2019-2020 Weill Cornell

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still haven't received any word back from the school regarding my interview dates (not even a confirmation acknowledging my email) 🙁

I've followed up via phone a few times, but each time I'm told that the delay is simply because admissions is very busy, which I completely understand! However, some of the interview dates that I was available for have either passed or are approaching very soon, so I am a little worried. I was wondering, is anyone else on the same boat as me?

I heard offhand from admissions that their email systems were acting up this past week, try following up sometime next week if you still haven't heard back. Don't worry though, you definitely won't lose your interview spot!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any kind hearts from the first two MSTP interviews care to share some words about the interview experience?
 
For anyone who has interviewed here, how long is the tour and is there a lot of walking on it? Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know where I can find out more about WCMC's Area of Concentration program? My online sleuthing hasn't yielded too much information
 
Does anyone know where I can find out more about WCMC's Area of Concentration program? My online sleuthing hasn't yielded too much information
in the summer there was a site with a pdf explaining the details, but now it’s gone, and there’s just that page with the video. Maybe someone downloaded the pdf and can share?
 
in the summer there was a site with a pdf explaining the details, but now it’s gone, and there’s just that page with the video. Maybe someone downloaded the pdf and can share?
You can search using one of the internet archive sites.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my secondary late July and was just marked complete now. Would this negatively impact my application? I guess I should have taken the initiative to reach out to them earlier 🙁
 
I submitted my secondary late July and was just marked complete now. Would this negatively impact my application? I guess I should have taken the initiative to reach out to them earlier 🙁

What do you mean?
I submitted my secondary in late August and received my complete email before the end of the month.

Also, are they up to August in review yet?
 
What do you mean?
I submitted my secondary in late August and received my complete email before the end of the month.

Also, are they up to August in review yet?

They sent me an email saying my secondary wasn't complete yet, but when I checked my portal everything seemed to be in order. Just as I was about to call the admissions office, I got the complete email.
 
I wanted to send a post-interview letter of intent (strong ties to the area) and was wondering if anyone could answer the following questions

1. Are they receptive to LOI's?
2. Who do you send it too and when? (should I wait till like February?)
3. Should I include other acceptances?
 
So MSAR lists the matriculating MCAT range from 510 to 520. I have a 515 which puts me at the 25% mark. I’ve got a unique app otherwise with a great GPA.

Do I have a chance? Just submitted my secondary
 
Last edited:
I think OP was talking about MSTP, but I also really really hope that there are still spots for MD.

So I spent an embarrassing amount of time going through their previous years thread and Cornell was one of the schools that sent out interviews LATE into the season. From sdn users there were like bunch throughout Nov/dec/Jan all the way until February.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad