2019-2020 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hope, but no II yet! On their website they use "WUStL"

I don't think they are going to take offense as long as you get the idea across

GOtcha, Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
On my portal, it says everything has a green checkmark (app submitted, fee paid, LOR received/approved) but it says my application is not complete/ready... anyone else have this now or had this before? Is it just a waiting game or is there anything you did to complete your app? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
My letters have been received finally! Anyone still waiting might want to check!
Hey, when were your letters submitted? Mine should have been submitted in June since that's the month other schools received them

On my portal, it says everything has a green checkmark (app submitted, fee paid, LOR received/approved) but it says my application is not complete/ready... anyone else have this now or had this before? Is it just a waiting game or is there anything you did to complete your app? Thanks!

Have the same. Letters just changed to completed yesterday so I figured it could take a few more days maybe.

Hi again everyone,
Did everyone here also complete the optional unsuccessful/failure prompt?
I do have an essay for that but it wont be more than 50% of their word limit. So better to leave it blank or still do it?

Hi again everyone,
I do have an essay for that but it wont be more than 50% of their word limit. So better to leave it blank or still do it?
I think most people did. Short is fine as long as it addresses the prompt.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi again everyone,
You might as well do it, since it is a required prompt at many other schools.

I think most people did. Short is fine as long as it addresses the prompt.

Cool beans
On another note:

People ask always mention how they misspelled the name of the school etc but where are those happening?
Is that name mention only happening in the "Why us" type of prompts?
Should we be throwing school names into other parts too?

Cool beans
On another note:

People ask always mention how they misspelled the name of the school etc but where are those happening?
I never mentioned the school's name unless the prompt did. Even then, sometimes not, depending on the prompt.

I never mentioned the school's name unless the prompt did. Even then, sometimes not, depending on the prompt.

I support this. Im doing the same. Just was wondering why people have problems with the school name on secondaries.
I dont even think its a common prompt (not compared to the challenge/failure etc types)

Cool beans
On another note:

Specifically with this school, it is Washington University, not Washington State University or University of Washington. A lot of people think they are the same thing....

You should reference them in a ‘why us’ or a diversity essay that specifically references the school like “how can you contribute to our class”

Members don't see this ad :)
I support this. Im doing the same. Just was wondering why people have problems with the school name on secondaries.
I dont even think its a common prompt (not compared to the challenge/failure etc types)
Why us...I probably wrote about 9(?) of them. It is pretty common.

Hey, when were your letters submitted? Mine should have been submitted in June since that's the month other schools received them
I submitted my primary around July 2nd, and letters were complete on July 11th. My letters were all submitted by June 27th I believe.

Anyone know when they start releasing II's?

Should I call or email them about not receiving my letters? It's been 12 days now.

MSTP II just now!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got my "application complete" email, and my portal now shows letters approved. I submitted my primary on 7/26 and secondary on 7/31.

Just got my "application complete" email, and my portal now shows letters approved. I submitted my primary on 7/26 and secondary on 7/31.

I'm complete in the portal since 7/7 with letters approved but no complete email :shrug:

I did a list with a short paragraph for each but left out specifics that I felt weren't critical to the message. My activities were simultaneous as well so I just put things in rough chronological order.

Interview invite just now!!! Complete application July 2, I think my letters took 1-2 days to get verified on their portal.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
II as well!

Edit: complete around 7/11

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
II earlier today! Excited to visit my family in St. Louis :)

Complete first week of July

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
got an II today! Anyone know how good of aid WashU gives out?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Did you guys with IIs get a complete email? Or is WUSTL going the same hanky panky as Pitt?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
II!! :) complete early July!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
This school is such a far reach that Im counting on it but about how long does it take to be marked complete (my LOR hasnt registered yet for some reason)

This school is such a far reach that Im counting on it but about how long does it take to be marked complete (my LOR hasnt registered yet for some reason)
I submitted on 7/31 and got my complete email on 8/16.

Just got sent a URM/diversity email; do they send these out to all applicants? Haven’t applied here so not sure its worth it since most of the times these are school ads

Just got sent a URM/diversity email; do they send these out to all applicants? Haven’t applied here so not sure its worth it since most of the times these are school ads
Received one of these last year + a nice brochure in the mail -- unless they offer a fee waiver (I think only Pritzker and Northwestern do this, maybe Vanderbilt too), then it's just an advertisement! Don't let that discourage you from shooting your shot, though

Received an MSTP rejection today: “While your application is strong, we are limited in the number of individuals we can interview for the program.”

Cannot tell if this is a form rejection sent to everyone, but if it is, it’s a very nice form.

Reactions: 2 users