You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Weill Cornell
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted972488
The MSAR doesn’t include data from after NYU went tuition-free...any recent II?
Checking MSAR data on Cornell, it looks like they suffered huge losses to NYU over the past two years.
The MSAR doesn’t include data from after NYU went tuition-free...
2018? Not sure then. I thought that was the first year NYU went free?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted972488
They announced it in the middle of last cycle. Last cycle’s data isn’t on there yet!2018? Not sure then. I thought that was the first year NYU went free?
They announced it in the middle of last cycle. Last cycle’s data isn’t on there yet!
Oh wow, then Weill's number is gonna look ugly in the past cycle. I heard that they had to take 40% of their class from waitlist last cycle.
Oh wow, then Weill's number is gonna look ugly in the past cycle. I heard that they had to take 40% of their class from waitlist last cycle.
heard from where?
heard from where?
Ugh. I don't recall... maybe last cycle's thread?
Well with their new debt free medical education I wonder how that’ll affect the admissions!Ugh. I don't recall... maybe last cycle's thread?
wait what? I also used AP credit for Gen Chem 1 oh no! I'm confused because their website says it can be fulfilled by "advanced science coursework" so would that mean organic chemistry would count? They gave me an interview, so I wonder if they just overlooked this
I technically didn't fulfill all the prereqs of admission and I'm still here!
(don't report me pls I would like to stay here)
Oh wow, then Weill's number is gonna look ugly in the past cycle. I heard that they had to take 40% of their class from waitlist last cycle.
Not sure where you got this but this is not true.
I technically didn't fulfill all the prereqs of admission and I'm still here!
(don't report me pls I would like to stay here)
Not sure where you got this but this is not true.
Just check the stats of their accepted vs that of matriculants. A huge discrepancy, basically lost all its top 40% of the accepted class...
Attachments
Last edited:
I think most schools are like this unless its UCSF/Harvard/Stanford/Hopkins... go look at Michigan's MSAR it's a lot worse than this hahaJust check the stats of their accepted vs that of matriculants. A huge discrepancy, basically lost all its top 40% of the accepted class...
I think most schools are like this unless its UCSF/Harvard/Stanford/Hopkins... go look at Michigan's MSAR it's a lot worse than this haha
Just like us, schools overshoot too lol.
jfijiefjieji
Full Member
The median is one point lower. That's not a huge differenceJust check the stats of their accepted vs that of matriculants. A huge discrepancy, basically lost all its top 40% of the accepted class...
Caught a fat R for the MD/PhD program, should be considered as an MD applicant now. Anyone know if I still have a chance with the application only now being considered?
Sorry to hear that, but hoping you have better luck with MD-only!!! When was your complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mid August, and thanks!Sorry to hear that, but hoping you have better luck with MD-only!!! When was your complete?
is there internal ranking at Cornell?
D
deleted996731
When can I assume my ITA failed and they dont love me cause I’m kinda ugly. It’s been about 10 days so far
I sent an ITA in October, dead silence after the receipt email until II mid-late December. Stay optimistic, you worked hard to get hereWhen can I assume my ITA failed and they dont love me cause I’m kinda ugly. It’s been about 10 days so far
Nopesis there internal ranking at Cornell?
I hope that means my failed ITA doesn't mean my application was passed up on. 😀I sent an ITA in October, dead silence after the receipt email until II mid-late December. Stay optimistic, you worked hard to get here
D
deleted688779
I hope that means my failed ITA doesn't mean my application was passed up on. 😀
Same
D
deleted927529
Complete yesterday, also sent an ITA right after. The "Your Trip to New York City" email is the only confirmation we receive, right?
yes that is their "form email" for ITA requests because they get so many.Complete yesterday, also sent an ITA right after. The "Your Trip to New York City" email is the only confirmation we receive, right?
I wouldn't worry about it. I interviewed like 7 months after my ITA email, 2nd to last week of interviews and got accepted 2 weeks later.🤣🤣I hope that means my failed ITA doesn't mean my application was passed up on. 😀
ochem_master2
Full Member
Anyone heard back regarding interviews, complete after September 1?
the_expert
Full Member
so i have seen the ITA's not working above, but has anybody had any luck with an ITA?
beyondconfusedneedhelplps
Full Member
Anyone know if cornell sends rejections throughout the cycle for MD?
I believe I saw somewhere that they do... but idk where I saw itAnyone know if cornell sends rejections throughout the cycle for MD?
D
deleted958920
II earlier today! Complete 7/24. Stats in signature. I AM ECSTATIC!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the_expert
Full Member
Congrats 🙂 !!! What interview dates were available?II earlier today! Complete 7/24. Stats in signature. I AM ECSTATIC!
D
deleted958920
Congrats 🙂 !!! What interview dates were available?
