-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Weill Cornell
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do you mind me asking your complete date?
Pre-II R earlier this morning
Complete 9/1
Best of luck to those still in the running! c:
Complete 9/1
Best of luck to those still in the running! c:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tehe123tehe456
Full Member
sorry to hear 🙁 whats your LM if you dont mind me asking?Pre-II R earlier this morning
Complete 9/1
Hit with the big fat R. UCSF II shot my confidence levels too high up 🙁
if you have a failed ITA does it probably mean theyre going to reject you?
D
deleted688779
I've seen mixed reviewsif you have a failed ITA does it probably mean theyre going to reject you?
MilkshakeDuck
Full Member
R, pre-II, complete 10/7
@MilkshakeDuck : Sorry to hear that :/ Do you mind sharing when you got the email?
MilkshakeDuck
Full Member
30 minutes ago@MilkshakeDuck : Sorry to hear that :/ Do you mind sharing when you got the email?
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
so if they’re sending Rs in these small almost daily waves does that mean there are still IIs to be sent out?
7/20 complete here who's still not rejected for some reason. Hopefully there are? Seems like they give pretty little notice too.so if they’re sending Rs in these small almost daily waves does that mean there are still IIs to be sent out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Reeeeeeeejected
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
is there a way to check communication status here? i don’t see that page on the portal where i submitted the secondary
There’s a portal?is there a way to check communication status here? i don’t see that page on the portal where i submitted the secondary
Medapplicant101
Full Member
Received an II this time last week but have decided not to attend. Hope it goes to someone on here!
Haha, did anyone else here get an interview this cycle that felt like a stress interview?? I walked outta there like
what was THAT
Looks like people in past threads had similar experiences, but part of me is still like 😱 what if it was REAL
what was THAT
Looks like people in past threads had similar experiences, but part of me is still like 😱 what if it was REAL
D
deleted996731
PM me your interviewer cause SAMEHaha, did anyone else here get an interview this cycle that felt like a stress interview?? I walked outta there like
View attachment 294072
what was THAT
Looks like people in past threads had similar experiences, but part of me is still like 😱 what if it was REAL
+1!!!PM me your interviewer cause SAME
Does Cornell match other scholarship offers? And is it ok to write a letter of intent if it’s your top school but you would go to another comparable school that offers more money? I’m conflicted about whether they think it’s ok to do this.
have you already been accepted at Cornell?
I just called admissions and asked whether they’re still sending out interviews. The lady said they’re interviewing until the middle/end of February and all decisions will be made after that. If anyone knows of the latest interview dates available, we might be closer to determining whether all IIs have been sent out, considering the majority have definitely been sent.
Pre-med9820
Full Member
Does cornell accept pre-II updates?? If so, how do we send them in?
Bucgator24
Full Member
I’m pretty sure that Cornell only gives out need based aid, which is directly based off EFC from FASFA and CSS profile. I was told on interview day, that there is no merit aid. Merit aid is usually what people try to get other schools to match.Does Cornell match other scholarship offers? And is it ok to write a letter of intent if it’s your top school but you would go to another comparable school that offers more money? I’m conflicted about whether they think it’s ok to do this.
+1, complete 9/12. Was also holding out for an II but good luck to everyone still in the running!Rejected pre-ii just now. Had survived so many r waves I was starting to get hope so this one stung. Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected, complete 8/27. Felt like I still had a shot surviving all those R's, but guess not. Sent in an update too.
Constant Rs are making me check my email every hour ♀️ I was hopeful for so long but now it’s so late in the game that im like is there any chance pls give me an II
Haha, did anyone else here get an interview this cycle that felt like a stress interview?? I walked outta there like
View attachment 294072
what was THAT
Looks like people in past threads had similar experiences, but part of me is still like 😱 what if it was REAL
FWIW there is an infamous interviewer there I heard about... also I’ve been on an interview last this and by far thought it was my worst interview yet somehow got accepted lol. So don’t fret!
PM me your interviewer cause SAME
+2 lol
FWIW there is an infamous interviewer there I heard about... also I’ve been on an interview last this and by far thought it was my worst interview yet somehow got accepted lol. So don’t fret!
Can I PM you? I'm curious if I got that same person
D
deleted996731
PM me your stress interviewer btwCan I PM you? I'm curious if I got that same person
II just now, super excited 🙂 complete 11/14
Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing which dates were offered?
II! completely early July
Thanks! They offered 2/6 and 2/11
I appreciate that! I hope you have a great interview 🙂
CaffeineEnthusiast
Full Member
Also II today! Same dates offered 2/6 or 2/11
Me lookin at the pre-II R Cornell finally got around to sending my way.
does cornell do student housing or nah?
does cornell do student housing or nah?
Yeah you'll be given a tour. It's a dorm style with shared bathroom w/1 person for first year and the building is old. Not ideal, but you still get your own space and it's cheap.
my bad. i meant student HOSTING haha sorry but good to know!Yeah you'll be given a tour. It's a dorm style with shared bathroom w/1 person for first year and the building is old. Not ideal, but you still get your own space and it's cheap.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my bad. i meant student HOSTING haha sorry but good to know!
They do offer student hosting, but it's not as well advertised or guaranteed. Email Joanne and she should be able to help you!
cheers mateThey do offer student hosting, but it's not as well advertised or guaranteed. Email Joanne and she should be able to help you!
Can’t believe I’m actually writing this but got an II today. Complete early August. Dates offered were the same as the others.
Congratulations!!
Had a dream I got rejected from here last night... haven’t gotten the real one yet but I have a feeling it was a sign of the future