybody!

Reactions: 3 users
Submit 8/25, complete 8/28

Big reach but good luck everybody!

A high heavens reach for me as well
finally marked complete today after 17 days

I have a question on the "documents" section. It says you can upload documents such as CV/Resume and Research related prompts (abstracts). As someone who has been heavily involved in research for the past two years (and upcoming year), would you suggest that I send an abstract of my work? I am not applying to PHD/MD but am still interested in having research roles throughout my career.

Hopefully you did send abstracts of your work. No need to weaken a strong hand. If not, can always save it for post interview updates, etc

Congrats to everyone with an II so far. Would be rooting for you all when I start seeing all those shiny suits walking around very soon

Hey, So I submitted in July and my committee letter was uploaded on July 31, but it still says my letters have not been received. I did not have this problem with other schools, so should I contact WashU? Did anyone else have this problem?

Hey, So I submitted in July and my committee letter was uploaded on July 31, but it still says my letters have not been received. I did not have this problem with other schools, so should I contact WashU? Did anyone else have this problem?
I’d recommend a quick call just so you don’t worry about it. The reception staff is very friendly!

My letters took 5 weeks t be verified by their office

II just now, complete around 7/15 or so

+1

edit: complete 7/9 i think

edit 2: they only have this weds and 2 days next week available. smh. gonna call and see about october

II just now !! Yay :’) Complete 7/16, LM>80.

II! Complete 8/16. Available dates were Oct 9,15,16,17, and 23.

Ahhh the portal is so slow...

Last edited:
Ahhh the portal is so slow... Also I don't see a "confirm" button when choosing a date

I didn't see the button and so refreshed the page and now the dates are all gone?? I've gone into November and December as well

I didn't see the button and so refreshed the page and now the dates are all gone?? I've gone into November and December as well
Same. Probably just some glitch with everyone flooding into their portals. Sometimes when I refresh, the dates appear again but I still can't select and confirm one...

Just called admissions who said to keep trying via the portal as it's been flooded with users

II, complete early august

When is the first interview date here? Is it in October? That’s what their website says. Just wondering how many interview slots of the nearly 1000 they’ve filled up so far.

When is the first interview date here? Is it in October? That’s what their website says. Just wondering how many interview slots of the nearly 1000 they’ve filled up so far.
They had a few September slots.