You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Weill Cornell
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
they doDo they accept pre-II updates via email?
What date are they on now?II on 11/26! Complete 8/17
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II about an hour ago! Complete 08/06. They are scheduling into Mid-December right now.
omg thankyou for giving july hopeSame, II today! Complete in aug lol
Edit: ok actually complete July 13th lol I misremembered
II this afternoon for mid-Dec interview! Complete early July.
omg thankyou for giving july hope
<3 I turned down the II because almost certainly going elsewhere and my wish is for it to go to YOUUUU
they do
did the admissions office at weill cornell respond to your email after submitting the update letter? i got no response, but i'm not sure whether or not that's standard
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
When I submitted my update letter I got a standard email saying that it was received.did the admissions office at weill cornell respond to your email after submitting the update letter? i got no response, but i'm not sure whether or not that's standard
For those with II's, did anyone get a confirmation email after sending the picture they asked for?
I did about 2 hours after I sent it in.For those with II's, did anyone get a confirmation email after sending the picture they asked for?
Huh I emailed mine about a week ago and didn't get any confirmation.I did about 2 hours after I sent it in.
beyondconfusedneedhelplps
Full Member
I didn’t get a confirmation for my photo and already had my interview.Huh I emailed mine about a week ago and didn't get any confirmation.
I sent both emails (interview date preference and photo) and just got an interview date confirmation a day or two after. Nothing to confirm receiving the photo though.
D
deleted688779
About to send an ITA, anyone know if they interview the week of Jan 20?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody have good hotel recommendations (or alternatively, places to absolutely stay clear of)?
D
deleted996731
Pod is cheap and good enough for a nightDoes anybody have good hotel recommendations (or alternatively, places to absolutely stay clear of)?
juliannewman
Full Member
Any other schools you noticed like that?So I spent an embarrassing amount of time going through their previous years thread and Cornell was one of the schools that sent out interviews LATE into the season. From sdn users there were like bunch throughout Nov/dec/Jan all the way until February.
notapremed1010
New Member
Not 100% sure, I THINK I saw Dartmouth was late too?Any other schools you noticed like that?
Any other schools you noticed like that?
northwestern, Stanford, and somewhat uchicago all were notably giving out interviews throughout dec and into Jan. For Stanford it was even into February (although some say they were running behind last year).
Has there been a recent R-wave here? Based on last year, should we expect one coming up?
There should be R and an II wave but likely next week.Has there been a recent R-wave here? Based on last year, should we expect one coming up?
Have any MSTP applicants heard anything? I think they mentioned post-interview decisions would be released this week...
Nothing yet 😵
I’m under the impression we will get news today, whether it’s good, bad, or in-between....
Having trouble focusing at work
Nothing here either. I also think it’s supposed to be today. It’s absolutely anxiety-inducing. Just wanna know.Have any MSTP applicants heard anything? I think they mentioned post-interview decisions would be released this week...
just received the call! accepted to Tri I!
D
deleted688779
Time to send in that Hail Mary...There should be R and an II wave but likely next week.
testing121212
Full Member
Any other A's for MSTP students today? Still waiting...
Nope, still waiting as well. I wonder how, when, and if rejections will be communicated today.Any other A's for MSTP students today? Still waiting...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
testing121212
Full Member
Nope, still waiting as well. I wonder how, when, and if rejections will be communicated today.
Just got an R by email
Just got an R by email
For MSTP?
testing121212
Full Member
YesFor MSTP?
I just got waitlisted via email. I imagine that may be in effect a rejection. SucksJust got an R by email
Interviewing Tuesday and it looks like it might snow. Can anyone comment on the tour portion (i.e. was there a lot of outside walking)? Just trying to plan whether I should bring back-up shoes to switch out of heels...
You should always have backup shoes for walking..Interviewing Tuesday and it looks like it might snow. Can anyone comment on the tour portion (i.e. was there a lot of outside walking)? Just trying to plan whether I should bring back-up shoes to switch out of heels...
pre-II R by email last week. Weill Cornell was the most competitive school I was applying to (in terms of stats) so this wasn't unexpected haha
complete date?pre-II R by email last week. Weill Cornell was the most competitive school I was applying to (in terms of stats) so this wasn't unexpected haha
7/26complete date?
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
sorry to hear that :/ I was complete 8/7 so I’m sure my time will come soon lol7/26
I’m so sorry. Can I ask when you were complete however? I’m getting nervous.R today
7/11I’m so sorry. Can I ask when you were complete however? I’m getting nervous.
Oh no, it’s starting... complete 8/15Pre II R this morning. Complete early august
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Yikes complete 8/7...Oh no, it’s starting... complete 8/15
ochem_master2
Full Member
Is this pre-II rejection?Oh no, it’s starting... complete 8/15
Oh no, sorry for the confusion! Still silence on my end, I’m just nervous!Is this pre-II rejection?
I surely hope not. Last year they were sending out IIs in late Jan for Feb interviews.New to these threads, is Cornell done sending II's?
There was a small pre-II R wave last week or the week before if you dig back in this thread, and I'm sure there are more to come unfortunately, but I don't know if Cornell does them in massive waves like some other schools.Have they been sending a bunch of pre-II R's yet or is there still a massive wave to come do you know?