-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Weill Cornell
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Rejected and ejected complete mid july
the_expert
Full Member
complete early july silence; wheres my axe?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same 😏complete early july silence; wheres my axe?
complete early july silence; wheres my axe?
Same. Also sent a failed ITA many many months ago.
same 😏
Same, at this point I’m waiting for a massive R wave I feel like
Same hereSame. Also sent a failed ITA many many months ago.
zeerabiscuit
Full Member
II today, complete late July, sent ITA in late November and an update in late October. They gave me interview dates in the week I requested (mid-January)
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Complete early august, also have not heard.
Ben2019
Full Member
OMG. It's January already..I’m not sure if they’ve gotten to any September complete dates
Does anyone at Cornell know if the admissions committee likes letters of intent or interest? I was super impressed by the school and my tour guides mentioned something to this effect, but the group was to big and the email naming system to weird to effectively get their emails.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, if you look at previous posts on this page you'll see Rs from late Sept applicantsHas anyone that was complete anytime in September heard back at all?
tehe123tehe456
Full Member
congrats! stats/when did you receive the ii?II today!
II just now
ochem_master2
Full Member
Congrats! When where you complete?II just now
thanks! 8/16Congrats! When where you complete?
WELL, I’m officially shooketh—got the II today in the afternoon! Complete 7/26, and it looks like they’re scheduling for late January
Schrodinger's Chat
Full Member
I sent a combined update + ITA letter to the updates email today. Do you guys think they'll see my ITA or should I email the main email address? I don't want to be annoying but I want them to see it lol
D
deleted688779
Wait to see if they acknowledge your ITA with a response.I sent a combined update + ITA letter to the updates email today. Do you guys think they'll see my ITA or should I email the main email address? I don't want to be annoying but I want them to see it lol
The updates email is only for updates, no other inquiries, as stated in the secondary complete email. But in your case, you already sent it so I would wait so it doesn't annoy them. I split my ITA and update into two docs.
Is it worth it to send a pre-II letter of interest and mention I live close enough to be there immediately if an interview slot opens up? Im getting desperate LOL and I honestly don't have much to update them on.
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
That is so funny because I was legit thinking that a few days ago. Emailing all the schools Im waiting to hear back from and telling them I’ll be able to attend last minute interviews since I have a flexible work schedule. I’m wondering what other people think about this?Is it worth it to send a pre-II letter of interest and mention I live close enough to be there immediately if an interview slot opens up? Im getting desperate LOL and I honestly don't have much to update them on.
stressed0-0
Full Member
II on Friday, complete 9/4
blockrudder1
Full Member
It really doesn't add much value. I wouldn't do it. I got my interview after an update letter here. Last yearThat is so funny because I was legit thinking that a few days ago. Emailing all the schools Im waiting to hear back from and telling them I’ll be able to attend last minute interviews since I have a flexible work schedule. I’m wondering what other people think about this?
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
I see. My purpose in sending it isn’t to add value it’s just letting schools know that I’m able to attend last minute interviews. I’ve already sent an update letter to Cornell.It really doesn't add much value. I wouldn't do it. I got my interview after an update letter here. Last year
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they have student hosting for interviews?
Yup! They don't advertise it, but just shoot the admissions office an email and they'll try and find someone based on availability
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Pre-II R, complete 8/7.
Darn. You get the e-mail today?Pre-II R, complete 8/7.
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Yup! A few minutes ago.Darn. You get the e-mail today?
ButImNotARapper
Full Member
For those who got IIs last Friday, did you get any confirmation emails with the interview day today?
I got the confirmation email on the same dayFor those who got IIs last Friday, did you get any confirmation emails with the interview day today?
Hey! So sorry to hear . I want to ask: Earler you were contemplating sending them a letter letting them know you are on standby if any cancellations or any last minute interviews become available. Did you end up sending anything to them?Pre-II R, complete 8/7.
Hang in there!
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Thank you for your kind words! I actually ended up not doing it lol.Hey! So sorry to hear . I want to ask: Earler you were contemplating sending them a letter letting them know you are on standby if any cancellations or any last minute interviews become available. Did you end up sending anything to them?
Hang in there!
Thank you for your kind words! I actually ended up not doing it lol.
Noted. It’s really tough. I saw you’re on other NYC school threads as well. I hope you have more fortune w/ the others (I’m assuming NYC is what you want).
Best of luck and sorry again for the rough start to your week. Hope it turns around for you .
Pre-II R today too :/ Submitted 8/2, complete 8/14
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Thank you!!! I’m from NYC so ideally I would love to stay in NYC. Do not worry lol I knew going into this cycle I was going to have some challenges because of my MCAT score but I gave it my all and that’s all that matters. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions though we’re all in this together!Noted. It’s really tough. I saw you’re on other NYC school threads as well. I hope you have more fortune w/ the others (I’m assuming NYC is what you want).
Best of luck and sorry again for the rough start to your week. Hope it turns around for you .
Just got the pre-II R. Complete 8/15. This one hurt
Sorry to hear that. They also have sent people email twice just in case..Just got the pre-II R. Complete 8/15. This one hurt
when did you get it? today? they sending them out every single day now. it's like they really running through apps nowJust got the pre-II R. Complete 8/15. This one hurt
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Throwaway33130
Full Member
The daily rejection waves are killing me as I wait in silence....
Same!! The suspense is killing meThe daily rejection waves are killing me as I wait in silence....
Pre-II R, complete mid-August, LM 72.
If it helps anyone/matters at all, I sent in an ITA (I'll be in NYC at the end of the month for another interview) less than one week before I got the R. It looks like they actually do take the time to review ITAs 🙂 On the whole, grateful for the communication and response. Good luck to everyone still in the running!
If it helps anyone/matters at all, I sent in an ITA (I'll be in NYC at the end of the month for another interview) less than one week before I got the R. It looks like they actually do take the time to review ITAs 🙂 On the whole, grateful for the communication and response. Good luck to everyone still in the running!
Yea! I think if you look earlier in the thread, people receive them even as short notice as a week or two weeks in advance. And they interview through february I think!