-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Weill Cornell
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Yes they are!very new to this forum and hoping someone can shed some light on Cornell's Letter of Intent policy. 1- are they receptive to LOIs? and 2. can we send a letter of intent anytime after our interview?
Should we send it before decisions come out in March? Or wait until after a potential waitlist?Yes they are!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
That’s a good question I’m not sure actually. I think you should write a long LOI that is able to be split into two LOIs and send one before decisions and send one after if you do have a potential waitlist.Should we send it before decisions come out in March? Or wait until after a potential waitlist?
D
deleted996731
Is Cornell the type of school that puts heavy weight on LOIs like mayo and vandy? It’s definitely one of my top schools but I’m too lazy to write an loi
jfijiefjieji
Full Member
how do you know?Decisions come out March 9, 2020!!!!
zeerabiscuit
Full Member
i saw a few IIs in January from last year’s threadis Cornell done sending ii’s?
Just got an II for early Jan. Complete in August. Chins up, there's still time!
D
deleted688779
Working their staff on Christmas EveJust got an II for early Jan. Complete in August. Chins up, there's still time!
Congrats!
himalayansaltlamp
Full Member
for anyone who has interviewed were both the interviews open and/or closed? Also any tips or advice for their interviews?
I think they were open! Not sure about access to stats though. The interviews were pretty laid back, but one of my interviewers had pretty set questions and the other didn’t. So it depends!
Open for sure. Mine referenced my transcript a few times (and noted my cumulative GPA) so I believe they have that...
hey I saw your are a current student at cornell, and I have a few questions about the school if you could PM me 🙂I’ll be happy to answer any questions 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
does anyone know how updates should be sent to cornell? i didn't see anywhere to upload a letter
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
I sent it attached as a pdf. to their admissions email! This is from their complete email:does anyone know how updates should be sent to cornell? i didn't see anywhere to upload a letter
“You may send us occasional, substantive application updates if appropriate. Please send any such updates to [email protected], attaching your update as a Word or PDF file with the file name in the following format: lastname_firstname_AAMCID_ date. You will receive a confirmation email.“
Do you mean post-interview? MSTP interviews finished and the admissions decisions were released in mid-December. Waitlist movement will probably happen in April.Has anybody who applied MSTP not heard back yet? Have all MSTP decisions been released?
honestlyidk
Full Member
anyone have any luck with pre-II updates here? i heart cornell lol
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Haha I wish I sent two and nothing *cries*anyone have any luck with pre-II updates here? i heart cornell lol
D
deleted688779
Sent an ITA and a combined update+interest letter. Nothing.anyone have any luck with pre-II updates here? i heart cornell lol
Do you mean post-interview? MSTP interviews finished and the admissions decisions were released in mid-December. Waitlist movement will probably happen in April.
Is anyone rejected post interview or all Waitlists pretty much?
medschoolthrowaway2020
Full Member
.
Last edited:
honestlyidk
Full Member
I sent a significant update and recently got an II
edit: i was just as shocked as you guys
By significant do you mean a publication or a new position? I dont have huge updates but wanted to include some research progress as well as express interest.
medschoolthrowaway2020
Full Member
Ugh sorry to be annoying I just don't want to dox myself. My update was more significant than research progress and I think it was a very big update by anyones standard. A bunch of stuff just fell together in the same couple weeks so it all went in one letter.By significant do you mean a publication or a new position? I dont have huge updates but wanted to include some research progress as well as express interest.
It could be that I was slated for an II anyway but clearly updates can't hurt you so I would go for it anyway. It's getting to the point in the interview season where theres not much to lose.
honestlyidk
Full Member
Ugh sorry to be annoying I just don't want to dox myself. My update was more significant than research progress and I think it was a very big update by anyones standard. A bunch of stuff just fell together in the same couple weeks so it all went in one letter.
It could be that I was slated for an II anyway but clearly updates can't hurt you so I would go for it anyway. It's getting to the point in the interview season where theres not much to lose.
Thanks so much!!
valkirieas
Full Member
Pre II R, complete 8/7
you got it today?Pre II R, complete 8/7
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
valkirieas
Full Member
yep around 4:30 pm estyou got it today?
D
deleted927529
Pre-II R, complete 9/25
Pre-II R, complete 9/25
Sorry to hear that :/
Was it via email or just in the portal?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D
deleted927529
I got an email.Sorry to hear that :/
Was it via email or just in the portal?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi! Does anyone know how late into the season Cornell interviews?
I wrote down March but it might go on into April. It'd be nice to know the last date.
medschoolthrowaway2020
Full Member
last year it looks like it went at least until the last Thursday in FebruaryView attachment 292098
I wrote down March but it might go on into April. It'd be nice to know the last date.
FISTMCLARGEHUGE
Full Member
Pre-II R, complete 9/25
Complete the same day, just waiting for them to translate my hastly finished secondary into "I just heard you have free tuition" and toss that R over
I sent an ITA about a week ago for late january. Will see what happens...
Did you send it to the email they provided for updates? Or the one they provided for questions for the admissions office?
Complete the same day, just waiting for them to translate my hastly finished secondary into "I just heard you have free tuition" and toss that R over
Did I miss some huge announcement about free tuition (to me means like NYU/Kaiser, everyone gets free tuition)?
I thought Weill indicated full, need-based financial aide?
FranklinDelanoRoooosevelt
Full Member
I got an II a couple days ago and they had two dates in mid January available
sent to their general admissions email!Did you send it to the email they provided for updates? Or the one they provided for questions for the admissions office?
D
deleted927529
You never know! I was pretty open about "I heard you have free tuition" thoughComplete the same day, just waiting for them to translate my hastly finished secondary into "I just heard you have free tuition" and toss that R over
Did I miss some huge announcement about free tuition (to me means like NYU/Kaiser, everyone gets free tuition)?
I thought Weill indicated full, need-based financial aide?
Full need based scholarships, no loans. Different from need based aid. Much better. The only students who pay are those who can. NYU is free across board for everyone so not exactly the same, but still pretty great.
Thanks very much!sent to their general admissions email!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had to google when Spring starts (March 19th this year) solely because of Cornell's timeline, but that's where my estimate comes from.Decisions are sent out in March though so I think it's more likely interview season ends sometime in Feb? Hopefully later though!
editing to speculate that they probably don't give a last date because they might have to scramble to interview people and fill their class. Who knows though, out of all the schools I checked this was the only one that gave a season as a stopping point
Samsesies! Did it land in "Social" too lol?Got that fat pre-II R. Good luck everyone!
Just realized I can contribute to this interview season question! I sent an ITA a while back and received this (I assume automated) reply, which indicates the interview season runs through Feb.