2020-2021 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got placed in the alternate pool at 3:45pm today. Interviewed 11/6. Disappointed but not surprised given GW's post-ii acceptance rate.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Got placed in the alternate pool at 3:45pm today. Interviewed 11/6. Disappointed but not surprised given GW's post-ii acceptance rate.
+1
A bit upset, because this is the only school in my area that I interviewed with. I interviewed 11/10

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got placed on the alternative pools today as well.... 11/19 interview. Little heart broken but just sent a letter of intent! <3 trying to keep positive :)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Considering that GW is a low yield school with 15k total applicants and a 508 10th percentile mcat it would be very difficult unless your EC's are like 11/10. I feel you though on the MCAT, mine was much lower than expected as well feels bad :( ... some of my friends are retaking their mcat next month though

Edit: they also have 2 different BS/MD programs which means they accept even less from that applicant pool.
GW MS1 here. GW takes into consideration the whole applicant -- they don't look only at your scores, they look at your potential of being an outstanding physician. I would say that, especially with these challenging times, GW would not look at it so harshly (my opinion -- not an official statement from GW). With that being said, however, do keep in mind that GW SMHS has the second-lowest acceptance rate in the country. Still, do shoot ya shot.

Got placed on the alternative pools today as well.... 11/19 interview. Little heart broken but just sent a letter of intent! <3 trying to keep positive :)
That was a fast response? Is it usually this quick of a turn around?

Hi everyone! I got an II yesterday and the email says that after confirming that I can attend the interview I would get a meeting notification. I confirmed yesterday minutes after I got the email but I haven’t gotten it. Did this happen to anyone else?

Hi everyone! I got an II yesterday and the email says that after confirming that I can attend the interview I would get a meeting notification. I confirmed yesterday minutes after I got the email but I haven’t gotten it. Did this happen to anyone else?
Congrats on the interview! I can't answer your question, but would you kind sharing when your interview is? Thanks!

Congrats on the interview! I can't answer your question, but would you kind sharing when your interview is? Thanks!
Thank you! It's scheduled for February 04, 2021.

Reactions: 1 users
if you mean the link for the interview, they will send you the link right before yoru interview date

if you mean the link for the interview, they will send you the link right before yoru interview date
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 1.13.55 PM.png

This was part of the invitation email. I confirmed my interview but haven't received that meeting notification to my preferred email that's mentioned here.

Members don't see this ad :)
GW MS1 here. GW takes into consideration the whole applicant -- they don't look only at your scores, they look at your potential of being an outstanding physician. I would say that, especially with these challenging times, GW would not look at it so harshly (my opinion -- not an official statement from GW). With that being said, however, do keep in mind that GW SMHS has the second-lowest acceptance rate in the country. Still, do shoot ya shot.
With the acceptance rate, one has to look at the fact that so many people apply

Reactions: 1 user
I got a waitlist notification only two weeks after my interview. I’m not sure if anyone looked at my updates I was sending :(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I am also interviewing around this time and would appreciate some insight on the interview day. Is there any info session on another day? or is that the office of student opportunities webex event
On interview day there's just the 2 back to back interviews (at least they were back to back for me), nothing else. The student opportunities event basically seems like an info session. Closer to your interview you will also get access to the interview portal that has a lot of slide shows etc

Accepted today at 11am. Interviewed 11/06. Congratulations to those who heard back today.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
I was complete end of august. Sent an update in October. Silence. Could I send another update in? Or is that excessive?

I was complete end of august. Sent an update in October. Silence. Could I send another update in? Or is that excessive?
I am in the same boat and am wondering the same thing. I know GW likes to see applicants sending updates as it indicates their continued interest in the program. Also, since the interview cycle is a little over 3/4 of the way done, I certainly don't think we have a lot of downside risk in sending in another at this point.

That said, I'm not certain that it wont hurt our chances. I'll do it if you do it tho lol.

• Haha
I am in the same boat and am wondering the same thing. I know GW likes to see applicants sending updates as it indicates their continued interest in the program. Also, since the interview cycle is a little over 3/4 of the way done, I certainly don't think we have a lot of downside risk in sending in another at this point.

That said, I'm not certain that it wont hurt our chances. I'll do it if you do it tho lol.
"I'll do it if you do it tho lol."

Just wanted to say that I love your energy.

Whaaat 😧 more than 3/4 over?? We started in august and we have till March dont we?

Reactions: 5 users
So just to confirm: GW doesnt have any waitlist movements til spring right?

Reactions: 1 users
So just to confirm: GW doesnt have any waitlist movements til spring right?
Yep, little to no movement in March. Some movement in April, and the bulk of the movement occurs in May, with a tiny little trickle in June/July/Aug

• Love
Hi I interviewed 10/30 and still have not heard back. Did anyone else interview around this time who’s in the same boat as me?

Hi I interviewed 10/30 and still have not heard back. Did anyone else interview around this time who’s in the same boat as me?

I interviewed a few days before you and heard back with my acceptance yesterday, so you should be on deck soon.

Anyone on pre-II hold heard back? Been like this since September...

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but can hold status be found in the portal? Complete 10/18 and still "under review" here so I'm curious what to look out for.
yea! they will say something like "we have reviewed ur app and decided to re-review later on...etc etc"

Hey! for those getting interview invites these days have you guys received a meeting notification from GWU after confirming the interview date? I'm still a little worried about that.😓

Hey! for those getting interview invites these days have you guys received a meeting notification from GWU after confirming the interview date? I'm still a little worried about that.😓
I'm interviewing on 12/15 and I have not received a meeting notification yet. I've read before that its usually 24-48 hours before?

when do most people write a letter of intent post-II?
for GW specifically, I think it's recommended to save LOI til we get waitlisted for two reasons: 1)GW accepts about 25-30% of interviewees including waitlist movement, so that means most of people who interviewed will get waitlisted. 2)last year, GW explicitly asked waitlisted applicants to send in a LOI so we will need a convincing letter to stay on the list! Good luck!

I'm interviewing on 12/15 and I have not received a meeting notification yet. I've read before that its usually 24-48 hours before?
thank you! this puts me at ease. good luck with your interview!

Interview invite today! Scheduled for 2/4/21. Came as a bit of a surprise, but I've also worked here for over a year and a half now. For those asking, I did send an update letter around 3-4 weeks ago.

Reactions: 4 users