Thanks! This is a big confidence boost after my recent rejection from UCSF. Dates available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10/8-10/24
II today as well (complete 8/4)!
Just curious, but for anyone who is a current student/has interviewed already, what is the afternoon interview session like? I'm contemplating busing down from Boston morning of and then heading directly there for the noon start as opposed to finding a student host or staying in a hotel the night before. Any insight on this?
Just curious, but for anyone who is a current student/has interviewed already, what is the afternoon interview session like? I'm contemplating busing down from Boston morning of and then heading directly there for the noon start as opposed to finding a student host or staying in a hotel the night before. Any insight on this?
Don't you have to check in in the morning?That would probably be fine. You’d go straight into the diversity talk and could relax for a bit, then lunch, tour, and then to your interviews. Although, I did the morning interviews and was pretty much dead by the time the tour started. So depending on how early you’d have to wake up, might be worth it to stay overnight.
edit: I think I'm wrong.
Last edited:
II today as well (complete 8/4)!
Just curious, but for anyone who is a current student/has interviewed already, what is the afternoon interview session like? I'm contemplating busing down from Boston morning of and then heading directly there for the noon start as opposed to finding a student host or staying in a hotel the night before. Any insight on this?
I did an afternoon interview and it was great. You get to sleep in a bit if you're local and relax/talk to students before your interviews, which were all pretty low-stress. I'm not on the adcom, but anecdotally from a few applicant lunches I went to this semester and my own experience, the interviewers review your file really thoroughly so the conversation flows pretty naturally since they know a lot about you. Don't stress too hard, just let your personality shine through conversation, they invited you for a reason!
nickster121
Full Member
I must’ve missed this last time I checked my email, but I received an II on Tuesday! Complete 8/5, LM ~ 74.
I’m so excited 🙂
How far is the medical college from the undergraduate campus? I’m trying to see if I can stay with one of my friends at Columbia (I’ve never been to NY so pls excuse my inexperience).
I’m so excited 🙂
How far is the medical college from the undergraduate campus? I’m trying to see if I can stay with one of my friends at Columbia (I’ve never been to NY so pls excuse my inexperience).
D
deleted996731
Are you talking about Cornell’s undergraduate?I must’ve missed this last time I checked my email, but I received an II on Tuesday! Complete 8/5, LM ~ 74.
I’m so excited 🙂
How far is the medical college from the undergraduate campus? I’m trying to see if I can stay with one of my friends at Columbia (I’ve never been to NY so pls excuse my inexperience).
So the medical campus is on the upper east side. Columbia is on the upper west side but a short subway ride away, so your friend should be able to help you without it being too much of an inconvenience. Now the undergrad campus for Cornell is in Ithica which is upstate, while the medical school is in the cityI must’ve missed this last time I checked my email, but I received an II on Tuesday! Complete 8/5, LM ~ 74.
I’m so excited 🙂
How far is the medical college from the undergraduate campus? I’m trying to see if I can stay with one of my friends at Columbia (I’ve never been to NY so pls excuse my inexperience).
I must’ve missed this last time I checked my email, but I received an II on Tuesday! Complete 8/5, LM ~ 74.
I’m so excited 🙂
How far is the medical college from the undergraduate campus? I’m trying to see if I can stay with one of my friends at Columbia (I’ve never been to NY so pls excuse my inexperience).
Cornell's undergrad campus is approximately 250 miles from Cornell's med school campus if that's what you're asking
nickster121
Full Member
So the medical campus is on the upper east side. Columbia is on the upper west side but a short subway ride away, so your friend should be able to help you without it being too much of an inconvenience. Now the undergrad campus for Cornell is in Ithica which is upstate, while the medical school is in the city
That’s perfect. Thank you both!Cornell's undergrad campus is approximately 250 miles from Cornell's med school campus if that's what you're asking
D
deleted996731
Congrats! I also hope my ITA works out. Complete date?ii~~ gasp gasp gasp!
for the record sent ITA in early September for the dates they offered so shoot you shot!
Mr.Wick
Full Member
thanks! secondary submitted 7/17, complete 7/22! I hope your ITA works out too!Congrats! I also hope my ITA works out. Complete date?
D
deleted972488
Congrats! You are killing it!II!!!!!! Complete end of July.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! You are too my friend 😀Congrats! You are killing it!
CRISPR_Queen
Full Member
II!!!!!! Complete end of July.
Ahhhh! Congrats!! What dates were available?
October! Tuesdays and Thursdays. You get to choose AM or PMAhhhh! Congrats!! What dates were available?
D
deleted996731
II. Complete 8/5. Would it look bad if I told them I would prefer another date since I’ll already be in the area along with saying that I can do one of their originally offered dates?
D
deleted972488
I'm sure it's fineII. Complete 8/5. Would it look bad if I told them I would prefer another date since I’ll already be in the area along with saying that I can do one of their originally offered dates?