2019-2020 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will there be snow here in January? I have no clue how to prepare for cold weather. PM if you have advice

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview declined. Hope it goes to one of you.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone interview on 10/11 and still waiting to hear back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interview on 10/11 and still waiting to hear back?
I interviewed on 10/11, and haven’t heard anything as well. This Friday will make it 4 weeks post interview. So according to their time table we should be hearing something within the next two weeks.

I interviewed on 10/11, and haven’t heard anything as well. This Friday will make it 4 weeks post interview. So according to their time table we should be hearing something within the next two weeks.

Did they say it would be 4-6 weeks post interview?

IIRC, you can call them for an update on the status of your app 4 weeks after an interview. I think it says it on one of the handouts given on interview day.

Interviewed 10/11 just got a call, ACCEPTED!!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted today. OOS, interviewed 10/11

This is my top choice, but I was recently waitlisted post-II (interviewed on 9/27). Does anyone know how receptive UW is to receiving letters of intent?

This is my top choice, but I was recently waitlisted post-II (interviewed on 9/27). Does anyone know how receptive UW is to receiving letters of intent?
I don't think so at least based on what they told us.. :\ at my interview day they told us they rank all WL's in order and that there's not really anything someone on the WL could do to change that update/LOI or otherwise. They said that at that point it's just going down the list offering A's in order.

My interview here is in a couple weeks and I know you all have been getting snow, so can someone tell me whether the day's activities are all inside or not? If not, any recommendations for what others did for their shoe situation (women especially)? Thank you!

My interview here is in a couple weeks and I know you all have been getting snow, so can someone tell me whether the day's activities are all inside or not? If not, any recommendations for what others did for their shoe situation (women especially)? Thank you!
all activities are inside they know wisco is cold for half the interview season lol! Not a lot of walking for the inside-tour either but a few stairs. :) heel-friendly imo

Just got hit with that spicy Pre-II R. Complete 8/14 OOS

• Sad
And advice in preparing for Wisconsin's interview day? Curious as to what to expect for the group activity.

Reactions: 1 users
And advice in preparing for Wisconsin's interview day? Curious as to what to expect for the group activity.

tbh it’s extremely chill, they’re mainly interested in knowing who you are as a person and if you’re a team worker etc

Is anyone else who interviewed on 10/11 still waiting to hear back?

Last edited:
II OOS! Completed around end of July

Anyone in state completed September or later hear back ?

II in the morning
LM 71.3 OOS, complete 7/17

Rejected pre-II, OOS. Pretty devastated; to say it was my top choice is an understatement. I've visited Madison once every 4 months on average since I graduated two years ago and I consider it a second home... Always have a place to stay among friends who I consider family. Would have stayed here permanently if it weren't for my dreams of being a doctor and my graduate degree program being in NYC. But hard to overcome to in state bias and my poor sGPA.

521, 3.21 sGPA, 3.54 GPA. OOS, Wisco undergrad.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone OOS complete in mid-august have yet to hear anything back?

Rejected pre-II, OOS. Pretty devastated; to say it was my top choice is an understatement. I've visited Madison once every 4 months on average since I graduated two years ago and I consider it a second home... Always have a place to stay among friends who I consider family. Would have stayed here permanently if it weren't for my dreams of being a doctor and my graduate degree program being in NYC. But hard to overcome to in state bias and my poor sGPA.

521, 3.21 sGPA, 3.54 GPA. OOS, Wisco undergrad.

Honestly very annoying, it sounds like you’re an awesome applicant and that’s unfortunate that they didn’t care. Your science GPA should be irrelevant given your 521

Honestly very annoying, it sounds like you’re an awesome applicant and that’s unfortunate that they didn’t care. Your science GPA should be irrelevant given your 521
Although this school is a high mid tier school I think they are pretty holistic and care more about other aspects of the app than stats. But Im sure the person Who just got rejected will get into an awesome school.

Does anyone know how Wisconsin handles their waitlist? I wasn’t given a ranking since they’re still interviewing people. They made it seem like they accept a good amount of people off the waitlist

Does anyone know how Wisconsin handles their waitlist? I wasn’t given a ranking since they’re still interviewing people. They made it seem like they accept a good amount of people off the waitlist
Really depends on the year. Sometimes they dig fairly deep into the alternate list, sometimes they don't. Last year they took 0, two years ago I think the number was ~15 (I am not confident on the second figure, so anyone who is feel free to correct me).

Can somebody better explain to me their grading system? It’s not true pass/faill and none of the students on interview day seemed to know how it really worked either...

Accepted to WARM by mail. No phone call.
+1 When did you get the letter in the mail? I was SO surprised! I called admissions and they said the director was not able to get calls out before the letters made it to us. Still incredibly happy! Interviewed on 10/18.

+1 When did you get the letter in the mail? I was SO surprised! I called admissions and they said the director was not able to get calls out before the letters made it to us. Still incredibly happy! Interviewed on 10/18.
Did either of you check the portal? Was/is that updated?

Accepted last Thursday via phone call. Got the email and portal update the next day. Interviewed 10/18

Dang. Complete 9/15 still silence...